McCain Looking Desperate This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Titan

Veteran
Oct 14, 2003
I want to start this thread by saying that I hope it will be an examination of tactics - not policy - as there are several threads already going on who is better on terrorism, Iraq, the economy, etc.

It strikes me that McCain is being ill-served by his political advisers this week as they try to counter the coverage Obama is receiving on his trip to the Middle East. Consider some of the moves McCain's campaign has made this week.

- Launched a new TV commercial singling out Obama as the cause of the high price of gasoline. An attack ad may make sense while Obama's away, but blaming one member of the Senate seems kind of disjointed. At a minimum it could have been better executed.

- Leaked the story that McCain may announce his pick for VP THIS WEEK! Seems just plain nuts. If he does it, it may actually work; but the move would carry a very high price tag since McCain wouldn't be able to make this splash after the Democratic National Convention to reduce Obama's post-convention bounce in the polls. If he doesn't do it, McCain's campaign looks like the boy who cried wolf.

- Changed a speech that was supposed to address the economy (per his campaign) and decided to use a big chunk of his remarks to rip Obama on Iraq. This move might make sense in theory, but it indicated that McCain was letting Obama set the agenda.

- Produced a parody of the news media's coverage of the Obama trip using music by FRANKIE VALLI. Are you kiddin' me??? Frankie Valli??? What genius in McCain's campaign decided that it would be good for the oldest person ever to run for a first term as president to put out a parody featuring music that was popular in the 1950s!!!??? Talk about looking old and out of touch. Of course, producing a video that rips the news media doesn't make much sense if you're trying to get more coverage, anyway.

I know that McCain didn't produce the videos himself; nor did he likely have a close watch over the other things I pointed out above (except probably the speech)...but these do not seem like the actions of a campaign staff that has the skill to come up with a winning strategy in November.

Tug -
That's the one! Who the hell puts together a parody in this election, featuring a candidate as old as McCain, with music from a half-century ago???!!! Brilliant!

McCan is desperate. He is not a good public speaker. His making gaffs left and right. Mean while, Obama can pack 70,000 people into an arena for a speech. McCain would (Deleted by Moderator. No Profanity)if 70,000 people showed up to a speech of his.

Seems a few here forget that Obama was written off as a no show prior to Iowa. Clinton was the anointed one. McCain was never expected to win. As I recall, Romney was expected to get the nomination. Obama only became news when he started winning and winning big.

McCain is on the wrong side of the issues. Iraq is yoke around the republicans neck. The religious right has fallen on hard times since so many republicans have been caught with (deleted by moderator. profanity). Just as GW was the golden child in 2000/04, now it is someone else's turn.

Obama speaks to people and gives them hope. He seems sincere in his vision for the future of this country. He has some good ideas IMO. McCain just seems DOA. More of the same crap that has not worked and I do not believe will work.

As for blaming Obama for the price of gas, yes it is stupid. Those who know anything about economics will see it for what it is. Given the number of foreclosures, the amount of credit card debt carried, and all the other economic woes, how many do you think have a firm grasp of economics? Those are the people who that ad was targeted at. And for them I suspect it will work. This country is very good at looking for someone else to blame for their misfortune. Very few are willing to look in the mirror and admit the it is the person in the mirror who screwed up.

I for one am willing to give Obama a try. He is far better than the alternative and even if he can only accomplish a little of what he wants to do, I hope we will be better for it.

You know,

EVERYONE of us regular.."Coolers" are guilty of trying to tear each other from (cyber) Limb from Limb, as we debate TAXES/S C justices/OIL, drill/NO drill/Environment...etc...etc,....the list is Very Looooong !(and we ALL can argue these issues..."Until the COWS come Home")

As for the 11/04/08 election for the POTUS,.....It's "here" that the American Electorate will look, to make the Important decision.

"HERE"..meaning,..............The Recession(that EL-CHIMPO says Doesn't exist), Inflation(where our money is akin to Monopoly money, getting MORE worthless by the day)(remember, Democrats AND Republicans......ALL carry around the SAME...1/5/10/20/50/100 dollar bills in our pockets)

Bottom line(to coin an Old Phrase).............."It's the ECONOMY..STUPID", that will elect our next president.

