Management bump backs

Hold on guys let me explain something from res point of view. Some sups were hired as sups and some sups were put in a management position after only being on the floor say 6 months. That person does not have the ability to do res job as res agents--even one only there a year--that the res agents do. Even thou the sup has been on the job 15 years. You ask most sups in res if they could take a call as well as a year agent and they'll tell you they can but push come to shove they can't. This was proven when sups used to have to take calls. Call talk time was out of sight and call work was crazy. They'd say to us, how do you talk, type, and look for flights at the same time and stay within the graphics demanded by US? So, no they should not go back with their seniority intact to res.

I'm sorry, but when a person makes a decision to go to management, I believe that they have given up their ability to bump back into a job at their seniority. Wasn't Dave's entire justification for the $6 mil bonuses based on mamagement having no seniority protection? Apparrantly this does not apply in crew sked.

When we asked how they could justify the bump backs, we were told it was done on a case by case basis (For EVERY SINGLE MSP employee who's job was eliminated.... they have ALL been given the option to bump back) and this decision was based on their performance. In other words, the MSP employees were all deemed excellent and worthy of bumping a scheduler. But when the schedulers were furloughed as a result of this, it was done strictly by seniority. Most junior first.

So WHICH IS IT??????!!!!!! You cannot have two sets of rules... management deemed worthy of employment due to their performance, lowly schedulers deemed worthy of furlough due to their seniority. You want the whole thing based on merit? FINE!!!! I will take that. But not this mealy mouthed half-arsed blending of rules that benefits one group of employees over another.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going on here... management is taking care of their own BECAUSE THEY CAN. The schedulers being furloughed have been doing the job for YEARS, and are an excellent group. They do not need a manual to figure out how to do their job, and are excellent when the **** hits the fan. The MSP people taking their place, however, have not sat on a scheduling desk in YEARS. They will not be on the desk until January.... where will they be until then? You guessed it.... in TRAINING!!!

Union [seniority] or Non-union [suction]It all boils down to this. If you want seniority protection, vote Union, If you don't ?? Suction will win out every time.