Maggots Force Plane Back to Gate in Atlanta

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
Jun. 30, 2010 02:15 PM
Associated Press

ATLANTA - Maggots falling from an overhead bin from a spoiled container of meat forced a US Airways flight to return to the gate so the bin could be cleaned.

Passenger Donna Adamo said she noticed a couple of flies on the Monday flight when she got to her seat but didn't think much of it. Then, as the plane was taxiing, she heard a passenger behind her causing a commotion and refusing to take her seat.

"Then I heard the word maggot' and that kind of got everybody creeped out," she said. "All of a sudden, I felt somebody flick the back of my hair and on the front of me came a maggot, which I flicked off me."

Read more: Link to Article

Jun. 30, 2010 02:15 PM
Associated Press

ATLANTA - Maggots falling from an overhead bin from a spoiled container of meat forced a US Airways flight to return to the gate so the bin could be cleaned.

Passenger Donna Adamo said she noticed a couple of flies on the Monday flight when she got to her seat but didn't think much of it. Then, as the plane was taxiing, she heard a passenger behind her causing a commotion and refusing to take her seat.

"Then I heard the word maggot' and that kind of got everybody creeped out," she said. "All of a sudden, I felt somebody flick the back of my hair and on the front of me came a maggot, which I flicked off me."

Read more: Link to Article

This business has come a long way, hasn't it? Now it's for those who can't afford the bus.

How can you not know the meat in your carryon bag is so bad that it has maggots in it? Yuck! And who wants to eat the rotting meat that you had in your bag to begin with? Did you pack it months ago?

This doesn't surprise me in the least. And it had to be reeking to high heaven. The f/a's probably thought the stench was b o. There's a lot of that too these days. ( holds nose..brings tears to eyes )

Back