Major Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear that there is going to be a major announcement on 12/4 ? Rumor is that Parker is going to resign.
It would not surprise me. Millions of shares were purchased at 55.00 plus. If nothing else the pressure must be on.

Hi Everyone,

Your favorite company communications guy chiming in. Doug isn't resigning and has said publicly several times that he's here for the long haul.

Hope everyone is winding down after the busy holiday week. Please drop me a line if I can be of help to you.

Thanks,
Morgan Durrant
US Airways
Corporate Communications

Thanks Morgan!

I appreciate you reading this board and dispelling rumours before they get out of control on here, it is most helpful. Thank you.

Would it be asking too much for the big announcement to be a termination of all underperforming, clueless, ineffective, or moronic management? Granted that would cut management into half (OK, ok down to 25%) but that's what this place is.

Put a less eloquent way, this place needs an enema, and management is where the tube needs to go.

Doug has made some big mistake but the biggest was not changing the companies name! It should have stayed America West or something new, then there would be no doubt in the PAX or Employees mind that is was differnt and we could all move on.
At the time it seem trival to spend millions on re-branding but I just didn't realise how bad the US brand was thought of by the general public and how hard headed the old school staff would be.

It should have stayed America West ... but I just didn't realise how bad the US brand was thought of by the general public and how hard headed the old school staff would be.

Is this a joke?! Are you suggesting that the America Worst, er West, name was in high regard in the eyes of the traveling public? Puhleeze! During Wolf's reign, US was one of the top performing airlines in all categories. I remember seeing AmWest crews in airports and feeling sorry for them that they had to work for such a crappy airline with the worst reputation in the industry. Now the powers-that-be in Tempe have infected the east with their moronic, cheap, customer un-friendly decisions. The name remained US Airways because, in the northeast, the name means business travel and that is where the money is. The US Airways name was all over Europe and Central America -- not just the southwestern United States and Mexico.

The template for the current high-cost, short-haul, unable-to-compete-outside-the-BOS-DCA corridor, regional network carrier was set in the 80's by Ed Colodny, a great manager for the regulated 70's but unable to change with the times. All else after him have just rearranged the furniture.

Doug has made some big mistake but the biggest was not changing the companies name! It should have stayed America West or something new, then there would be no doubt in the PAX or Employees mind that is was differnt and we could all move on.
At the time it seem trival to spend millions on re-branding but I just didn't realise how bad the US brand was thought of by the general public and how hard headed the old school staff would be.

Too bad the kids in the sandbox were too busy playing drinking games to know what went on in the airline industry.

How can you tell who hated US Airways 'name' before you bozos came in, and who hates it because you came in?

I was not speaking to marketing or even brand recognition what you said is obviously why DP kept the name. I just think it would have made the handleing of all the changes much less stressful on all becuase they would be expecting it. Kind of right sizing expectations. One big reason SWA is so successful is they have promised the PAX almost nothing but basic transportation while the rest if the industry snickered at their low class. Now look at them! Even when the are late or loose bags the get nowhere near the compliants that the should becuase of the expectations. That si what I am speaking to the PAX epectations and the Employee culture all of which would have been much easier to change with a new name!

Agree with you 150%. This airline needs a Stephen Wolf to come in for a year or so and class things up.

Wolf did make the airline pretty as a package, just like he did at Flying Tigers, Republic, and United. Unfortunately his MO is to rescue floundering airlines by forcing huge paycuts on the employees, and using the savings to paint the planes, promise growth, and buy back the stock to pump the price before a sale. Even Wolf has a conscience and couldn't bare to squeeze anymore blood from this turnip. It would take the conscience of a used car salesman from carny-ville to choke more blood out. Anyone at ALPA available?

I just think it would have made the handleing of all the changes much less stressful on all becuase they would be expecting it. Kind of right sizing expectations. Even when the are late or loose bags the get nowhere near the compliants that the should becuase of the expectations. That si what I am speaking to the PAX epectations!

When did they get wireless in the bar at The Palms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back