M&E reductions announced

So, If they close MCIE, the former TWA folks take it in the shorts again. Is that correct?

I don't think so. I believe they can bump to the stations which they can use only 25% of their seniority. They can try to bump everywhere else but they will have 2001 seniority.

100% station bumping will cause a ripple effect throughout the system.

The numbers are out...1,300 twu within M&E. An additional 200 in M&E management, or in other words, they just delete the 200 positions they added, but never hired. <_<

We are told to expect no layoffs at DFW per the local president.

They said that last time. There will be bumping.

AFW is history,the hangar anyway. Anything that AFW does can be done at Hangar 5(DWH). As soon as that new hangar in Tulsa is complete MCI will meet the chopping block as well. AA will probably offer those TWA guys some sort of package to get them to retire or relocate. It's simple mathematics. AA will have less airplanes than when AFW was opened back 1991. There is absolutely no reason to keep three maintenance bases open. As far as contract work is concerned, we cannot compete with foreign workers making 5 dollars a week.

Oh,and the Taesl people are fixing to have a BIG suprise. The spin off of Taesl is inevitable and the TWU employees there will no longer be AA, just like Sabre.

My Guess, is AA will get rid of AFW. By doing so, they avoid the fuel to fly there, and associated Fee's, as well as rent to Perot, and maybe AA will do more at DFW/Delta hanger. We all shall certainly find out, BUT one way or another- There will be waves of layoffs, and the bump/roll will eventually get to DFW. I also believe, AA will set down more S-80's and the incoming 737's won't replace all the S-80's going out the door- Time will tell, and that is "all" we have left- Seniority :disguise: :disguise: :disguise:

I agree to an extent...

AMR needs to continue to pile up cash: you make the most money by selling the base that will bring in the greatest return. That base is AFW.

AA recieved liability waivers from MO and the EPA for pre-existing conditions at MCIE, Iwould be surprised if those waivers are transferrable. What is known is there is free money available for expansion at MCIE based on employment levels obtainable by consolidating overhaul into a single station agreement.

While the 60+ 737-8 coming in the door will not replace the 300+ MD-80's on the property, the recent FAA decision to require fuel tank inerting on 121 certified aircraft built before 1991 may make a large part of the MD-80 fleet flyable going forward because of the cost "avoidance" due to their age and the recent $15/bbl rollback in the price of oil.

As far as individual station cutbacks: everyone will be most likely affected not so much by headcount reductions but by the bump and roll the reductions create.

AFW is history,the hangar anyway. Anything that AFW does can be done at Hangar 5(DWH). As soon as that new hangar in Tulsa is complete MCI will meet the chopping block as well. AA will probably offer those TWA guys some sort of package to get them to retire or relocate. It's simple mathematics. AA will have less airplanes than when AFW was opened back 1991. There is absolutely no reason to keep three maintenance bases open. As far as contract work is concerned, we cannot compete with foreign workers making 5 dollars a week.

Oh,and the Taesl people are fixing to have a BIG suprise. The spin off of Taesl is inevitable and the TWU employees there will no longer be AA, just like Sabre.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Princess,

I (now) BELIEVE that your analysis is THE most Logical of all the opinions put forth !!

(BUT)..MCI Transplant,...............the GREAT food in NY scenario...does NOT change.

Perhaps..AFW, since the INTESTINAL FORTITUDE level is noticeably HIGHER there, than the aftformentioned other 2 stations.
(and NO, I'm DEFINITLY NOT refering to...JFK :up: , or ORD)
<_< -------Ah, come on Bears! If you got something to say, say it!!! Do you really think "INTESTINAL FORTITUDE" has anything to do with it! Hard headed stupidity maybe! Let's see how we all far in this! Including AFW.-------- You know, I hate to say it, but it's easy being an arm chair observer. Personally dealing with it is a whole different matter!!!

HEY,.............MCI Transplant.

If MCIE does "get whacked"(AND I....H O P E .. it ..does..N O T .)..., Not to worry,..................You'll LOVE the great......................"..I---TALIAN" food/Pizza around the JFK(area) :up: :up: :up:
<_< ------Bears, if this place closes. I'm not going anywhere! I'm in a position where it really don't matter anymore! Retirement is looking better everyday! But I don't agree with all this! They may cut back here at MCI, but AA is getting this place so cheap, I feel they won't completely close it! But than time will tell, now won't it? :rolleyes: Things are in the works where they really won't have to! But we'll leave that for another time!

word at AFW today is 65amt,39 osm,24 parts washers, 26 aircraft cleaners.

If AA could extract 7 day coverage and three full shifts from the Tulsa TWU Worshippers, then both AFW and MCI could eliminated.

And you know what that means? :p

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Princess,

I (now) BELIEVE that your analysis is THE most Logical of all the opinions put forth !!

(BUT)..MCI Transplant,...............the GREAT food in NY scenario...does NOT change.
<_< ------- What they say? NY is a great place to visit! But to live???? I think I'll pass! Bears, I'll have to treat you to some of our Kansas city BBQ someday!!! Now that's liven!!! :up:

I agree to an extent...

AMR needs to continue to pile up cash: you make the most money by selling the base that will bring in the greatest return. That base is AFW.

As far as individual station cutbacks: everyone will be most likely affected not so much by headcount reductions but by the bump and roll the reductions create.

The only problem with selling AFW to raise cash is who is going to buy it? Whomever bought it would get a state of the art facility at fire sale prices, not good for AA's long term.
How desperately does AA need cash?If they were that desperate for short term cash they would be deferring the installation of winglets and other long term investments.

AA just made headlines by claiming they lost over $1billion the last quarter. Most of the loss was just legalized accounting gimmicks to make sure that corporations dont pay their fair share of taxes but it makes for good headlines and gives them more leverage in the arena of public opinion for going after more concessions from the workers. Writing off MCI, could help do the same for the next quarter. "We laid off 1300 workers, closed an OH base and lost another $1billion-we need more concessions" has more of an impact than "We laid off 1300 workers and sold off an OH base which helped us eek out a small profit for the quarter but we still need more concessions from our workers."

The only problem with selling AFW to raise cash is who is going to buy it? Whomever bought it would get a state of the art facility at fire sale prices, not good for AA's long term.
How desperately does AA need cash?If they were that desperate for short term cash they would be deferring the installation of winglets and other long term investments.

AA just made headlines by claiming they lost over $1billion the last quarter. Most of the loss was just legalized accounting gimmicks to make sure that corporations dont pay their fair share of taxes but it makes for good headlines and gives them more leverage in the arena of public opinion for going after more concessions from the workers. Writing off MCI, could help do the same for the next quarter. "We laid off 1300 workers, closed an OH base and lost another $1billion-we need more concessions" has more of an impact than "We laid off 1300 workers and sold off an OH base which helped us eek out a small profit for the quarter but we still need more concessions from our workers."

Doesn't AA lease the facility from Ross Perot for $43 million a year? That is the word on the street. Everyone here in Tulsa is now system protected so we are not too worried about people bumping in but hopefully if there are any layoffs here they will be minimal. We got hit hard last time with over 750! I have been on RIF for over 5 years and now am in a OSM shop. The new hangar here will be done in the spring so hopefully anyone that gets displaced won't be for long as work is increasing daily here with 3rd party work. Good luck to all. This is going to be a hard time for all whether they close AFW or MCIE or not.