Mediation for Mechanics

My post was simply referring to the Title 1 seniority list and the number of people on it.

Title 2 plant maintenance mechanics and related are covered under the same agreement as title 1. Any request for mediation by fleet service would not cover title 2 as work rules in title 2 are the same as title 1. Half pay on sick days etc. They are included in the mechanic head count no. of 12,000.

Title 2 plant maintenance mechanics and related are covered under the same agreement as title 1. Any request for mediation by fleet service would not cover title 2 as work rules in title 2 are the same as title 1. Half pay on sick days etc. They are included in the mechanic head count no. of 12,000.

If you go to Jetnet and pull up TITLE I you will see the total of 9738....
TITLE I.. never mind mechanic and related......Simply a seniority list total. 9738
I wasn't talking about noegotiations, just a seniority list.

Again, my post was about a seniority list....TITLE I

As others have said, this was not unexpected. I'm disappointed that not a single group could come to a contract without involving the feds, but I guess that's what you get when both parties stick to their positions. Mediation may or may not help that. One thing I am sure of is that both sides need a reality check on certain issues.

As others have said, this was not unexpected. I'm disappointed that not a single group could come to a contract without involving the feds, but I guess that's what you get when both parties stick to their positions. Mediation may or may not help that. One thing I am sure of is that both sides need a reality check on certain issues.

I do not think it is unrealsitic at all to ask for a restoration of what was taken from us in 2003 where we were already 5-8 years behind the industry. The company needs the reality check because they still want more.

Heck, the executives got restored to what they gave back with just one year's PUP.

I do not think it is unrealsitic at all to ask for a restoration of what was taken from us in 2003 where we were already 5-8 years behind the industry. The company needs the reality check because they still want more.

Hopeful, I'm going to assume that you're somewhat of an optimist, given your username. I can hardly imagine what it would have been like to make significant concessions years ago with understanding that I was doing it to save the company. Then, pushing six years later I'm in mediation to get that back and more. However, the reality is that there is no way that AMR will be able to capitulate to all three groups demands at this time. It stinks, I know. There has got to be a way to move forward in a fashion that can facilitate working together and getting this airline healthy again.

Hopeful, I'm going to assume that you're somewhat of an optimist, given your username. I can hardly imagine what it would have been like to make significant concessions years ago with understanding that I was doing it to save the company. Then, pushing six years later I'm in mediation to get that back and more. However, the reality is that there is no way that AMR will be able to capitulate to all three groups demands at this time. It stinks, I know. There has got to be a way to move forward in a fashion that can facilitate working together and getting this airline healthy again.

There is a way, and it will happen sooner or later...Eventually ALL future employees will no longer have a pension, lower vacation accumulation and lower pay scales. Restore the current employees what was taken 6 YEARS AGO.....6 YEARS LATER THE COMPANY STILL COMES OUT AHEAD... Restore to current employees and begin the process of correcting the morale problem which seems now to be irreparable. Restore like they continue to do with the executives year after year and I really care where their PUP money comes from.

Restore Restore Restore..

This person appears to be a non-employee (and certainly not a worker) attempting the ploy of bearing fatherly advice - a very demeaning action towards Hopeful any way one cares to cut it.

Many of us have a built-in aversion to "working together" with those who have made it a point lie to us on every available occasion for no reasons other than it can be done, there are no consequences, and it provides entertainment for the trash in the Ivory Towers.

A "business partner" than can only be trusted to lie at every opportunity is a major liability - not a good thing to tolerate in today's economic climate.

Goose- depends what you think they're lying about. I'll take them at face value that AMR lost $2 billion last year. And there's plenty of evidence (from AA and others) that demand has crashed like a share of bank stock. So if the question becomes "Can AA afford to restore all three group to 2003 wage levels?" I can't escape the conclusion that the answer is no.

Goose- depends what you think they're lying about. I'll take them at face value that AMR lost $2 billion last year. And there's plenty of evidence (from AA and others) that demand has crashed like a share of bank stock. So if the question becomes "Can AA afford to restore all three group to 2003 wage levels?" I can't escape the conclusion that the answer is no.

You obviously don't work at AA. It would be difficult to explain to an outsider what goes on inside - there's simply not enough space here.

However - you can have your out; ie, if I can't enumerate the lies they don't exist - good management tactic.

Ok just for argument sake lets say were not in a postion to get all back, but there is no good reason why they would be asking for more connsessions look at both proposals they are full of more give backs. The workers have been working hand and hand with the company to improve productivity and save money we are doing this with alot less people. Its a slap in the face that they treat us this way after all we did and are still doing to improve this company. They treat there workforce with a complete lack of respect. they ought to look at how Herb Keller treated his employees, heck the pilots at Southwest took a full page ad in the paper thanking him for all his years of service when he retired.

The point is that despite the years and bonuses: this management teAAm still introduces further concessions.

Proof of Good Faith would minimally require a "glide path" towards restoration based upon metrics provable outside of either parties spin. The point that neither party is willing to engage in meaningfull negotiations embracing restoration based upon transparent third party measurement of the metrics should be indicative of the degree of collusion between the parties towards bringing to a vote something far less than is promised during the ratification process.

Nothing new...same old game.

The question should center on what aspect of the future "agreement in principle" will be spun by the TWU, without support by AMR, that will then become the CLE-BWI Arbitration case resulting in the loss of thousands more jobs from the M&R.

look at how Herb Keller treated his employees, heck the pilots at Southwest took a full page ad in the paper thanking him for all his years of service when he retired.

Go ask the employees at Southwest what they think of their current management.

Everyone loved Herb -- he was the guy there from the start thru all the growth. Gary Kelly is the second guy to follow Herb. Most people don't even remember Jim Parker. Note to skeptics -- the unions pretty much called for Parker's head...

Hate to break it to you, but the rapid growth at WN is over. So are the semi-annual stock-splits, and the days of being a paper millionaire on profit sharing stock.

Heck, they've even lost money two quarters in a row, and might find themselves in a position to have to furlough. Maybe they'll even have to look for concessions...

Go ask the employees at Southwest what they think of their current management.

Everyone loved Herb -- he was the guy there from the start thru all the growth. Gary Kelly is the second guy to follow Herb. Most people don't even remember Jim Parker. Note to skeptics -- the unions pretty much called for Parker's head...

Hate to break it to you, but the rapid growth at WN is over. So are the semi-annual stock-splits, and the days of being a paper millionaire on profit sharing stock.

Heck, they've even lost money two quarters in a row, and might find themselves in a position to have to furlough. Maybe they'll even have to look for concessions...

Well, the mechanics at LUV just ratified the agreement. $44 an hour, looks less concessionary than what we are making.