Mda Is On Track According To Labor Relations Mgmt.

I guess that is where you and I differ MrPlane. You want me to quit whining and get a "real" job. I want you to start acting like a union member.

I believe that saving ONE job would be a victory. Saving even ONE job would mean that the pilot group did SOMETHING in the name of brotherhood.

The fact is that a few furloughees (who also happen to be MDA instructors) saw good ol' Mike Tosi at dinner a few nights ago -- Tosi didn't even want to speak to them.

I suppose if that is all we can expect from the union leadership, then why expect any more from the rank and file?

Me? I believe that a 75 hour cap might have saved some jobs -- perhaps the jobs of people who have been members of the US Airways family for 10-15 years. Wouldn't have saved MY job -- but it sure as heck would've been the right thing for a UNION to do.

I don't expect you to understand. It's probably been years since you saw a paycheck that was less than 85 hours. How high is your negative bank up to?

Fur-again:

What you don't seem to understand is that your "brothers" who are fortunate enough to still have a job are not your enemies. And, for the record, I have NEVER had a negative bank. 85 is what I fly. How can you justify 75 hours and the jobs (hypothetically) that would save when if we went to 70 that would save even more? How is that "brotherhood" and looking out for your fellow pilots? Is the bottom guy more furlough eligible than the top guy. Your saving just ONE job and leaving the other guys swinging in the wind is espousing exactly what you are criticizing me for.

I would have shut this pig down if it had been my choice. I've been acting like a union member since working in the mills in high school. But the vast majority of our "brothers" said ok to giving up what we gave up. And yes, that includes 1800 jobs in addition to the pay cuts and pension. Because most were scared to death we would liquidate if we didn't. I voted no both times then was actively involved in recalling our PIT rep because he lied and didn't allow us a vote on the pension. And Tosi is scum as far as I'm concerned. I want them all out. We started in PIT and are working our way through the other councils. But it is nearly impossible when guys are literally scared to death by the threats from Siegel. And they are scared because the are afraid they will have to actually work for a living rather than fly airplanes. That fear, along with accepting jobs at Mesa and MDA all play into the downslide of the airline pilot profession.

You got furloughed. Apparently more than once. I don't understand why you would continue to beat a dead horse. I am sorry for your predicament but you and I are directly in charge of our lives. The difference between you and I is simply a seniority number and a date of hire. And that I would drop this flying game in a heatbeat if I could make more money somewhere else. That may very well be what I have to do when Dave pulls the plug.

mr