Kirby on CNBC 4PM today

Instead of interviewing airline ceo's and presidents again and again, why don't these journalists start interviewing the presidential candidates about what they plan to do about the rising cost of oil?

There are still too many empty platitudes for the presidential candidates to spout about the energy crisis for that to have any effect. Ask away; they have the canned answers ready for the camera along with the much practiced "concerned facial expression."

Kirby’s good to present on TV because he brings no drama … he’s not a major business figure like Doug parker , there won’t be any questions about DUI’s etc … so in other words he’s not a lighting rod …. And I think so few people actually know who he is , that he’s almost innocuous while on tv …He presents such a mundane view on the situation that I think it actually reassures anyone watching him “ oh that nice man says everything is fine at us airways , so everything must be fine “ ….

I swear he’s like a ninja :ph34r: , he could be five feet in front of you and you’d never know it …. I wonder how many times I’ve crossed paths with the man over the years working here and never realized it … we should use him as a spy and send him to other airlines meetings , just have him walk in quietly and sit down , they’ll never notice him ….