Nwa Mechanics Lose Layoff Dispute

Dow Jones Business News
CORRECT: Northwest Air To Close All U.S. City Ticket Offices
Thursday February 19, 5:49 pm ET

Northwest Airlines Corp. (NasdaqNM:NWAC - News)'s decision to close its remaining ticket offices nationwide will affect 76, not 75, employees.

Why is it everywhere you turn you see continued job losses only at certain Airlines? outsourcing continues!

Checking it Out said:
I want everyone to stop and think! The news has Jim adkinson quoting 3700 positions lost about 6 months ago! Now it has increased to 4800! That is about 200 a month!

January 17th Amfa was reporting 4500 hundred! Does that mean NWA/Amfa has increased the outsourcing of jobs and members to 300 a month?

It is hard to keep up! I feel sorry for the NW mechanics for drinking the amfa kool-aid dream!
Whereas with the TWU even though we continue to lose jobs through attrition I'll bet that the list of eligible voters continues to grow!

I got my TEAMtwu toilet paper sample today in the mail. Now twu is claiming AMFA has lost 20,000 jobs,the other day it was 10,000. If the twu can claim B.S. numbers like this then AMFA needs to start claiming the numbers of high paying A+P jobs that have been lost by twu concessionary contracts of the last 20 years!

Here's the real number:THE TWU HAS COST THE AIRCRAFT MECHANICS IN THE U.S. OVER 200,000+ HIGH PAYING A+P JOBS IN THE LAST 20 YEARS AND HAVE BROUGHT A ONCE PROUD PROFESSION TO IT'S KNEES!

They only answer what they feel like answering. Dont you see, they are International wantabes. They are practicing at being unaccountable! See how easily it comes to them?

I see how all the TWU punks, drunks and cowards are rejoicing over the arbitrator's decision. This is is typical. For they do not care that these jobs were lost but rather that it was an apparent defeat for AMFA. TWU useful idiots are only loyal to themselves and their corrupt masters

F@#&k THE TWU! :down: :down:

It's not that we don't care Tony..it's just that the Hobbit promised us there'd be a victory for amfa, remember your September meeting? Oh..I see..it's OK as long as Delle is the one with the bad forecasting ability...didn't see you post the decision in big bold red letters..what's the matter? Run out of ink boy?...HAHAHAHA

NyQuill said:
It's not that we don't care Tony..it's just that the Hobbit promised us there'd be a victory for amfa, remember your September meeting? Oh..I see..it's OK as long as Delle is the one with the bad forecasting ability...didn't see you post the decision in big bold red letters..what's the matter? Run out of ink boy?...HAHAHAHA
Would you rather have a union that fights and loses or one that just loses?

Look at the TWUs track record on the AA mechanics pay vs CPI. Twenty years of losses and not one fight.

Hey Bob, the TWU doesn't even fight. I take it back. They fight against their own members and hold our heads down after management bends us over!
Regardless of the outcome of the election (if we're allowed to have one) the company will do what it wants to do. If AMFA gets in, they can blame AMFA. If AMFA doesn't get in the TWU will find a way to blame AMFA.
So all these TWU punks who claim the TWU saved 10,000,000,000,000 jobs will be in for a big surprise. Will I rejoice? No, that would make me no diferrent than a drunken TWU punk coward

F@%K the TWU!! :down: :down:

The TWU fights for membership's rights to hold employment daily, and wins!

scamfa fights for whoever is left over after the bloodbathe...and loses! Gotta love your staying power though, even after the obvious lack of negotiating and arbitration power amfa has displayed you still back a loser, all the way down the unemployment line.

Hey, I can verify the loss of the wheels and brake shop that once was a busy operation at JFK and LGA. Hmmm, oh we lost that about 7 years or so at AA

TonyB said:
Hey Bob, the TWU doesn't even fight. I take it back. They fight against their own members and hold our heads down after management bends us over!
Regardless of the outcome of the election (if we're allowed to have one) the company will do what it wants to do. If AMFA gets in, they can blame AMFA. If AMFA doesn't get in the TWU will find a way to blame AMFA.
So all these TWU punks who claim the TWU saved 10,000,000,000,000 jobs will be in for a big surprise. Will I rejoice? No, that would make me no diferrent than a drunken TWU punk coward

F@%K the TWU!! :down: :down:
F@%K the TWU!!
TWU punks, drunks and cowards

Now Tony, wasn't it that kind of attitude that about got you kicked out of your last union meeting??? :shock:

You'd think you would learn!!

If AMFA doesn't get in the TWU will find a way to blame AMFA.
Yes, good answer Tony!! :up: