Kirby on CNBC 4PM today

I don’t usually watch sitcoms, but I’ll watch in this instance.

EDIT: What time zone?

ET. They are doing a story on AMR right now. It's really a tease for a later program about AMR. This tease is describing how AMR is talking about talking all paint off planes and replacing them with decals... saving about 400 lbs per plane.

Supposedly Kirby is coming up next.

Kirby was on to talk about the letter that the airline CEOs put out to stop the oil speculation trading on the markets. He also was asked about the higher costs which he said was directly because of fuel. He quoted the $299/pax fuel number. There were no questions about the IFE removal or other changes/cuts (but many were mentioned in the graphics that went by).

There was nothing new mentioned in the interview.

I do wonder why DP wasn't the one doing the interview? I think DP looks better and presents himself better on TV than Kirby.

ET. They are doing a story on AMR right now. It's really a tease for a later program about AMR. This tease is describing how AMR is talking about talking all paint off planes and replacing them with decals... saving about 400 lbs per plane.

Supposedly Kirby is coming up next.

It's nothing we don't know already. The speculators are killing the industry and the economy and the airlines are requesting congress to step in. As long as Bush talks " IRAN " than oil will go up and speculators will have a field day on us.

He was on NBC Nightly News and he must be battery operated because he said everything the papers have written that he said. I swear I could see the strings :lol:

He was on NBC Nightly News and he must be battery operated because he said everything the papers have written that he said. I swear I could see the strings :lol:
I didn't see the interview, but I believe you. I'm sure he said the same things, because the same questions were probably asked. Just as I'm sure every airline has been asked the same question, and given the same answers. There's nothing really different to say is there? I mean nothing has changed; the industry is still in crisis, the price of oil is still rising, flights and people are being cut, and each carrier is introducing new fees to try and offset the cost of oil. Instead of interviewing airline ceo's and presidents again and again, why don't these journalists start interviewing the presidential candidates about what they plan to do about the rising cost of oil? Or ask the candidates what will happen to this country if the top 5 domestic carriers declare bankruptcy or go out of business?