More Strange Midatlantic Happenings

I don't think PSA,ALG or PI would be happy with the mainline F/A's coming over to fly the EMB170 aircraft exclusively and taking their bidding/pay seniority with them.
If I were them I would have a huge problem with that.

Or, even better, why not really make it a division of mainline instead of just calling it one? Just under a seperate contract like Shuttle Inc was? Look how well US did with that major Airbus order, the folks at this company have years of experience bringing new aircraft out... Or look at how quickly MetroJet was up and flying? Starting a new company is just shady, lets look to our friends in Europe Sabena and Swissair- those companys went under and were restarted, same planes and all, by thier wholly owned regional carriers, of course at thier costs and with very few people from the "mainline". The ultimate in union busting. New conspiracy theory....? :ph34r: Start up MAA, spin it off, chapter 7 US, then MAA, the "New US Airways" buys those Airbuses etc to be operated by the MAA personell at commuter airline labor costs for long-binding contracts? I know, I'm paranoid. I hope.

My understanding is that it will operate on the U certificate. Everyone assigned there will just be making c-scale wages.

It's probably just the Dave's positioning themselves for the negotiation with PA. Everyone knows that these guys don't play unless the deck is stacked. MidAtlantic is something that they used to get the employees to agree to pulling down the scope language in their contracts (not just the pilots, but virtually ALL the groups). I don't see ANY union being real cooperative with them right now, so if they want to fly the planes anywhere, it had better be agreeable to labor.

Chip Munn said:
I believe Siegel could be scaring Pittsburgh government officials with a third-party FUD comment just before the 6-hour PIT hub meeting on Wednesday. In my opinion, the timing of the CWA comments are suspect.
YM "trying to scare." I think.

Note that even the democratic challanger (Dan Onorato) for county exec is saying that there is no good way to handle the airport situation.

I think Dave and Dave should be trying to figure out how to route these 160 aircraft thru PHL.

"US 7287, PHL ground, you are 78th for departure."

Have fun with that.

""US 7287, PHL ground, you are 78th for departure."
Have fun with that. "
---------------------------------

That's a bit generous even today. Mesa schedules our crew rest as part of our taxi-out in PHL............................... Serious. -Cape

The bankers and the ATSB want the airline industry treated just like the S&L bailout of the eighties! They want all of the failing company's brought under one management entity.(Tilton at United. he's a takeover supervisor. Texeco?) They want the managements streamlined into one. Mid Adlantic won't happen. This is not Seigle's idea but he was brought in as the man to do it.

Mid Atlantic's first pilot class begins Monday in PIT. Been there personally and spoke with some instructors at the old schoolhouse. Books are out and name tags on the desks. Course materials and computer presentations are ready to go...

a320av8r said:
Mid Atlantic's first pilot class begins Monday in PIT. Been there personally and spoke with some instructors at the old schoolhouse. Books are out and name tags on the desks. Course materials and computer presentations are ready to go...
IF ITS ANY CONSOLATION,I READ TODAY THAT u PAID THE PROPERTY TAXES ON THE SCHOOLHOUSE...oops...didn't realize i was YELLING. :D

Twicebaked:

Hi. I can tell you that I know of 2 F/A's that got hired as MAA trainers and were removed from the active F/A Catcrew list in late August. They moved to PIT and now 1 week ago appeared back on the active list. For whatever reason their training was pushed back. They have been told to come back in OCT or NOV. So something happened. Neither will talk about it.

USAirboy,

You once mentioned in a thread, and I can't recall which one", that you bring your "service senority" longevity (for pay puposes) to Mid-Atlantic. I can't remember how you phrased it but it implied that if you have 5 or so years from "mainline" you BRING that BACK with you to MAA.

This is NOT correct. Everyone will start at base "0" years at MAA, regardless of your longevity seniority from mainline. This is for "pay" purposes.

PITBull:

Uhhhhh...news to me? News to everyone I would think. I thought we got what the pilots got! If we are 5 years pay seniority at mainline we are slotted under the AA Eagle contract at 5 years pay. I asked this NUMEROUS TIMES and was told by management and union officials this WAS the case. If it is not people are going to be FURIOUS for being told byAFA officers and management something different.
Please double check this and let me know. PM me.

I don't know where you heard that, but to my knowledge pilots start at first year pay as well, no matter what their seniority is at mainline. That was part of Dave's second attempt to be labor friendly.

USAirboy,

Personally, I did not believe in the benign "liquidation" threat, neither did the PIT Local members, but the rest of the flight attendant group believed this crap, and voted the concessions with everything in it, no matter how vague the language, was.