"Lies from the pit of hell"

First, does it really matter how old something is? Second, science is not absolute and many times wrong. A lot of science is an educated guess.

Yes it does. know the age helps determine the evolution process. Knowing the age of something allows one to determine where it falls in the time line. Knowing the age of the earth, of the fossils tells us that man did not walk with T-rex. That man and primates have a common ancestor. Science has been right far more than it has been wrong. To say that science is an educated guess says more about your understanding of science than of science it self.

Reactions: 1 person
Science can be played like numbers. That's why you have people that believe that man is responsible for global warming :rolleyes:

Atheism is a belief. The belief that there is no God. A belief with followers is a RELIGION...ha-ha :p

The science points toward the fact that man has contributed to it. To argue that 6 billion people with massive cities, massive pollution, and abuse of resources to mention just a few things, has not had an affect on the planet strikes me as quite foolish. The only argument as far as I have read, is how much of an affect we have had.

OH horse crap. That's like saying that thinking water is wet is a belief and all people who believe that water is wet belong to a water religion. Lack of a belief is not a belief. Not believing in god is not a belief any more than bald is a hair color. You could say it's an organization but that is even a stretch because there is no head unless you count individual groups.

Read up on the fossil records of various species including man. Read up on the evolution of the animals on the Galapagos, read up on how bacteria evolve to become resistant. The amount of proof for evolution is staggering. Pick up a book about geology. You can find all the info you want if you take the effort to look and open your mind or you can continue to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, created in 6 days all based on the the words of a single document with absolutely no way of verifying it. Your choice.

You're missing the point. The Christians are the targetted audience at that freakin' holiday they call Christmas. Gullible? No doubt.

The so called American Christians get upset because an atheist tells them to separate church and state. And here, I thought Jesus is responsible when he declared to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's...

I find it laughable that these morons in general declare that they are doing it for Christianity or Christian values, just to get the rest of you to sling mud at Christianity in general!

In the case of the USA, don't believe anybody unless he is Jesus himself, and Jesus hates politics!!!

VERY rare that I'll agree with you(you're surely entitled to your opinion) but in this/your point, you sir are DEAD ON accurate!

Read up on the fossil records of various species including man. Read up on the evolution of the animals on the Galapagos, read up on how bacteria evolve to become resistant. The amount of proof for evolution is staggering. Pick up a book about geology. You can find all the info you want if you take the effort to look and open your mind or you can continue to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, created in 6 days all based on the the words of a single document with absolutely no way of verifying it. Your choice.

Darwin:

[background=#000000]"Not one change of species into another is on record... we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."[/background]

How does one get around Darwin himself stating you can not prove the origin of the species?

Not arguing for or against creationism, just the fact that evolution doesn't have all the answers either.

Because we now have fossil and DNA evidence that proves other wise. Darwin did not have these tools at his disposal.

Yes it does. know the age helps determine the evolution process. Knowing the age of something allows one to determine where it falls in the time line. Knowing the age of the earth, of the fossils tells us that man did not walk with T-rex. That man and primates have a common ancestor. Science has been right far more than it has been wrong. To say that science is an educated guess says more about your understanding of science than of science it self.
It helps if you believe in evolution and you're are trying to prove it. Otherwise who cares. I can say it is an educated guess because I do understand the scientific process. I have been told that by several people working in the field of science. Scientific process requires for proof being able to replicate what you believe has happened. I really don't know why you evolutionists try so hard to prove there is no God involved in our being here.

It helps if you believe in evolution and you're are trying to prove it. Otherwise who cares. I can say it is an educated guess because I do understand the scientific process. I have been told that by several people working in the field of science. Scientific process requires for proof being able to replicate what you believe has happened. I really don't know why you evolutionists try so hard to prove there is no God involved in our being here.

evolution or natural selection? your choice

Evolution or natural selection

Evolution/natural selection has been proven time and time again. The fossil records are replete with examples. And again your lack of even a fundamental understanding of the science is evident. The age of the earth as well as the location of fossils in various stratum is one of the many factors that prove evolution. You can choose to ignore the facts but that ignorance does not make evolution any less real than the theory on gravity or any number of other theories in the scientific world.

Aside from this, science is not trying to disprove the existence of god any more than they are trying to disprove the existence of a widget. If you had even a basic understanding of science you would understand that science only seeks to explain what happens, how, why .. etc. Science has no concern with the existence or lack there of regarding any supernatural being because there is no scientific method available to test the idea.

Amazing how people can ignore reality. Did we go to the moon on a 'best guess'? Pick up a science book some time. You's be amazed at what you do not know.

And yes they are being red correctly. We do know.

Amazing how people can ignore reality. Did we go to the moon on a 'best guess'? Pick up a science book some time. You's be amazed at what you do not know.

The study of the fossil record on many things is currently a best guess. One such best guess is the study of the dinosaurs, for decades they were thought to be just as you saw in Jurassic park, pure reptile in nature. As of late it has been discovered that many dinosaurs had elaborate feathers and an almost bird like appearance. Nothing is certian about the fossil record, it is a work in progress.

Yes new fossils are being unearthed. Yes some of them are different than the ones already known. National Geographic had a article regarding evolution of feathers (it is believed they evolved from scales). It would make sense that some dinosaurs have a bird like appearance since birds did evolved from certain dinosaurs.

Science is always a work in progress. That is the very nature of science.

You can call me ignorant all you want but it doesnt make you correct. I know way more than you think about science. I just dont have all day to stay on the internet to make you believe me.

Anyway, go ahead and believe what you believe. I am at peace with what I believe.