M&R how we can get a consensual agreement

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Thank You to all the men and women of M&R.I know this was hard vote for many of you to make, as a lot of people will be losing there jobs and being up rooted. But there comes a time when this madness must stop. We must come together to get a consensual agreement. I believe there is time to make this happen by June 6TH. We will have are day in court now. Hopefully Judge Lane and American Airlines will see things in a different light as are lawyers present are case before the court. To see where we stand.

Some of the things I feel would help to get a consenual agreement are , but not limted to

1 Scope to make sure we work on all AA aircraft. Spell it out that will will overhaul and maintian the 787, A319 and what ever other aircraft AA plans to purchase in the future and currently own / lease. Also have a hard number on the amount of work that can be outsourced.

2 A job protection agreement with a date and with bumming rights and seniority rights.

3 Bring are pay rate up to the average of other legacy carriers. This will take some hard work, but understand even when AA contracts out are work to a mro they are still paying to have that work done. By using 24/7 coverage at Tulsa and DWH AA will also be able to bring in work. Where they have the faculties and the infrastructures and people that know how to get the job done right the first time (Delta is currentky bringing in alot of work from other outfits. What ever happened to the contracts I thought we had to work on other outfits equipment in Tulsa). Having the people that jump at a moments notice to get are aircraft flying in revenue service after a disaster strikes as with in the past hail storms and last years storms in STL and DFW.

Things that are not helping to get a consensual agreement , but can be worked on. We live in a much different world from a couple a years ago and some things must change to stay competitive and these are hard things

1 The cost savings from moving us to a 401k have to be great, most guys espcially new hires can't even afford to contribute to ther 401k. The cost of living in some areas of the country are making guys work payday to payday.

2 Are cost for Medical. Find away to keep the 80/20 plan that I understand many guys like (I prefer the HMO's)

American puts out cbt's on value of respect and other items. The time is now for American Airlines to read some of there own training material.

We help to make American Airlines run. Show some respect, you can only feel so beat down, before it doesn't matter anymore. Ask yourself. Why would guys vote to put themselves out of a job? Over 9 years of give backs and we are still the problem?

I Think not. We are American Airlines! We come to work everyday and we do are best to make American Airlines the BEST!!!!!!!

All we need is good faith from AA and a deal can be worked out. We are not asking for the stars, just decent treatment.

Reactions: 3 people
Fleet caved, you guys should get some movement now. My paycut and longevity slashing has to go somewhere. Thanks TWU!

Reactions: 1 person
Fleet caved, you guys should get some movement now. My paycut and longevity slashing has to go somewhere. Thanks TWU!

It's a disgrace when corporate has all vote on an ultimatum and when you take it they rape you... for 6 Yrs i might add !

But when you turn them down they possibly will give you another.....

Jason Whitely ‏ @JasonWhitely

@juan7241 Hard to say. AA says it still want to negotiate w/ those two groups again. Airline says it's hopeful to settle this out of court.

It's a disgrace when corporate has all vote on an ultimatum and when you take it they rape you... for 6 Yrs i might add !

But when you turn them down they possibly will give you another.....

Jason Whitely ‏ @JasonWhitely
@juan7241 Hard to say. AA says it still want to negotiate w/ those two groups again. Airline says it's hopeful to settle this out of court.

"The bargaining units that voted to accept the company’s offer will not see any changes to their employment status, wages or working conditions until after the court rules on American Airlines’Section 1113 motion to break labor agreements or, in the alternative, those bargaining units reach a consensual deal. The TWU groups that voted yes also received "me too " protection, and as a result will get the same financial benefit that any other union groups receive from a reduction of the total concession sought by the airline. That court ruling on the issue of rejecting the labor contracts is expected on or after June 6. American Airlines is seeking $1.25 billion in cuts from all of its workers."

Now where have I heard that before!?!

Let me preface this by saying I dont agree with AA and how they are approaching this, but Paul1, you have no idea about bankruptcy negotiations, do you?

AA is looking to cut costs, your proposals are increasing costs, your not in Section 6 negotiations.

