Mci Begins To Learn The Term Attrition

Rusty said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Checking it Out said:
This is old news and was reported out a couple of weeks ago, The 737 work is moving to Tulsa, warehouse is shrinking and MCI will be getting md 80 conversion, to put back in service. AA is also looking at going after 3rd party Maintenance.

I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors.
I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors

CIO.........Maybe we, at MCI, will be doing third party work, What will AMFA do?
Its almost poetic justice

Hey MCI afl-cio, that does sound about right that the TWU leaders would advocate doing other airlines work when there is laid off members at that airline.

Your point does give another very good reason why we need to align along Craft and Class lines. :up:
The fact that the TWU should promote doing other airlines work is not suprising.

The TWU is the only union I've ever heard of that tries to put their own Locals in competitiuon with each other.

Bobby Gless, as President of Local 562 was part of a committee that was put together along with the company to move work away from stations that did not meet the company's performance expectations to those that did.

Now most unions would tell their members not to get caught up in such a competition between members but not the TWU! They certainly would not be a part of such a committtee and endorse the punishing of members in stations that were not performing. But oh no, they thought this was just great, 'lets cause even more division within the ranks' by pitting station against station, local against local, then in the end blame the members once again for following the TWU's lead. We saw this used between the line stations and the overhaul bases. OUR UNION PROMOTED COMPETITION BETWEEN ITS OWN MEMBERS? How does identifying other workers in other stations as "the competition" promote Solidarity?

Clearly the TWU's actions have been promoting division despite their contradictory statements promoting Solidarity.

Its time for a union that will seek to undo the damage that the TWU has wrought upon workers of this industry.

Its time for Airline unions for airline workers.

Its time for AMFA and the AGW!

Someone please send ole PDiddy PSP7 so's I can show you the waves of dah future. Placing a NWA or a UAL a/c insides the hangars @ MCI will shows the powers of the TWU to get 3rd party work and the abilities of the scamfa to outsource their works.

Better mens than these have attempted to lay doom to MCI....HAHAHAHA

PDiddyQuill said:
Someone please send ole PDiddy PSP7 so's I can show you the waves of dah future. Placing a NWA or a UAL a/c insides the hangars @ MCI will shows the powers of the TWU to get 3rd party work and the abilities of the scamfa to outsource their works.

All that it would show is how similar working under a TWU contract is as working non-union for Timco or any of the other non-union providers.

Now that the TWU has brought third party wages to the airlines A&P wages will continue to suffer downward pressure even when demand recovers. Way to go TWU! The industry leader in concessions! Destroyer of professions! The union where the average member pays two hours gross pay to earn $15/hr. The TWU/ATD, The Walmart of the labor movement!

PDiddyQuill said:

Drippy, why don't you take another 30% paycut, just to be sure could bring in 3rd party work into MCI??? Maybe you could even get some from overseas!!! :up:

I see MCI in direct competition with Singapore. AA will actively follow amfa contract language around and bid for their outsourcing. amfa supports non union business with their 38% caps and great real-estate language in their contracts.

Hey Bob, please list the reasons you used to hate amfa, I wanna match them up with mine...thx bruddah..HAHAHAHA...did Delle give you a big ole hug?

Bob Owens said:
Rusty said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Checking it Out said:
This is old news and was reported out a couple of weeks ago, The 737 work is moving to Tulsa, warehouse is shrinking and MCI will be getting md 80 conversion, to put back in service. AA is also looking at going after 3rd party Maintenance.

I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors.
I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors

CIO.........Maybe we, at MCI, will be doing third party work, What will AMFA do?
Its almost poetic justice

Hey MCI afl-cio, that does sound about right that the TWU leaders would advocate doing other airlines work when there is laid off members at that airline.

Your point does give another very good reason why we need to align along Craft and Class lines. :up:
The fact that the TWU should promote doing other airlines work is not suprising.

