M&E reductions announced

Per the contract, OSM's can only bump to Tulsa, unless the twu sells us out by allowing them on the line or MCI. Also the non-licensed or only one licensed AMT can only bump Tulsa or MCI, unless of course the language is changed. <_<

Expect to see the language changed soon. :down:

So let's say AFW closes can a system protected employee in AFW bump a system protected employee in TULE? I don't think they can per the contract unless you can show language otherwise.

I would think they would just move the AFW shops to Tulsa since the work has to be done anyway and let the AFW folks move with the work if they want???

Per the contract, OSM's can only bump to Tulsa, unless the twu sells us out by allowing them on the line or MCI. Also the non-licensed or only one licensed AMT can only bump Tulsa or MCI, unless of course the language is changed. <_<

Expect to see the language changed soon. :down:
<_< -----We don't have OSM's here at MCI!!!! :shock: And one licenced mechanics, only if they have at least 20 years!

Hey thanks for the link. Thats what I needed. I`ve heard "afw is closing" since I bumped here from tul in 1994. My personal opinion is we are going nowhere. The argument can be made that our proximity to dfw and the age of our facility are great assets. Our most glaring weakness is leadership.

MCI is a 100% station.. Bumping is possible if your seniority is greater than the lowest seniority MCI mechanic and that he or she is actually most junior in the system.
this is the scenerio in which the kasher decision would prove a mistake

Hey thanks for the link. Thats what I needed. I`ve heard "afw is closing" since I bumped here from tul in 1994. My personal opinion is we are going nowhere. The argument can be made that our proximity to dfw and the age of our facility are great assets. Our most glaring weakness is leadership.
<_< -------- Not really! That $43 million AA is paying Uncle Ross @ year, is by far the most glaring weakness! But time will tell for all of us!

<_< ------OH! You have the check in front of you! Would you please read me the amount!!!
No sir I do not. I see this 43 million thrown around and I`m just looking for where that number came from. Anyone have a reference? Would it be in the sec 10k?

So let's say AFW closes can a system protected employee in AFW bump a system protected employee in TULE? I don't think they can per the contract unless you can show language otherwise.

I would think they would just move the AFW shops to Tulsa since the work has to be done anyway and let the AFW folks move with the work if they want???
If they moved the work, that would create openings to bump to. But what I'm saying is that as of today, only 2 stations exist where the job classification of OSM exists per the contract. So in order to do this move to DFWH that others have talked about, it would require a change of the contract in order to allow for OSM's, etc. at DFWH.

A system protected employee can always be bumped by seniority, that's what the $12,500 is for. He or she is protected to the system, not station. Of course in the case of an OSM, you revert back to my thought above that only 2 stations exist with that classification, so their system is AFW and TULE. Now a station protected employee is a different story, but only a few of those still exist.

<_< -----We don't have OSM's here at MCI!!!! :shock: And one licenced mechanics, only if they have at least 20 years!
They could always move osm work to tul or mci from afw and tell them to follow work we all know they wont get everyone to take that deal

They could always move osm work to tul or mci from afw and tell them to follow work we all know they wont get everyone to take that deal
<_< ----- No! You don't get it! Under our presant local agreement, there are no, nor will be, any OSM's here at MCI! Even our shop people are AMT's, and paid as such! This OSM thing is 100% AA. TWA never had OSM's.

Back