Lga-aua & Stt

Just to make it clear, the reason these flights are Saturday-only because the LGA perimeter rule is not in effect on Saturdays.

As for no LGA-SDQ, LGA (and DCA) can only receive international flights that have been precleared by customs in the international city. That means most major Canadian cities, SJU, STT, STX, NAS, FPO, AUA, BDA, and I think GCM and maybe one or two more that I missed.
 

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
2,740
362
i spoke to a supervisor in lga and he told me that united might let us use some gates at jfk so that u can do some carribean flts like sdq and places that are not precleared . do not know if this is true or not but you never know. i hope it is.
 

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
7,951
5,574
The Capital of the World
Visit site
ringmaruf said:
Just to make it clear, the reason these flights are Saturday-only because the LGA perimeter rule is not in effect on Saturdays.

As for no LGA-SDQ, LGA (and DCA) can only receive international flights that have been precleared by customs in the international city. That means most major Canadian cities, SJU, STT, STX, NAS, FPO, AUA, BDA, and I think GCM and maybe one or two more that I missed.
GCM does not preclear. Only the other cities you listed.

And your post should make it clear to F/A's why they are wrong every time you land at LGA and they announce: "Welcome to New York's LaGuardia International Airport."

Not an international airport at all. Never was. Busy does not equal international.
 

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
495
2
With the new service on Saturdays starting June 12th LGA will have 8 Carribean or island departures.

2 X NAS
1 X FPO
1 X BDA
2 X SJU
1 X STT
1 X AUA

Good improvement on utilization of assests. :)
 

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
7,951
5,574
The Capital of the World
Visit site
LGA777 said:
With the new service on Saturdays starting June 12th LGA will have 8 Carribean or island departures.

2 X NAS
1 X FPO
1 X BDA
2 X SJU
1 X STT
1 X AUA

Good improvement on utilization of assests. :)
Thanks for correctly stating the facts: "Caribbean or island."

USAirways has in the past a strong propensity to call all of those destinations "Caribbean," even though the Bahamas and Bermuda are no where near the Caribbean sea. They are, if anything, Atlantic Ocean islands. Bermuda is actually closer to Nova Scotia than it is to the Caribbean Sea, so with USAirways' geographical logic, BDA is a Canadian destination.
 

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
2,740
362
nycbusdriver said:
LGA777 said:
With the new service on Saturdays starting June 12th LGA will have 8 Carribean or island departures.

2 X NAS
1 X FPO
1 X BDA
2 X SJU
1 X STT
1 X AUA

Good improvement on utilization of assests. :)
Thanks for correctly stating the facts: "Caribbean or island."

USAirways has in the past a strong propensity to call all of those destinations "Caribbean," even though the Bahamas and Bermuda are no where near the Caribbean sea. They are, if anything, Atlantic Ocean islands. Bermuda is actually closer to Nova Scotia than it is to the Caribbean Sea, so with USAirways' geographical logic, BDA is a Canadian destination.
uh who cares <_< .