Major Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have ever thought that we might have wanted Stephen Wolf back? I'd vote for him!

While he wasn't the most personable guy (we've all seen what personable guys have done for us, right?) he did have a vision for a top notch airline - and had the ability to pull it off (if even for a short time).

Who would have ever thought that we might have wanted Stephen Wolf back? I'd vote for him!

While he wasn't the most personable guy (we've all seen what personable guys have done for us, right?) he did have a vision for a top notch airline - and had the ability to pull it off (if even for a short time).

Agree with you 150%. This airline needs a Stephen Wolf to come in for a year or so and class things up.

Agree with you 150%. This airline needs a Stephen Wolf to come in for a year or so and class things up.
Never thought I would be wishing for Wolf back, but he would get things back in order and get some class back. Just spoke to a FA back from recurrent, there was a girl who was at least 10 minutes late after each break. In the Wolf days that FA would have been shown the door and told to reschedule, also would have been a dependability issue taken up with her supervisor. The instructors in this case did not even reprimand her. We need some real leadership that insists on running the airline like a military operation.

Gangwal wouldn't be bad either, but believe he is involved in another airline venture.

Its amazing to me that with all the CEO's that we have been through over the years , we are even still here.
We need someone to be passionate about running a potentially great airline, like the employees that make it happen
every day.

Lets keep it together and hope we have a great future.

wopr21
:up:

I wish Douggie would abdicate his position! He has totally destroyed our airline.

Oh yeah, USAirways was known as the best in the industry 3 years ago. Damn that Doug Parker for ruining your swiss watch of an airline! :rolleyes:

Its amazing to me that with all the CEO's that we have been through over the years , we are even still here.
We need someone to be passionate about running a potentially great airline, like the employees that make it happen
every day.

Lets keep it together and hope we have a great future.

wopr21
:up:

You think the employees are passionate about this airline? PHL is the joke of the entire airline industry and the ripple is felt across the entire system. There are some great employees at USAir, without a doubt some of the finest in the industry. But their contribution is off-set by some of the worst in the industry and that's like saying, "I feel great except for having lung cancer". Cut the cancer out!

Not to be defending Parker, but I think he has had a handful of clueless bozo's feeding him bad information on certain technical subjects. Thus leading to bad decisions, which in this business get compounded daily.

My beef would be that he doesn't swing a sharp and true axe when warranted, instead they hand out promotions and bonuses.

If this rumor is true, I'll bet Robert Isom takes over. He has excellent experience operationally and a good body of knowledge of Pacific operations, all from NW. This doesn't suggest a merger with NW, just good experience from NW....a skill set we need badly.

Oh yeah, USAirways was known as the best in the industry 3 years ago. Damn that Doug Parker for ruining your swiss watch of an airline! :rolleyes:

You think the employees are passionate about this airline? PHL is the joke of the entire airline industry and the ripple is felt across the entire system. There are some great employees at USAir, without a doubt some of the finest in the industry. But their contribution is off-set by some of the worst in the industry and that's like saying, "I feel great except for having lung cancer". Cut the cancer out!

I have found that most are passionate and want this airline to succeed, just give us the tools to do so..
If every city was like PHL , we would be out of business.
I know where you are coming from.

wopr21

IMHO, I doubt that a CEO resignation would come via an announcement this far in advance. If he was going to be leaving for whatever reason, they would announce it right away - or at least by the end of this week.

It's Christmastime. Historically, that's layoff season. And I agree that US' style is to make "big" announcements - good or bad - at 1701 on a Friday.

Major announcement! How about a stock buyback? Stock price gets a pop, company blows its cash reserves, and insiders get a shot at getting out before this house of cards comes crashing down.

This must be the long awaited "UCT" that our A320 pilot kept promising over the years. Where HAS he been lately, though??

Seriously folks - the devil you know is better than the one you don't know.....If I had time to go back and find all the hate and venom posted here and in flyertalk about Wolf you might wish Doug stuck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.