M&E reductions announced

<_< ----- Keep one thing in mind, if we continue down this road, this wouldn't be the only round of lay-offs! Just the first!!! :huh:

<_< ------- What they say? NY is a great place to visit! But to live???? I think I'll pass! Bears, I'll have to treat you to some of our Kansas city BBQ someday!!! Now that's liven!!! :up:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MCI,

I DON'T WANT to see MCIE closed, and do you know why,
First because I don't want to see you (MCI) guys get "bounced around" ANY MORE , AND I MEAN THAT.....You guys are a HARD working Bunch !!

Your RIGHT about the "arm-chair" QB thing !

And I KNEW that you'd NEVER go to NY, because of your AGE :shock: (sorry, it is what it IS)(meaning that you'd take a "EO" pagage, or whatever.

YES, thanks to KCFlyer, I've experienced KCF bar-b-que..................WONDERFUL.

But to the Logical part, which most times can be the HARDEST.

As Goose said earlier(or maybe it was Princess), with LESS a/c, and soon to be LESS Types of A/C, If AA can get away with TUL only(plus add more work to places like JFK/LAX/ORD/MIA/DFW for the 76's + 77's, that I'm guessing would be the cheapest way to go.

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, will save AA's "bacon"...MORE than having a TON of
"MOO-LAH"($$) at their disposal(very close to $6 Billion, and steadily climbing)

In the End, what ever will happen.........will happen !!!!!!!

What a shame for any who lose their jobs. I know this industry is cyclical, but this is by far the worst cycle I've seen. I'd say it's a worse down point than right after 9/11.

AA has done something right, though; it kept maintenance in the US with you guys instead of shipping it overseas, and that decision saved a lot of jobs up front. I hope that VBRs can save a bunch more now.

AFW is history,the hangar anyway. Anything that AFW does can be done at Hangar 5(DWH). As soon as that new hangar in Tulsa is complete MCI will meet the chopping block as well. AA will probably offer those TWA guys some sort of package to get them to retire or relocate. It's simple mathematics. AA will have less airplanes than when AFW was opened back 1991. There is absolutely no reason to keep three maintenance bases open. As far as contract work is concerned, we cannot compete with foreign workers making 5 dollars a week.

Oh,and the Taesl people are fixing to have a BIG suprise. The spin off of Taesl is inevitable and the TWU employees there will no longer be AA, just like Sabre.
<_< -----For once you may be right. Just a side note here. Technically I believe Taesl could be moved here. We have the space, and even the Test Cell to handel it! ------ Do I feel it will happen? ------- Not a snow balls chance!!!! :down:

I don't think so. I believe they can bump to the stations which they can use only 25% of their seniority. They can try to bump everywhere else but they will have 2001 seniority.
<_< ------First because of the average age of those around here, I don't think many would be going anywhere! But those that did, seven years really doesn't look too bad in some places! But naturally they'd tend to go where they'd have the most seniority!

<_< -----For once you may be right. Just a side note here. Technically I believe Taesl could be moved here. We have the space, and even the Test Cell to handel it! ------ Do I feel it will happen? ------- Not a snow balls chance!!!! :down:

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the Trent would not fit in MCI or TUL test cell.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the Trent would not fit in MCI or TUL test cell.
<_< ----- First let me say that I don't feel there is any chance of this happening. But with some updating, the physical size, and thrust rating would handle it. We have one cell that we used for our (747) JT-9's, and (L-1011) RB211's. There definitely would have to be some modifications, and updating, but basically I think it could be done! At what expence? Now that's a whole new question!

What a shame for any who lose their jobs. I know this industry is cyclical, but this is by far the worst cycle I've seen. I'd say it's a worse down point than right after 9/11.

AA has done something right, though; it kept maintenance in the US with you guys instead of shipping it overseas, and that decision saved a lot of jobs up front. I hope that VBRs can save a bunch more now.
Indeed they have done something right in this instance. But don't forget we have done right too by busting our butts to save the company money in this arena as well.

Anyone have a link to the "kasher decision". Specifically the senority integration with regards to mci. They way Iunderstand it is if AFW is closed Mci would be off the table for us to bump. Any thoughts?

Anyone have a link to the "kasher decision". Specifically the senority integration with regards to mci. They way Iunderstand it is if AFW is closed Mci would be off the table for us to bump. Any thoughts?

MCI is a 100% station.. Bumping is possible if your seniority is greater than the lowest seniority MCI mechanic and that he or she is actually most junior in the system.

Actually, if AFW is closed, alot of people will be offered to go over to DWH(hangar 5)DFW. The only people left at AFW will be the Taesl people who will no longer be employees of AA.

Actually, if AFW is closed, alot of people will be offered to go over to DWH(hangar 5)DFW. The only people left at AFW will be the Taesl people who will no longer be employees of AA.

But with 1378 AMT's and OSM's at AFW a bunch will have to bump people who do not have system protection and most of them are in JFK, STL, LAX, ORD, LGA, ORD, SFO, MIA, BOS AND SJU. All stations there have some employees with no system protection anywhere from 12 to 150 people per location.

But with 1378 AMT's and OSM's at AFW a bunch will have to bump people who do not have system protection and most of them are in JFK, STL, LAX, ORD, LGA, ORD, SFO, MIA, BOS AND SJU. All stations there have some employees with no system protection anywhere from 12 to 150 people per location.
Per the contract, OSM's can only bump to Tulsa, unless the twu sells us out by allowing them on the line or MCI. Also the non-licensed or only one licensed AMT can only bump Tulsa or MCI, unless of course the language is changed. <_<

Expect to see the language changed soon. :down:

Latest posts