Thanx to the GROSS Incompetence of the "EL-CHIMPO :blink: :blink: administration(for the last 8 years),....OBAMA(a virtual unknown) will win a Mandate over McCain !

And I honestly believe, that had a "main stream" REPUG , Like a SAM Brownback/S-Ks., or Richard Lugar/S-In., or John Cornyn/S-Tx. :down: :down: been the Repug nominee, that THEY would Lose WORSE, since they are Closer to EL-CHIMPO, than Mc CAIN. !!

GWB + DIRTY DICK, have DAMAGED :up: :up: the GOP..MORE, than at any other time in GOP History,...........which means that (possibly) Al Sharpton could have won in '08.

It's NOT Rocket science......dear Republicans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???

Edited by Moderator. Please do not quote entire posts when you have no comment about anything specific in the post. If you just want to post a link, use the Add Reply button at the top of bottom of the page.

Democratic Senator Kirk Wilson (D – Texas) is an avid supporter of Baroque Obama. Listen as the Senator list all Baroque’s legislative accomplishments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4VK9wVAi0

McCan is desperate. He is not a good public speaker. His making gaffs left and right. Mean while, Obama can pack 70,000 people into an arena for a speech. McCain would (Deleted by Moderator. No Profanity)if 70,000 people showed up to a speech of his.

Seems a few here forget that Obama was written off as a no show prior to Iowa. Clinton was the anointed one. McCain was never expected to win. As I recall, Romney was expected to get the nomination. Obama only became news when he started winning and winning big.

I for one am willing to give Obama a try. He is far better than the alternative and even if he can only accomplish a little of what he wants to do, I hope we will be better for it.

For some reason the "MEDIA" forgot to mention that there was a rock concert at said arena right before Nobama made his speech.

Hmm............wonder if that had anything to do with 70,000 people being there ?

Get to the truth next time please !

For some reason the "MEDIA" forgot to mention that there was a rock concert at said arena right before Nobama made his speech.

Hmm............wonder if that had anything to do with 70,000 people being there ?

It wasn’t just any free rock concert. The band The Decemberists was the headline attraction. They are very popular in the Northwest and are known for using the National Anthem of the Soviet Union as an introduction at their concerts.

It wasn’t just any free rock concert. The band The Decemberists was the headline attraction. They are very popular in the Northwest and are known for using the National Anthem of the Soviet Union as an introduction at their concerts.

By that logic, I would assume that this band's performances are drawing 70,000 people all over the country on a regular basis. What's their big hit again???

Well, if that band is what drew 70,000 people, then why aren't McCain's people coming up with ideas that will fill some stadiums??? Are Obama's advisers really that much smarter?

The difference between a Gaffe and a Lie.

Today, Baroque Obama held a press conference in Sderot, Israel. A member of the press questioned Obama’s commitment to the security and safety of Israel. At the end of his answer Obama made this statement;

“Now, in terms of knowing my commitments, you don't have to just look at my words, you can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzb61wfyN0

The problem is, Obama is not a member of the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. Obama just made that up so he could count the committee's action as one of "my deeds."

http://obama.senate.gov/committees/

Even a Senator as inattentive to his duties as Obama certainly knows what committees he serves on. For him to fabricate the claim, that the Senate Banking Committee is "his committee," strikes me as another sign of Obama's megalomania.

Well, if that band is what drew 70,000 people, then why aren't McCain's people coming up with ideas that will fill some stadiums??? Are Obama's advisers really that much smarter?

So your logic assumes that a band that is popular in the Northwest would draw crowds over 70,000 across the country? Interesting.

Based on the amount of money spent by the Obama campaign and the “hugeâ€￾ crowds showing up at his rallies, I wonder if Obama has concerns over his small 4 point lead over McCain. I also wonder why it is that Obama refuses to debate McCain at townhall meetings. Could it be Obama is lost without a teleprompter?

So your logic assumes that a band that is popular in the Northwest would draw crowds over 70,000 across the country? Interesting.

Based on the amount of money spent by the Obama campaign and the “hugeâ€￾ crowds showing up at his rallies, I wonder if Obama has concerns over his small 4 point lead over McCain. I also wonder why it is that Obama refuses to debate McCain at townhall meetings. Could it be Obama is lost without a teleprompter?

Tug....didn't he campaign about using only public monies?

Wonder why he did a flip flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.