US Airways Operations at JFK

AL-PS-PI-AW

Advanced
Aug 24, 2005
What terminal does US use at JFK for our flights to LAS and PHX. I think it is terminal 1, but I may be wrong. I remember US being in the BA terminal years ago.
I think JFK would be a great chance for us to expand some flying to the Carribean, due to the fact that we are limited to Sat only flight from LGA.
I could see easily 2x daily to SJU,2x daily to SDQ,1x to STT,AUA,BGI and maybe a MBJ. Dont have to worry about feeding the flights. The NY/NJ/CT area can fill those airplanes.

how many carriers operate JFK to SJU and SDQ? Not to say there may not be some room for competition, but with JetBlue expanding international routes out of JFK and doing so with "lower" fares, our assets may be better utilized out of ATO's that we have more significant operations.

Just my opinion.....

do they still do the transcons from jfk bos & iad? competitive market but with the addition of the old us market shate they should do this. us needs to establish itself as a serious transcon airline with the new route structure

JFK would be the perfect place for Int'l expansion due to the very fact that you don't need to hub the NYC area. It's local population is great enough to support that type of traffic. BA has 7 or 8 flts per day to LHR they obvliously don't have any feed into JFK.

Just on a quick glance at JFK-SJU service....

AA operates 7 flights a day, B6 operates 6 and DL operates 2. Total of 15 flights a day. Do you feel that US should jump into this market and compete? Would it be profitable?

Just on a quick glance at JFK-SJU service....

AA operates 7 flights a day, B6 operates 6 and DL operates 2. Total of 15 flights a day. Do you feel that US should jump into this market and compete? Would it be profitable?
LOL! Of course! I think all of us know that the Tri-State(NY,NJ,CT)area has probably the largest population of people of PR decent outside of PR itself.
These flights would do great im sure.

Mmmmm, yeah......you are not going to see the profits on this flight that we do from other cities that we serve SJU from. B6 runs with 75.00 fares to SJU. Lowest published fare from PHL is 129.00.

Newark would do much better then JFK.
Most Manhattan residents prefer EWR over JFK. Newark could support SJU, PUJ ( weekend service ) and SDQ without a doubt. And speaking of Saturday service from LGA, how much longer can USAirways continue LGA-AUA? Talk about POOR Load Factors.

JFK would be the perfect place for Int'l expansion due to the very fact that you don't need to hub the NYC area. It's local population is great enough to support that type of traffic. BA has 7 or 8 flts per day to LHR they obvliously don't have any feed into JFK.
No but they have feed at into LHR.

Maybe a flight or two from CLT/DCA/PHL into JFK for INTL Star feed, but I wouldnt think we'd want to take on B6 or AA there. Both are getting bigger terminals and have lots of traffic. I would think the conx international Star stuff might be a better way to look at making some $ there before local traffic. Actually thinking about it, just how much Star traffic is at JFK vs putting the assets somewhere with more Star traffic?

add service to wherever, publish the fare at $5 less than any competitor, and, i promise, the flight is full!

add service to wherever, publish the fare at $5 less than any competitor, and, i promise, the flight is full!

Right, until the next carrier undercuts your fare or matches your fare. US is not going to go head-to-head with AA. AA offers more service (in the way of amenities) and they have more frequency--there would be no competition. As far as JB, they have satellite TV's and people in NY love them. It would be dumber than dumb for them to go in there for the Carib. Stay in PHL and CLT...they are doing quite well--they just need some more planes and widebodies to beef up the service.

It would be dumb to beef up transcons out of JFK as well. The fares are low and with UA's P.S. service, US would be dead in the water.

US/HP operates from Terminal 7 at JFK, which also houses UA and BA. It was built in 1970 and is in dire need of refurbishment.

Other than feeders from CLT/DCA/PHL, I don't see the need for SJU-that market is oversaturated from JFK.

Just my 2 cents though.

Now if one would want to get creative, how about SJU or other Caribbean service from ISP??? For other islands you'd have to clear customs there as ISP has no customs, but perhaps that would give Greyhound Air some needed competition....