Lga Today--the Pilot Takes A Stand

Art,
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced and I am happy that somebody took charge.
Please don't judge the 98% of US Airways employees who are trying their best based on the very very few who post here.
Most of these folks are either furloughed, fired, or too cowardly to get another job and are actually hoping that their employer will go under!
The rest of us are working 110% to make things better and we sincerely appreciate the patronage of you and the other FF's that have kept us afloat.

Art at ISP said:
I am beginning to feel sorry I brought the whole thing up--the thread itself says volumes about how dire the situation really is.......
[post="256660"][/post]​

Why? Everyone should become aware of how dire it is and start preparing if they haven't already.

PineyBob said:
[post="256669"][/post]​
If no one met the flight I want to know what the pilot was doing unloading bags instead of running accross ramp with the vitals.

But its still I I I with Piney

I don't care about fault
I'm tired of reasons
I want results
I don't give a danm
I love tweaking

Frankly Piney is it EVER not about you??

Do ever look at your posts and see how they always turn into posts about you?

David Neeleman and Dave Barger match what other JetBlue workers contribute to the Crewmember Crisis Fund - up to the entire amount of their salary. I.E., they give it all back to their company's fund, so they make nothing each year.

Maybe Bruce could donate his salary to the US family in ORD who are having those medical problems... I think that might help to improve labor relations. That is thinking outside the box though.

The pilots at least in my case dont know where the organs go. You dont want to go off running around the airport looking for, who knows who. Usually in the few that I have dealt with, the organs (eyes) in this example were given to the gate agent. I am not aware of what happens to them at that point. somebody else will have to fill in the blanks.

fr8tmastr said:
The pilots at least in my case dont know where the organs go. You dont want to go off running around the airport looking for, who knows who. Usually in the few that I have dealt with, the organs (eyes) in this example were given to the gate agent. I am not aware of what happens to them at that point. somebody else will have to fill in the blanks.
[post="256678"][/post]​
It was a joke sorry

700UW said:
They were Express people, they are NON-UNION, they are not my union brothers and sisters. They are employees at will and they are not US Airways employees.

Try again.
[post="256593"][/post]​

Try again, yourself, tool

not that I'm trying to defend those clowns
(i've gotten out of the cockpit and thrown more than my fair share of bags before on the all to frequent occurances art mentioned in lga)
but that 'mainline' sense of superiority is sickening, they are piedmont employees, piedmont is a wholly owned subisdiary of USAirways group, guess who else is a subsidiary of USAirways group?? USAirways airlines, we're all in the same boat buddy
and we're all employees of "USAirways"

yes, lga ground services suck, so do phl's, but theres plenty of 'mainline' stations that i've frequented that suck just as bad, if not for different reasons.

Do you feel superior by calling someone on a message board names?

There was no mainline superiority in my post, it was an explanation, no they are not unionized and no they are not US Airways employees.

Comprehension problem?

Hey 700, since you called the pilot in this case a scab (and obviuosly misapplied a term), why don't you go ahead and call the rampers scabs too since they are non union? Aren't they doing something that should be a entitlement to someone who bows down to the IAM?

They are not scabs as they are not doing someone else's work.

Now put the gasoline away and blow out the match.

Guess your signature is true.

Yep, my attitude for sticking up for labor has caused US to file bankruptcy twice.

Give me a break and for someone who professes to have intelligence your last post lacks it.

700UW said:
Yep, my attitude for sticking up for labor has caused US to file bankruptcy twice.

Give me a break and for someone who professes to have intelligence your last post lacks it.
[post="256721"][/post]​

700:

Maybe it isn't YOUR attitude per se that has caused US to file BK 2 times;
however, with the attitudes that exist among the union represented
workforce at US, Chapter 7 may be coming soon. Customers
will NOT put up with poor service, the perception of laziness that is being
portrayed by many (not all mind you) of the union members who are on the
property, and repeated excuses from labor leaders. EVERY employee,
whether they are union represented or not needs to step up and
contribute, and maybe even rise above and beyond what is expected
in the contracts, because if they do not, the company will be gone.
Either accept the new contracts and do the job, or quit and let
someone else come in and do the job. Stop trying to make excuses
for your peers and start pulling your weight.

I am absolutely and utterly sick and tired of the negative union
mentality that exists on these forums. Either put up, or shut your
mutherfreakin mouth.

Cool, there is actually a race going on as to who will cause US' demise. My bet is on the people who call US home. This includes management also 700UW. Don't jump to conclusions. I get to watch your troubles close enough to know the basics, but far enough away from the fire not to get burned. Oil is now a close second. Good luck.

Art at ISP said:
BoeingBoy said:
Art,

3 - Which, if any, union did those employees belong to?

I do not know, and the point is not relevent here. beginning to feel sorry I brought the whole thing up--the thread itself says volumes about how dire the situation really is.......
[post="256660"][/post]​

Art,

I should have been more clear. My questions had nothing to do with the situation itself. You provided the enough clues that I was pretty sure of the answers.

The questions were all about what the thread immediately turned into. The assumption by some that any time you put "bag" and "not there" in the same sentence, it must be the IAM's fault, which get's the usual defenders going.

Jim

SpinDoc said:
700:
I am absolutely and utterly sick and tired of the negative union
mentality that exists on these forums. Either put up, or shut your
mutherfreakin mouth.
[post="256724"][/post]​
When it becomes www.spindocaviation.com, then you can tell me what I can post or not post.

Everyone adds a differant viewpoint to the board, if you don't like it that I am pro-union and pro-worker, then I suggest you use the ignore feature.

The employees of this company have given billions of dollars and thousands of jobs to attempt to the save the company, while management gets rewarded for failure and they still do not have a plan on turning the company around.

Excuse the workers for not being happy about what they had to give up.