Lga Today--the Pilot Takes A Stand

700UW said:
...I am pro-union and pro-worker...
[post="256739"][/post]​
Pro-union you are. Pro-worker, however, you clearly are not. If you showed even half the pro-worker stance of PITbull, you'd have an awful lot more credibility around here in making such a claim. As it is, your "pro-worker" credibility here ranks right around the level of USA320Pilot's. <_<

If I was not pro-worker, I would not have sacrificed so much time to make things better.

See you do not know me nor what I do to try and help my co-workers.

Ask Pitbull, she can tell you.

mweiss said:
Pro-union you are. Pro-worker, however, you clearly are not.
[post="256743"][/post]​

With 700 you sometimes have to read between lines like when I read Pro-worker I really read it as Pro-700. 700 and worker may not seem to have anything in common but if you get creative it will come to you. :up: Just kidding there 700

DCAflyer said:
Absolutely false. Insurance coverage exists for any employee injuries, while on duty or while on company property. And any denial would not be US Airway's doing, the insurance company is responsible, not the company.

Again, your typical rumor mongering.
[post="256377"][/post]​
There must be some truth to it because pilots at my previous airline were asked not to help with loading or unloading bags due to insurance liability requirements. The company expressed gratitude for wanting to help, but made it quite clear there were insurance liabilites to consider.

Nice to see it is legal and ethical in Mr. London's world to kill someone by hitting them over the head with a brick because they performed someone else's job. Mr. London's opinion is well noted, but is just that an opinion, not fact.

Want to see another view? Read Betrayal by Linda Chavez.

And oh, the definition of a scab is (courtesy of Miriam-Webster):

b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

So go ahead, call all of us who are not union members scabs. BTW, I make more now than I did before the IAM was courteous enough to shanghai me into the union.

Go ask your co-workers why they signed enough cards to call for an election if you think you were shanhaid.

We have been over this before, the NMB ruled it an accretion, not the IAM.

Just a question.

Why do you refuse to deeply engage an issue and throw your ideals into the battleground of ideas and come up with something though provoking (ala my comments regarding firms in labor intensive industries being unable to compete long term), and just throw out the party (or in this IAM) line? Is it that you have nothing deeper than quoting Jack London to add to the discussion?

700UW said:
If I was not pro-worker, I would not have sacrificed so much time to make things better.
[post="256746"][/post]​
People in your position sacrifice time for plenty of other reasons. :huh:

700UW said:
Do you feel superior by calling someone on a message board names?

There was no mainline superiority in my post, it was an explanation, no they are not unionized and no they are not US Airways employees.
[post="256701"][/post]​

Apparently you do however (enjoy calling someone names on a message board) on the first page of this thread calling the pilot who hopped out to throw bags a "scab". Take a long look in the mirror before you judge someone else and go ask one of your union reps the real meaning of that term.

Labor referes to work, and the rampers were not working. They were organized though, not to do a job.

mweiss said:
People in your position sacrifice time for plenty of other reasons. :huh:
[post="256840"][/post]​
What position?

I am a full-time US Airways employee.