Mainline RJs?

tahitigirl

Senior
Aug 19, 2005
I've heard around campus that ALPA has agreed to a Mainline RJ payscale, is this true? And if so does it mean we will start taking back some of our routes that have been expressed? Also what type of aircraft would we fly?

Heard from a friend at Embraer that USAirways (tempe) has a contract in hand for the E190s... just a matter of them signing it. Maybe that's what you are hearing???

And by the way, Mainline *does* have RJs and RJ pay on their contract, sorta.. its called MidAtlantic.

I think that US/HP wouldn't offer RJ service as it would already overlap PSA, which is a wholly-owned (spelling?) Express carrier... although AWAC may as well be bought by US as they seem to be calling all the shots.

U has always had a payscale for RJs...remember the F28s; still on the books. The company just wanted to bust the scope language and slam the employees, before they came asking for Mainline to fly them again. I guess the express operators are pretty atrocious (No slam at express employees, but rather management.). Now that our customers are in revolt, it is time for management to "crawdad". How about those 90 seaters all over CLT? Customers flying to Sarasota must love them...

Heard from a friend at Embraer that USAirways (tempe) has a contract in hand for the E190s... just a matter of them signing it. Maybe that's what you are hearing???

And by the way, Mainline *does* have RJs and RJ pay on their contract, sorta.. its called MidAtlantic.

I think that US/HP wouldn't offer RJ service as it would already overlap PSA, which is a wholly-owned (spelling?) Express carrier... although AWAC may as well be bought by US as they seem to be calling all the shots.

Ok, so if the aircrafts are bought who will do the flying?

We have a payscale for the E190 in the transition agreement; voted on and approved. The E 190 is not an RJ, as the E170 is not. The 190 is a DC9/737-200 sized airliner. The 190 has to be flown by mainline, per the transition agreement...that is unless management wants to violate the TA.

We have a payscale for the E190 in the transition agreement; voted on and approved. The E 190 is not an RJ, as the E170 is not. The 190 is a DC9/737-200 sized airliner. The 190 has to be flown by mainline, per the transition agreement...that is unless management wants to violate the TA.

The US Airways pilots -- especially the East Division -- were once again bamboozled by management into voting to outsource more of their jobs.

Or, more accurately, the jobs may stay in house, but the pay will be outsourced.

The E-190 will be the 737 replacement. Therefore, in a couple of years, half the "mainline" pilots will be making half the pay they make now.

Like taking candy from a baby...

Yes the 190's are coming, you may even see them before the 170's are gone. Yes mainline pilots will fly them ,that only makes good sense , I think we all need to understand that steps must be taken to ensure the future of the airline ,everyone wants to complain but I think its time to move on ,Usairways is a very young airline ,most employees still have @15 years left if they wish to work it ,my main concern is having a job that long and being able to provide for my family . Iam not happy with the whole situation either however I am not ready to go and start all over again at the bottom of the pay scale and the bottom of the seniority list ,maybe we need to try and make the best of it and ask ourselves are we willing to give up everything we have invested (time ) for possibly a few years of better bliss that in the long run could destroy the airline and your future ..

Anybody have any idea about the seating configuration in the 190s?

If there is no FC in the things that replace the 737s then LCC will be increasingly undesirable for FF pax to fly and will make lousy Star Alliance connections from abroad. There are a lot of long E70 flights, eg PHL-IAH, already.

Young airline?

The original US airways has been around forever, many employees at US/East have 20 years or more.

Young airline?

The original US airways has been around forever, many employees at US/East have 20 years or more.
I believe the reference was to the NEW combined US Airways. Time for everyone to leave the past behind, especially the bad but hang onto the good, and start NEW and FRESH. It's going to take a new attitude and a new outlook to make this work......everyone from the "new guy" to the highest in seniority seasoned veteran. It's almost a new year and what better time for a resolution?? A resolution to be kind and considerate of each others feelings, acknowledge each others trials and tribulations, recignize that our needs, wants, goals in life and desire to be proud and successful in our chosen careers, are common. That's my hope. Best of luck to all of us as we venture into a new era. God bless and wishes for a joyous and prosperous New Year to ALL employees at the NEW US AIRWAYS!

FYI.....there are a significant number of 20+ year employees from the old AWA that are joining the NEW US Airways.

Anybody have any idea about the seating configuration in the 190s?

If there is no FC in the things that replace the 737s then LCC will be increasingly undesirable for FF pax to fly and will make lousy Star Alliance connections from abroad. There are a lot of long E70 flights, eg PHL-IAH, already.

Putting first class on the 190 would be nice, but people don't mind the "long" flights to IAH, DFW, MCI on the 170. Keeping a single class configuration throughout the entire aircraft makes for a desirable seating pitch. Pros and Cons either way

I think I have read that it will have first. It is kind of hard to argue for first class, when the more profitable airlines don't have it. Of course, the way manangement is acting in negotiations now, it may not make any difference in the not to distant future.