Locals Stripped of Representation

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
I heard last night at work that most of the Locals are no longer represented at Negotiations. Is this true?

I heard they pulled the last offer off the table because Continental offered their guys more but then they decided to get all "the problems" out of the process.

This is what I heard.

Here's the list of the new team.

Local 514 Steve Luis
Local 567 Larry Pike
Local 514 Dale Lantz
Local 530 Ron Harp
Local 561 Todd Woodward
Local 563 Steve Gilboy
Local 565 Bob Zimmerman

These will be the guys negotiating the contract, the rest will have zero input other than voting to take it back for ratification and all of them with the exception of Larry Pike were in favor of the concessionary offer that was presented last June.

Six locals are respresented at the table with the company, none of them from "high cost' areas. We're screwed!

The TWU is for you.
They can do that brother.
We'll get 'em next time.

SOS, over and over and over.

When are we going to rid ourselves of this POS union?

Aren't you all tired of this crap yet?

So local 562 is not being representated. WHY??? Maybe because Bob Owens is one of the smarter ones? You bet he is. This is so obvious what the TWU is doing. Wake up people time for a revolution.
562 is one of the larger locals and not involved with negotiations.
So much for Democracy.

So ORD, DFW, TUL, MIA and AFW will represent the entire system.

No say from NY, LA and other smaller locals.
What do the local prez. from TULSA or AFW or DFW or MIA know about the high cost of living in NY and LA?
They know how to screw them over.

Time to get rid of Don V. This is a travesty in unionism negotiations 101.

So ORD, DFW, TUL, MIA and AFW will represent the entire system.

No say from NY, LA and other smaller locals.
What do the local prez. from TULSA or AFW or DFW or MIA know about the high cost of living in NY and LA?
They know how to screw them over.

Time to get rid of Don V. This is a travesty in unionism negotiations 101.

Hate so say it...But it does not matter....whatever the TWU wants, as long as TUL is on board, that's the way it goes.

All of you are missing the boat.

Putting the sheep in negotiations with the company will result in a very distasteful TA to vote on which, after it's voted down by the membership, will be accepted by Little Jimmy in our best interests. The SOB already has a court opinion that "he can do that, brother" resulting from the calls to re-vote the 2003 contract after the deception by Carty and the Board of Directors came out in the open, thanks to the group of screw-ups that couldn't vote right in the FA's union, taking a day longer than planned. Chuck Shalk supposedly has a copy of the court's opinion re: this, but even though I asked him for a copy I've never seen it.

Let them go ahead and play whatever games they wish. Just remember, the NMB has proposed new rules for removing a union (working off the actual number of votes received rather than the number of eligible voters) and the ATA AGREES with the idea. It effectively nullifies the "no" status assigned to non-votes and uses a simple majority of those votes cast to determine the outcome.

Let's write a few letters to the NMB asking for the process to work the other way, also - it seems to be roughly equivalent to the Employee Free Choice Act O'Bummer and minions promised the unions they'd get passed to gain support.

Hate so say it...But it does not matter....whatever the TWU wants, as long as TUL is on board, that's the way it goes.

As far as sheer numbers are concerned Mr. Hopeful, you are correct.

However - I see and hear many in Tulsa who I never thought would say a thing bad about the company OR union getting extremely angry of late. Some are even saying, without any prodding, they really don't give a damn if the company continues or not. A situation as outlined in my other post may well push the roller-coaster over the top of the hill and Little won't be able to stop it regardless of his deals, promises, lies, and threats.

Nothing concrete, but something to be "Hopeful" about.

maybe it was the MEDIATOR who told both sides to pare down the their respective committees, when in mediation, the mediator will make those decisions if he senses that the present format is not working

maybe it was the MEDIATOR who told both sides to pare down the their respective committees, when in mediation, the mediator will make those decisions if he senses that the present format is not working

Local 561 MIA isn't the cheapest place to live
WI heard last night at work that most of the Locals are no longer represented at Negotiations. Is this true?

I heard they pulled the last offer off the table because Continental offered their guys more but then they decided to get all "the problems" out of the process.

This is what I heard.

Local 514 Steve Luis
Local 567 Larry Pike
Local 514 Dale Lantz
Local 530 Ron Harp
Local 561 Todd Woodward
Local 563 Steve Gilboy
Local 565 Bob Zimmerman

These will be the guys negotiating the contract, the rest will have zero input other than voting to take it back for ratification and all of them with the exception of Larry Pike were in favor of the concessionary offer that was presented last June.

Six locals are respresented at the table with the company, none of them from "high cost' areas. We're screwed!

-snip-
Local 530 Ron Harp
-snip-
OK kiddies, why in the (text excised) is someone from MCI still on the team? Come on, it's not like we're going to be around to actually see this abortion of an agreement come to fruition.......

More TWU AArrogance.......

Since when is there a secret ballot in the negotiating committee? Well at least we know we are in good hands now!

Latest posts