Easy Customer Service Improvements

And are you proud this fa lost there job?? Just because they didn't give mimimum standard service? How sick is that?? I don't think any pax would feel good about that either!?? :down:

Well, let's see. He has been noted by other flight attendants for years as being totally clueless. Among some of his more estimable acts...

1. Sitting down in the first row of F/C to eat an unused meal while the passengers in F/C were still eating their meals.
2. Sitting down in coach in a row with other passengers, putting on headphones (an FAR violation for working crew members), and watching the movie instead of assisting with the F/C service which was his assigned duty on that flight. (He sat down right after the first round of drinks had been served on a flight with a full dinner service).

(Items 1 and 2, I can personally confirm because I was a crewmember on both of those flights).

3. Numerous missed trips and late sign-ins.
4. Calling in sick every Christmas (and other major holidays) because he is not senior enough to hold off.
5. On the last trip, he was the #1 (responsible for F/C). He never came out of the galley the entire flight, not even to serve a beverage, on a dinner service flight. The #4 refused to go up and help him because she had been doing her main cabin service and then doing the entire F/C service the whole trip
while he stood in the galley. He wouldn't even take the entrees out of the oven and put them on trays for her. On the last leg, she just said, no more.

Proud? No. Relieved? Yes. Many of us had tried to work with him and get him to change his behavior. We thought that maybe he just didn't understand. Finally came to the conclusion that he understood all too well how to get other people to do his job while he stayed in the galley and read a magazine.

Well, let's see. He has been noted by other flight attendants for years as being totally clueless. Among some of his more estimable acts...

1. Sitting down in the first row of F/C to eat an unused meal while the passengers in F/C were still eating their meals.
2. Sitting down in coach in a row with other passengers, putting on headphones (an FAR violation for working crew members), and watching the movie instead of assisting with the F/C service which was his assigned duty on that flight. (He sat down right after the first round of drinks had been served on a flight with a full dinner service).

(Items 1 and 2, I can personally confirm because I was a crewmember on both of those flights).

3. Numerous missed trips and late sign-ins.
4. Calling in sick every Christmas (and other major holidays) because he is not senior enough to hold off.
5. On the last trip, he was the #1 (responsible for F/C). He never came out of the galley the entire flight, not even to serve a beverage, on a dinner service flight. The #4 refused to go up and help him because she had been doing her main cabin service and then doing the entire F/C service the whole trip
while he stood in the galley. He wouldn't even take the entrees out of the oven and put them on trays for her. On the last leg, she just said, no more.

Proud? No. Relieved? Yes. Many of us had tried to work with him and get him to change his behavior. We thought that maybe he just didn't understand. Finally came to the conclusion that he understood all too well how to get other people to do his job while he stayed in the galley and read a magazine.
Remarkable!! I am glad too see the demise of a lazy fa??? I just don't see it. I am sorry. Maybe I am the Ugly Betty of the system. Don't write up flight attendants. :huh: Maybe, this is left to said on the AA board, sorry. The US Airways fa's are sticking together, thru thick and thin!! Westies to Easties!! You better believe it! :up:

I know that you are one of the best Westies, and I wanted to make sure that you don't miss out on that A&B. Bid for TPA-PHX back-to-back! You know how new FFs are really focused on the whole travel experience, so knock 'em dead!
I hope you mean it!!!!? You little poop. I avoid TPA. I take enough abuse on my JFK flights, thank you!! :lol:

If you fly US Airways as often as you say, I'm sure you are in their FF program. Be sure to include your membership number also. Unless they are complete idiots, they will take note and take action.

Jim, they are complete idiots, and that is the problem. As a former 10 year CP, they never responded to my complements nor complaints since Tempe took over.

That is why I don't fly US anymore.

Also I did hear about being cleaning crew, i did not offend me. However, as a paying customer I don't need to hear our grip with your union or company on changes to the work rules to save money.

While I am ALWAYS one to defend my coworkers I must say that we have some seriously lazy MF's up in the joint. I know the majority of us do our jobs and do them WELL. I have witnessed a HUGE amount of flight attendants that do NOT do a pre-departure beverage. I just worked a trip recently where the "A" refused to do one on the airbus YET stood there and ate her sandwich and cracked a coke. It was EVERY leg that she wound say, "I'll take care of them in the air". Well under normal boardings THATS NOT YOUR CALL. I finally left to the back. I was embarrassed.

As a longtime US1 and someone who flies US every week, I'd like to suggest a few customer service improvements that I see as costing very little but adding much value.

1. One of the biggest issues I see with US is the whole unruly boarding process. This could be solved easily by boarding the First Class cabin first letting them get settled and moving forward with the Elite boarding and so on. So many times the GA calls Zone 1 and 40 people or more try and board. The aisles get clogged and it really stalls the boarding. A more orderly boarding process will be faster.

2. Serve the pre-flight drink please. I fly in F about 98% of the time and only get a preflight about 30 percent.

3. FA's please be attentive to your FC customers. 1 drink run from TPA to PHX is unacceptable. Having to ask for more water while you are reading the USA Today or Vogue in the galley is Totally Unacceptable. I have been on board flights were the PAX are making jokes about the FA's chatting amongst themselves rather than serving the customer.

4. Understand that many of your PAX are working too. I travel 85% of the time for business.

5. Please stop telling us you are the cleaning crew. It's very unprofessional.

I'am a regular USairway customer. Make my experience the best you can. And I will kepp coming back.

Oh you poor naive newbie - there is no one on this board that cares that you don't like flying US anymore - the days of caring are long over I am afraid.

All you will get on this board is a bunch of employees defending why they provide crappy service and whining about how bad they have it and how bad they have been treated and on and on and on and on.

Give it up and switch your business to another airline that provides real service - I did - and I am much happier for it. I still find this board to have entertainment value - mostly because of how defensive the nasty US employees get when someone posts a message like yours.