KC TV station says MCIE closing by next summer

First it's the law that they get some notice and I'm sure that AA had to give notice to any vendors that provide whatever at MCIE? About bumping? Who there is protected or even has enough seniority to displace someone either? Any openings in DFW will go to the other stations that are having a reduction first. I don't think too many of these people will have any options? Again tell me what AA is doing for them? And yes I do know that our fleet has been significantly reduced and MCIE is the only place they can close without having to find places for the people to go. It is what it is but it still should put a bad taste in all of our mouths because what has happened to the former TWAers could have and still could happen to us someday. AA won't be happy until it can erase every memory that TWA or it's people ever existed. Thats the AA way. It's just taking them a little longer because of the size of the airline they ate to swallow the meal.
I dont think AA as a company cares if you are a native or a aquired employee, your fellow TWU members on the other hand might. Last Dec/Jan when they had a RIF in MCIE they were several stations AFW, DFW, for just a few where they made openings, if AA has such a hate for ex TWAers why have opening during the RIF. They would have to bump the juniorty list JFK, LGA. if they were no openings? :huh:

overhaul_base_TWA.jpgTWA_AA_in_STL.jpg
I dont think AA as a company cares if you are a native or a aquired employee, your fellow TWU members on the other hand might. Last Dec/Jan when they had a RIF in MCIE they were several stations AFW, DFW, for just a few where they made openings, if AA has such a hate for ex TWAers why have opening during the RIF. They would have to bump the juniorty list JFK, LGA. if they were no openings? :huh:
Two great airlines One great future?????????????????????

I dont think AA has any more contempt towards Ex-TWAers than they do towards NAAtives. They are indifferent to the human needs of both groups. We are no different than pork bellies, a commodity,

First it's the law that they get some notice and I'm sure that AA had to give notice to any vendors that provide whatever at MCIE? About bumping? Who there is protected or even has enough seniority to displace someone either? Any openings in DFW will go to the other stations that are having a reduction first. I don't think too many of these people will have any options? Again tell me what AA is doing for them? And yes I do know that our fleet has been significantly reduced and MCIE is the only place they can close without having to find places for the people to go. It is what it is but it still should put a bad taste in all of our mouths because what has happened to the former TWAers could have and still could happen to us someday. AA won't be happy until it can erase every memory that TWA or it's people ever existed. Thats the AA way. It's just taking them a little longer because of the size of the airline they ate to swallow the meal.
If what I've read on here is true our fleet size is what it was back when we had only one base. I dont want to take the companies side on much, but it only makes sense.

I dont think AA has any more contempt towards Ex-TWAers than they do towards NAAtives. They are indifferent to the human needs of both groups. We are no different than pork bellies, a commodity,

Too true Bob it's just that they have the contractual right to basically get rid of the former TWA folks where they can't right now with us because of the protection language. Next it will be STL in fleet. They've gutted them down to almost nothing of what they were already. And we really can't expect people that aren't human to be humane can we? And I really don't believe we're a commodity to them? More like a hinderance to them to prevent from putting even more money in there pockets. They're all WeAAsles.

If what I've read on here is true our fleet size is what it was back when we had only one base. I dont want to take the companies side on much, but it only makes sense.

It's not about that. If fleet size due to this recession dictates the closure so be it. Yes AA first and foremost is a business. But you can ask any TWA person you want and they'll be the ones to tell you that AA has NEVER made them feel welcome at all. Even some of my fellow co-workers are guilty of this sentiment. I don't really care how some of them choose to relate to these people? Thats there choice to live with. I'll just keep going out of my way to be nice to them as much as possible. I would hope someone would do that for me if the shoe was on the other foot?

Too true Bob it's just that they have the contractual right to basically get rid of the former TWA folks where they can't right now with us because of the protection language. Next it will be STL in fleet. They've gutted them down to almost nothing of what they were already. And we really can't expect people that aren't human to be humane can we? And I really don't believe we're a commodity to them? More like a hinderance to them to prevent from putting even more money in there pockets. They're all WeAAsles.
Its not only staff reductions at MCIE @490 and STL @80

SFO @ 100
MSP @ 19
DET @ 15
SJC @ 18

remember stl mci 100% senority to twa only. what stations do you think go first!STL was making money they AA chose to run from it.AA cool aid drinkers calm down .

I think if you take the total headcount for OH, spread between the three bases and compare it to what Tulsa had all by itself at its peak, its around the same, however the fleet has changed, there are more widebodies in the fleet, in other words OH produces more than ever before, and they do it for less than ever before, and the company wants more.

remember stl mci 100% senority to twa only. what stations do you think go first!STL was making money they AA chose to run from it.AA cool aid drinkers calm down .
Where do you get your info on STL making money with WN undercutting them on every flight, STL had great on time Dept and start flights but that dont make you money, most full fare tickets look for cheapest fare..............

It's not about that. If fleet size due to this recession dictates the closure so be it. Yes AA first and foremost is a business. But you can ask any TWA person you want and they'll be the ones to tell you that AA has NEVER made them feel welcome at all. Even some of my fellow co-workers are guilty of this sentiment. I don't really care how some of them choose to relate to these people? Thats there choice to live with. I'll just keep going out of my way to be nice to them as much as possible. I would hope someone would do that for me if the shoe was on the other foot?
The TWA people came to AA with a huge chip on their shoulders. They could not swallow their pride and accept the fact that they were purchased.
I always get the feeling that they hate AA and really don't want to be here anyways.

The TWA people came to AA with a huge chip on their shoulders. They could not swallow their pride and accept the fact that they were purchased.
I always get the feeling that they hate AA and really don't want to be here anyways.
Thats a pretty broad statement. Seems to me they are pretty much like the rest of us, trying to get through the day and earn a living. Try looking at them differently and you may discover that we all have more in common than you may want to admit. Its shouldnt be naatives against TWA, it should be "US" against maanagement.

At my station as a AMT we have ex-TWAers and they are great to work with, in some ways better than my fellow natives, they work till everyone assigned to the plane is done not just the I got the outside you take inside or whatever, I dont see any chip on shoulders or hate towards AA they are here just trying to make a check to pay bills like you and I, dont judge all the same..........

Ditto for me on both two above posts. Sure maybe some guys from TWA have been a little disgruntled. But wouldn't you or I be also? For the most part the gentleman that I've had the pleasure to work with that were part of TWA were humble, hard working, gracious people. Most of them take alot of pride in the job they do and I'd be glad to have a whole crew of them with me on the line any day. And I really hope that what Bob pointed out comes true one day? It shouldnt be naatives against TWA, it should be "US" against maanagement.