Manifest Question

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
During one of my flights last week I was chatting with the FA and happened to notice the manifest hanging on the galley wall. I noticed there were a number of US1's on the flight but that some of us were noted as just US1's while others had a remark SG on the left hand side of the box--to the left of where it said US1. I asked the FA what that meant and she didn't know-said she had never seen it.

I know it COULD be Star Gold, but would that not apply to ALL US1's?

Do any of you fine folks know what that means?...just wondering.

Art at ISP said:
Do any of you fine folks know what that means?...just wondering.

Thanks  :up:
[post="237922"][/post]​

Hi Art...I happened to notice this on a flight back in December. I had US1, and the person I was travelling with had both US1 and SG. It finally clicked that it probably designates BOA Signature Card holders.

Anyone want to confirm that?

Hi Shell,

That is quite possible, and true in my case. It did not have the designation, however in anyone other than a US1's box though.
'Tis a curious question though....

The BOA sig card holders are given priority check in and boarding.SG wouldn't stand for star gold because you can only use 1 ff number and if his or her US1 was on there it shouldn't show a star alliance number.

Art at ISP said:
During one of my flights last week I was chatting with the FA and happened to notice the manifest hanging on the galley wall. I noticed there were a number of US1's on the flight but that some of us were noted as just US1's while others had a remark SG on the left hand side of the box--to the left of where it said US1. I asked the FA what that meant and she didn't know-said she had never seen it.

[post="237922"][/post]​

I noticed the same thing a few months ago and asked the agent working the flight what it meant. It is the BOA Signature card and is designated on all US1-4's.

Excuse me, but the manifest is proprietary company information, the contents of which should not be discussed on these boards or with customers. It is a tool we have to help us serve our customers better and to help us do our jobs easier. There is confidential information contained in the manifests, and crewmembers should safeguard them from people who have no business accessing the information... including ALL customers. I don't even look at them when I'm nonreving because it's none of my business!

It is the Signature Card designator. They cant use SC because that is the designator that the Security Check has been done (although it isnt really used anymore to check in). The SG designator is tied in with your FF number so anyone who has one gets the Zone 2 printed when they check in.

DCAflyer said:
Excuse me, but the manifest is proprietary company information, the contents of which should not be discussed on these boards or with customers.
[post="237990"][/post]​

Well, then someone better tell the F/As. I've had F/As hand me the manifest to show how it displays our status and connection info. This has happened on UA, too, as it shows our US status when we fly them.

USFlyer said:
Well, then someone better tell the F/As. I've had F/As hand me the manifest to show how it displays our status and connection info. This has happened on UA, too, as it shows our US status when we fly them.
[post="237998"][/post]​

There is NOTHING confidential on there. Anything that WOULD be confidential is or SHOULD be coded in such a way as nobody knowing what it means.

I agree and understand your point on the confidentiality of the manifest. But, all the airlines need to stop posting the sheet in the First Business and Coach galley areas. Anyone who knows anything about the airlines knows that the F/A's always have it posted and they rarely stop passengers from reviewing the lists while waiting for the restroom.

It amazes me that on some airlines manifests the actual ff number is even on the manifests. I hope all airlines take much better action in protecting this data. It is no ones business to know my name on a flight except the Flight Crew. I have even been approached by other passengers when they saw my name on a passenger list. Even more interesting - Delta posts seat assignemnts and names in their terminals when clearing first class upgrades and seating non-rev's. Hmmm

Perhaps this can be looked into!!

Good point DCA!

DCAflyer said:
Excuse me, but the manifest is proprietary company information, the contents of which should not be discussed on these boards or with customers. It is a tool we have to help us serve our customers better and to help us do our jobs easier. There is confidential information contained in the manifests, and crewmembers should safeguard them from people who have no business accessing the information... including ALL customers. I don't even look at them when I'm nonreving because it's none of my business!
[post="237990"][/post]​

I completely agree. A perfect example is the post the other day regarding a passenger REQUESTING a RTFC. Well, they got exactly what they asked for, including the restrictions ie. limited seating based on Z class. A lot of passengers are too "in the know" or atleast THINK they are and this can cause additional problems. Being helpful is one thing, but discretion is just as important.

firstamendment said:
There is NOTHING confidential on there. Anything that WOULD be confidential is or SHOULD be coded in such a way as nobody knowing what it means.
[post="238007"][/post]​

How about names and seat assignments of other passengers and their FF status. And about codes... every travel agent and current and former res center employee, ticket agent and gate agent for every airline knows those codes and what they mean. Just because something is posted in the FC galley is not an invitation for everyone and their brother to read it. Flight attendants need to use discretion and safeguard the information. My practice has always been to remove the manifest once my initial FC service is finished.

Latest posts

Back