genejockey

Advanced
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Load Factors:

April 2002 = 74.3% April 2003 = 74.1%

May 2002 = 73.6% May 2003 = 73.5%

June 2002 = 77.3% June 2003 = 78.4%

I am truly amazed of the negative impact that the war in Iraq had on passenger demand....absolutely devastating.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 10:42:11 AM ITRADE wrote:

Was the 5% tied to load factors?

It''s tied to the purchase of airplanes for 18 months.....

I guess that the "War effect" must have caused the load factor to rise......maybe we can take another wage cut now.

Cant'' fill the planes? 78.4% load factor is one of the highest LF''s I have seen. It may even be in the top 5.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 9:31:13 AM genejockey wrote:

Load Factors:

April 2002 = 74.3% April 2003 = 74.1%

May 2002 = 73.6% May 2003 = 73.5%

June 2002 = 77.3% June 2003 = 78.4%

I am truly amazed of the negative impact that the war in Iraq had on passenger demand....absolutely devastating.

Its pretty pathetic that U has dramatically reduced the # of aircraft but still can''t fill the planes. Bye bye U!

----------------​

----------------
On 7/1/2003 11:21:01 AM MarkMyWords wrote:

Cant'' fill the planes?  78.4% load factor is one of the highest LF''s I have seen.  It may even be in the top 5.

----------------​
Mark,

I believe you just supported my case. If my memory serves me correctly, weren''t you attempting to argue a case for a negative "war effect" about a month ago. The effects of the war in Iraq on air travel are predominantly positive or at the very least neutral.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 11:39:56 AM MarkMyWords wrote:

High load factor doesn''t mean profitablity.  It is all about revenue.  Anyone can give the house away to spur traffic.  What if we did like Spirit did last Sept 11th and gave away all the seats for free.  We would have a 100% load factor but no revenue.

Maybe....just maybe you''d have also won over some loyal ''new'' customers with a clever advertising ploy.

High load factor doesn''t mean profitablity. It is all about revenue. Anyone can give the house away to spur traffic. What if we did like Spirit did last Sept 11th and gave away all the seats for free. We would have a 100% load factor but no revenue.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 1:37:56 PM PITbull wrote:

----------------

----------------​

ITRADE,

NO. It was tied to war effect on the Industry....now what the hell's your argument?

----------------​

That statement was about as concrete as the ground under Kansai.

Seems to me it was about a profit issue. Perhaps in your great wisdom, you could cite the exact language - or simply whistle Dixie as usual.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 11:39:56 AM MarkMyWords wrote:

High load factor doesn't mean profitablity.  It is all about revenue.  Anyone can give the house away to spur traffic.  What if we did like Spirit did last Sept 11th and gave away all the seats for free.  We would have a 100% load factor but no revenue.

----------------​

Taking of the 5% was not tied to PROFITABILITY; returning it is.

The major point here, IS THERE IS NO WAR EFFECT. PERIOD. There won't be a profit. We are in MAJOR small jet buying.

it is about profitablitity. read the contract language. how do you prove/disprove what is a war effect and what isn''t? face it....they have you by the short hairs until a profit is reported.

----------------

----------------​

ITRADE,

NO. It was tied to war effect on the Industry....now what the hell's your argument?

MANAGEMENT GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7.gif

----------------
On 7/1/2003 2:56:45 PM wings396 wrote:

The load factor speaks for itself....just our point that there is no war effect any longer. Fuel has gone down to pre war levels, while traffic is at a higher level,IE the load factor. As for a profit, this outfit will most likley never show one. So I know that we are beat for the artificial war effewct 5/% until 18 months passes. As for your remarks ITRADE, all of the employees know that the 5% is no longer required, and should be given back as a good gesture for a change. We all know what the contract says, and we know what it said before the company cried for us to open it up for concessions. UA had the option to take it, and never did. We are the only airline that has been beat to death on wages plus 5%...That is our point. For someone who does not even work for this company ( As you have stated) you must have on dull life to spend a this much time on another companies board...get a life instead of medling in our careers. Tell us all where you work so that we can put our 2 cents in on their boards.

----------------​

Why should I do that? You're the one wearing your heart on your sleeve. You're the one moaning and groaning about your job on a daily basis. If I had this much pent up angst and rage, I'd do the smart thing - quit and find a better job.

argue.gif

The load factor speaks for itself....just our point that there is no war effect any longer. Fuel has gone down to pre war levels, while traffic is at a higher level,IE the load factor. As for a profit, this outfit will most likley never show one. So I know that we are beat for the artificial war effewct 5/% until 18 months passes. As for your remarks ITRADE, all of the employees know that the 5% is no longer required, and should be given back as a good gesture for a change. We all know what the contract says, and we know what it said before the company cried for us to open it up for concessions. UA had the option to take it, and never did. We are the only airline that has been beat to death on wages plus 5%...That is our point. For someone who does not even work for this company ( As you have stated) you must have on dull life to spend a this much time on another companies board...get a life instead of medling in our careers. Tell us all where you work so that we can put our 2 cents in on their boards.