Laying Off Mechanics Yet They Are Hiring

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
300 plus mechanics in CLT are getting laid-off yet I see the company is hiring SIX more Foreman for base maintenance.

And they wonder why morale is getting worse.

700UW said:
300 plus mechanics in CLT are getting laid-off yet I see the company is hiring SIX more Foreman for base maintenance.

And they wonder why morale is getting worse.
[post="255400"][/post]​

This suprises you?

How long have you been with US??

They always need more management Jim W the director needs as many people around him as he can so he has plenty of people to yell at and blame for everything.. Just like Rocket Scientist Gary S in PIT.

They surround themselves with people because they have no idea what an airplane does, how to make a track work, how to fix anything.. Thats why they are now the directors..

Don't be suprised if they add another 5 to CLT and add 7 more to PIT.. You can never have enough supervisors..

Anyone have the latest news for the Charlotte shops and mechanics? I had some friends that went to work down there at one of the off site shops on second or third shift. Are people being sent over to the hangar?

blueoceans said:
Anyone have the latest news for the Charlotte shops and mechanics? I had some friends that went to work down there at one of the off site shops on second or third shift. Are people being sent over to the hangar?
[post="255445"][/post]​

Clt will have line, gse and base only. Plant maint. will keep around 12 guys with no leads. Their will also be about 25 or so insp. in the whole station. Base will have 345 mechanics. 115 each shift with 3 sets of days off split equally. F/S, S/M, and T/W. Management came up with this great plan. IT would have served everyone better to alter this plan. 345 guys with most well over 20 years on this schedule will once again crush morale and productivity. And we thought we hit the bottom.Their not smart enough to figure out that when you have 345 employess and you spread them out to make the shifts and days off less desireable that the morale and production hits an all time low. That is the reasoning for hiring 6 more supervisors. Everyone is fed up and tired of being demoralized by the stupidity of the company. Most will be relieved when fuel prices finally drive in the final stake. Finally we can pull the life support. I don't know the numbers on line.

Morale?

You think they care about that? They could care less..

If they had their way 100% you would be on the street right now and a guy
name Wan would be fixing that 737.

DR.EVIL said:
Clt will have line, gse and base only. Plant maint. will keep around 12 guys with no leads. Their will also be about 25 or so insp. in the whole station. Base will have 345 mechanics. 115 each shift with 3 sets of days off split equally. F/S, S/M, and T/W. Management came up with this great plan. IT would have served everyone better to alter this plan. 345 guys with most well over 20 years on this schedule will once again crush morale and productivity. And we thought we hit the bottom.Their not smart enough to figure out that when you have 345 employess and you spread them out to make the shifts and days off less desireable that the morale and production hits an all time low. That is the reasoning for hiring 6 more supervisors. Everyone is fed up and tired of being demoralized by the stupidity of the company. Most will be relieved when fuel prices finally drive in the final stake. Finally we can pull the life support. I don't know the numbers on line.
[post="255598"][/post]​
days off??? don't they have t/f...s/s...m/t???

delldude said:
days off??? don't they have t/f...s/s...m/t???
[post="255697"][/post]​

Currently it is f/s,s/m and 12 off on s/s for 1st and 2nd base. 3rds is s/s and m/t with far less on 3rd shift than other shifts.

justaumechanic said:
This suprises you?

Don't be suprised
[post="255440"][/post]​

What really surprises me is the fact that grown up free thinking individuals still go to work there everyday obviously believing they “must" convinced that is the best they can do, to live under such conditions. No wonder management treats employees as subhuman, they know they can because people keep going back for more. They gutted the contract, enforce extremely harsh policies, yet people still show up everyday, willingly! THAT is what surprises me.

Hell…they even fired Sheila from Pit after over 14 years, fired her twice no less when they knew from day one the poor women didn’t have the aptitude to handle the work. Why now after all these years and it stuck? Why, because they softened the union after many blowing upper cuts they left the ones remaining dazed and wondering what hit them. From this point forward and however much longer U exists, don’t expect anything to surprise you.

calibrator said:
What really surprises me is the fact that grown up free thinking individuals still go to work there everyday obviously believing they “must" convinced that is the best they can do, to live under such conditions. No wonder management treats employees as subhuman, they know they can because people keep going back for more. They gutted the contract, enforce extremely harsh policies, yet people still show up everyday, willingly! THAT is what surprises me.

Hell…they even fired Sheila from Pit after over 14 years, fired her twice no less when they knew from day one the poor women didn’t have the aptitude to handle the work. Why now after all these years and it stuck? Why, because they softened the union after many blowing upper cuts they left the ones remaining dazed and wondering what hit them. From this point forward and however much longer U exists, don’t expect anything to surprise you.
[post="255719"][/post]​

Now this is a perfect post.. You are 100% correct.. And Sheila needed to go on her 90.. Very bad technician.. Very bad..

Basically they are coming to work because its a paycheck.. Thats why. You have to eat.. Simple as that.

There is a perfectly good explanation for needing more supervisors.

MORE SCREWS for the base maintenance prison system :down: :down:

I am SO glad I am leaving :D

Uh, are they replacing supervisors who have left for greener pasture, or increasing the overall number of supervisors?...

If it's the latter, maybe some of y'all need to apply to be supervisors and have some job security.

E-TRONS said:
There is a perfectly good explanation for needing more supervisors.

MORE SCREWS for the base maintenance prison system :down: :down:

I am SO glad I am leaving :D
[post="255752"][/post]​
Good for you and wise decision. After you're out of there you will realize what working under such circumstances was doing to you and realize life is just too damn short for all the petty nonsense you were putting up with. You can go anywhere now and do better, they made sure of that fact by taking away everything that was won over the last 50 years, even though the companies survival is still not assured. All the reasons to live under that kind of duress have vanished and staying is now only an excuse to avoid the unknown. The USA economy is picking up with companies hiring more and more as 2005 goes on. Lingering on in a hopeless situation which U offers employees can no longer be argued as an intelligent decision. No matter where you end up, you will be better off.

Back