I do hope that AA and the TWU can come to some kind of agreement to inflict the least amount of hardships.

Reactions: 2 people
"The bargaining units that voted to accept the company’s offer will not see any changes to their employment status, wages or working conditions until after the court rules on American Airlines’Section 1113 motion to break labor agreements or, in the alternative, those bargaining units reach a consensual deal. The TWU groups that voted yes also received "me too " protection, and as a result will get the same financial benefit that any other union groups receive from a reduction of the total concession sought by the airline. That court ruling on the issue of rejecting the labor contracts is expected on or after June 6. American Airlines is seeking $1.25 billion in cuts from all of its workers."

Now where have I heard that before!?!

All that means i believe is that they have spit the work force.........A new agreement can not be all that impressive as to protect the costs that they have received from the yes vote......its MOOT Language in a BK setting......
I can't believe they would give back what they needed ( so to speak ) . Political language at its best. Like " LBO" in this scenario.

Let me preface this by saying I dont agree with AA and how they are approaching this, but Paul1, you have no idea about bankruptcy negotiations, do you?

AA is looking to cut costs, your proposals are increasing costs, your not in Section 6 negotiations.

I do hope that AA and the TWU can come to some kind of agreement to inflict the least amount of hardships.

I get what you are saying but actually, after the judge rules, no matter what he rules, we are supposed to go back into section 6 negotiations. My whole reason for voting yes was : what incentive will the company have to negotiate if the judge rules in their favor?

We'll see, right now, I am praying all those guys that said we could get a better deal are right, I have my doubts.

Mr Paul1,
I have no idea what you are smoking. 700UW said it- You really don't have any idea just how this whole bankruptcy thing works. AA needs to CUT COSTS. Let me say that again, AA needs to CUT costs to be competitive in this business. Wage INCREASES? are you really serious? Ok, some other carriers may be a little higher, but they aren't paying a 4,000 people that hourly wage, more like 150. And those 150 are the cream of the crop and actually do some WORK.
Oh - and you really think that Judge Lane is going to side with the TWU? uh, no. Sorry. Nice try. I think the 'buyers remorse' may be setting in sooner than you think and then it'll be different with your "Thank you for voting no...". There is something called reality here that nobody seems to see.

You dont go back into section 6 negotiations, per the modified cba per the term sheet your CBA is amendable in 2018. They are all blowing smoke up your rear ends.

If you go back right into Section 6, why would AA put an amendable date of 2018?

And six years of nothing equals nothing the NO VOTE was the only option. Bankruptcy or not. You cant get an airline off the ground if no one is on board.

We need to stand together and back each other up. This could be the start of something good for ALL OF US. Now we have shown the company that we are done taking all the crap. This is an opportunity to actualy have a union and ALL WORK TOGETHER for one cause.

In talking with others from my station and around the system, two recurring things continued to be brought up:

1) Many wanted to believe the hype that we were different and that we could find a way to fix the problems at AA without going bankrupt;

2) Most if not all think that the gross overreach of the company in their ask and LBO and the collusion of the TWU in selling the LBO amounted to the company holding M&R up by the scruff of the neck before god and everybody and publically stating that they were going to b!tch slap us into submission while the TWU stood to the side, like the companys', wife nodding in approval.

Getting to yes doesn't mean we have to burn the village down to save it.

Getting to yes does mean that given the history of lies and misrepresentations from AA and the TWU to the M&R membership demands that any agreement brought to a vote must be clear and unambiguous in both content and intent from both parties.

A good start would be for both AA and the TWU to release their cost out numbers for both our current contract, the "term sheet," and the "LBO". Let us see how the company values the costs for each article and how the consultants for the TWU evaluated the same information.

TWU stood to the side, like the companys', wife nodding in approval.

This is the problem with the twu they promote fear and think they can save us from ourselves. They need to go. They are the most docile union in the history of unionism. Out of touch unelected and take the path of least resistance. Lets see what the next play is. I am hearing ruors of the company wanting a deal outside of the court room. No more backdoor deals enough is enough NO means NO.