Kirkpatrick

jimntx said:
I misunderstood the original post. I thought the procedure had already been done. Keep us posted.
[post="187316"][/post]​
Tomorrow they will do a procedure called an "embolization" where they will thread a catheter from my groin through the heart and up toward the brain. They will inject dye and "map" the vessels to see where the tumor's blood supply is coming from. If most of it comes from the membrane rather than the brain they will inject particles which should clog the tumor's vessels and shrink it.

Wednesday is the "big day." They will saw through an remove a piece of my skull on the top right side. The tumor is actually quite large at about 2.5". The chances of malignancy is only about .5% and I stand a very good chance of coming out unscathed, although when the brain springs back out there's always the chance of something happening. Even if it does it might not be permanent.

This started about a year ago with very occasional (once every two weeks) tingling and numbness in my left arm which went away in 30 seconds. Then about three weeks ago I had one which was far more severe and included my left leg. I felt disoriented and almost collapsed. The doc got a call the next morning and the troubleshooting process began. Thursday an MRI showed the cause and I was hospitalized that evening.

I'm lucky. It could be much worse.

Thanks for the good will; it is appreciated.

From North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset (on dialup - ugh!)

MK

Mark's surgery lasted just over 4 hours. The bleeding was minimal. It was over by noon. He is doing well. When Mark awakened, he said: " I feel better than I thought I would."

TWAnr said:
Mark's surgery lasted just over 4 hours. The bleeding was minimal. It was over by noon. He is doing well. When Mark awakened, he said: " I feel better than I thought I would."
[post="188614"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A MIGHTY "THANK YOU" is owed to,(which ever applies);

The CREATOR, GOD, ALLAH, GREAT SPIRIT, JESUS etc etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

TWAnr said:
Mark received the pathology report today . The tumor was benign.
[post="188855"][/post]​

Thanks TWANR for the wonderful update :up:

Now THAT is great news!

Happy Hour starts in 37 minutes here on the West Coast....I hope many will join me in having one (or two, or three) for Mark and his terrific team of surgeons
:D

extwacaptain said:
Thanks TWANR for the wonderful update :up:

Now THAT is great news!

Happy Hour starts in 37 minutes here on the West Coast....I hope many will join me in having one (or two, or three) for Mark and his terrific team of surgeons
:D
[post="188943"][/post]​
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hello Capt." !!!!!!

"one(or two or three)" Does this mean that Sally will "lengthen" the leash ??
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards,
NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hello Capt." !!!!!!

"one(or two or three)" Does this mean that Sally will "lengthen" the leash ??
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards,
NH/BB's
[post="189050"][/post]​

Hey wait a minute, Bear.....

BIG DOGS DON'T WEAR A LEASH :lol:

(until I hear differently) ;)

Randolph
(and his secretary)

Latest posts

Back