The TWU is the only union I've ever heard of that tries to put their own Locals in competitiuon with each other.

Bobby Gless, as President of Local 562 was part of a committee that was put together along with the company to move work away from stations that did not meet the company's performance expectations to those that did.

Now most unions would tell their members not to get caught up in such a competition between members but not the TWU! They certainly would not be a part of such a committtee and endorse the punishing of members in stations that were not performing. But oh no, they thought this was just great, 'lets cause even more division within the ranks' by pitting station against station, local against local, then in the end blame the members once again for following the TWU's lead. We saw this used between the line stations and the overhaul bases. OUR UNION PROMOTED COMPETITION BETWEEN ITS OWN MEMBERS? How does identifying other workers in other stations as "the competition" promote Solidarity?

Clearly the TWU's actions have been promoting division despite their contradictory statements promoting Solidarity.

Its time for a union that will seek to undo the damage that the TWU has wrought upon workers of this industry.

Its time for Airline unions for airline workers.

Its time for AMFA and the AGW!
Bob,
You gave me a little bit of information but I don't remember seeing your post that said where the AGW was located. Did you post that information? Sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

PDiddyQuill said:
I see MCI in direct competition with Singapore. AA will actively follow amfa contract language around and bid for their outsourcing. amfa supports non union business with their 38% caps and great real-estate language in their contracts.

Hey Bob, please list the reasons you used to hate amfa, I wanna match them up with mine...thx bruddah..HAHAHAHA...did Delle give you a big ole hug?
Who said that I ever "hated" AMFA? I never did.

TWUer
Go to the-agw.org for more information. The answer that you seek is that the AGW today is in the same spot as the TWU was in 1933.

Bob Owens said:
PDiddyQuill said:

Who said that I ever "hated" AMFA? I never did.

TWUer
Go to the-agw.org for more information. The answer that you seek is that the AGW today is in the same spot as the TWU was in 1933.
Bob,
I did go to that site and they do not give their location or even a phone number to call. I heard that they were in NH on Water Street. Is this correct??

twuer said:
Bob,
I did go to that site and they do not give their location or even a phone number to call. I heard that they were in NH on Water Street. Is this correct??
Dont know. The only people that I've been in contact with were from ORD and DFW. As far as I know they dont have an office anywhere yet. If there is a link between them and AMFA I dont know about it, however I would support AMFA aiding the AGW. Why not? It cant hurt us and it would be good to have another union on the property that we could work with.

The AGW is a grassroots organization, started by Fleet service workers for all ground workers. You can read about it on their site.

I hear they have over 600 cards from ORD alone. Its also going strong in DFW. Its just starting in JFK.

So what will the TWUs strategy be for fighting the AGW? They dont have a high concentration of Fleet service workers in a low cost area like Tulsa or MCI. When the organizers start putting together information about how much they have lost , compared to Longshoremen, who basically do the same type of work, the TWU is history.

Hey is it true that there is a movement by the SWA Flight Attendants to bail out too? I remember how they were at the Convention. They were pushing for recall and democratic reforms and seemed to be shocked at how Sonny squashed it.

So lets see, 29,000 (35,000) from AA, another what 8000 from SWA, how much will the TWU have left in their ATD? 17,000? That means that the TWU/ATD would be smaller than what AMFA is now. Local 234 would be split and Local 100 is pretty much Anti-Sonny Hall. Between the two Locals they have over 45000 members or 64% of the membership.

The only thing the TWU has is that the AGW is just starting out. At present it is more of an idea, a hope, a dream, than an organization. However anyone familiar with the history of the TWU would recognize this as a weak arguement against it for the TWU has similar roots. The TWU came into existance through the grassroots efforts of workers who were dissatisfied with the established unions that were too cozy with management, sad how things have come full circle. The ideas, hopes and dreams of the founders of the TWU came true for them, however they are long gone, those who took their place have become what they fought against.

Airline unions for Airline workers, AMFA & the AGW NOW!

Back