Mechanic and Related Negotiations Update

Theres been lots of discussion on the profit sharing issue with the mechanical and related. There are those on the East who say the guys on the West don't deserve it and obviously the guys on the West feel they do. The IAM ends up looking like the bad guy in whatever happens. Now as most who frequent these boards knows I'm not a big fan of the IAM, however I think they are in a no win situation. The argument on the East is we sacrificed pay, holidays, pension, etc, etc and we have the opportunity to get a little something back, and we want it and thats a fair argument, now the guys on the West will argue there wouldn't be profits without us so we deserve some as well and that is also a valid argument! The profit sharing was a negotiated deal for the East, good for the East bad for the West, that being said we on the East only get 5 holidays I beleive you on the West get 10, bad for the East good for the West, I can go back and forth on the differences in the seperate contracts of the East and West all that being said the real blame here lies with Doug and his gang not the union. The company dosen't seem willing to give on any contractual issues, so the union shouldn't either, I do beleive the West deserves profit sharing starting at the date they started paying dues to IAM I think thats fair, I know there are those of you on the West who will disagree and I'm sorry, I love how Doug and the gang try to turn this into our hands are tied we can't do anything about, Doug can do everything about it. I'm sure trade off's could be made, give somethings back to the East that they lost in addition to whats in the transition agreement proposals and I'm sure the East wouldn't be so opposed to sharing with the profits. Like I said before don't be mad at the union be mad at the company!! The union needs to put this issue in the lap of the company right now!!

Profitsharing is a dangerous issue for the IAM, it could well finally lead to the VOTING OUT of the IAM in the East.

Profitsharing is a dangerous issue for the IAM, it could well finally lead to the VOTING OUT of the IAM in the East.

All planned out by the company.

Employees need to focus on their management who do not want to shell out one single penny to their employees on the West. They are covertly trying to pit one group against the other (A Jerry G., Ford And Harrison special technique union busting 101) and have them swap out provisions (even though the west agreements are all amendable) to keep a "cost neutral bottom line" for the company as their Execs continue to increase their compensation packages on the backs of ALL THE EMPLOYEES.

If the employees can't see this or refuse to see it and focus on what the company wants them to focus on...you will get what you deserve ... "ZERO".

All planned out by the company.

Employees need to focus on their management who do not want to shell out one single penny to their employees on the West. They are covertly trying to pit one group against the other (A Jerry G., Ford And Harrison special technique union busting 101) and have them swap out provisions (even though the west agreements are all amendable) to keep a "cost neutral bottom line" for the company as their Execs continue to increase their compensation packages on the backs of ALL THE EMPLOYEES.

If the employees can't see this or refuse to see it and focus on what the company wants them to focus on...you will get what you deserve ... "ZERO".
I agree with you 100% Pitbull but I know how my fellow employees feel about this issue.

Theres been lots of discussion on the profit sharing issue with the mechanical and related. There are those on the East who say the guys on the West don't deserve it and obviously the guys on the West feel they do. The IAM ends up looking like the bad guy in whatever happens. Now as most who frequent these boards knows I'm not a big fan of the IAM, however I think they are in a no win situation. From one of the many meetings last night. Rick said the company wants IAM to decide how to include the WEST in the profit sharing. Frank said that by the EAST contract provisions, mechanics and related should get the amount specified. Myself, I have no problem with Frank's statement. The company just doesn't want to get off the dime and give what is due to the WEST mechanics and related. The argument on the East is we sacrificed pay, holidays, pension, etc, etc and we have the opportunity to get a little something back, and we want it and thats a fair argument, now the guys on the West will argue there wouldn't be profits without us so we deserve some as well and that is also a valid argument! Both arguments are valid. The WEST wants validation for their efforts which helped earn the profit. The profit sharing was a negotiated deal for the East, good for the East bad for the West, that being said we on the East only get 5 holidays I beleive you on the West get 10, bad for the East good for the West, I can go back and forth on the differences in the seperate contracts of the East and West all that being said the real blame here lies with Doug and his gang not the union. DP has the power to act and authorize profit sharing for the WEST. The company dosen't seem willing to give on any contractual issues, so the union shouldn't either, I do beleive the West deserves profit sharing starting at the date they started paying dues to IAM I think thats fair, I know there are those of you on the West who will disagree and I'm sorry, I love how Doug and the gang try to turn this into our hands are tied we can't do anything about, Doug can do everything about it. I'm sure trade off's could be made, give somethings back to the East that they lost in addition to whats in the transition agreement proposals and I'm sure the East wouldn't be so opposed to sharing with the profits. This has nothing to do with the transition agreement, it is the company versus the WEST mechanics and related. The IAM should hold it ground. The WEST should also stand firm. Like I said before don't be mad at the union be mad at the company!! The union needs to put this issue in the lap of the company right now!![/b] Agreed, for once the IAM has come off the fence and made a rational decision. The company should do the right thing and include the WEST in the profit sharing and not tie it to the IAM EAST contract.

Still would be nice to hear more from our EAST counterparts!

Still would be nice to hear more from our EAST counterparts!
I guess that I qualify as one of your East counterparts.
I do not know of anything that I can say that has not been discussed on here already.
The bottom line is that we are still operating under two separate contracts.
I do not see anything changing until there is a decision on the "change of control" grievance.
It's evident the company is not interested in "seriously" negotiating a transition agreement until the result of the grievance is known.
So,in the mean time, it looks to me that we are stuck with our different POS contracts.
It's been written on here before, This is just your typical Jerry glASS B.S.

I guess that I qualify as one of your East counterparts.
I do not know of anything that I can say that has not been discussed on here already.
The bottom line is that we are still operating under two separate contracts.
I do not see anything changing until there is a decision on the "change of control" grievance.
It's evident the company is not interested in "seriously" negotiating a transition agreement until the result of the grievance is known.
So,in the mean time, it looks to me that we are stuck with our different POS contracts.
It's been written on here before, This is just your typical Jerry glASS B.S.
Good Post Brother I Aggree There is Not MUCH GOING to HAPPEN Till JUNE-JULY,After the Process,That is What Frank,IAM & People are saying. Thanks For the Post Brother.
MWW Q/C Insp.

Good Post Brother I Aggree There is Not MUCH GOING to HAPPEN Till JUNE-JULY,After the Process,That is What Frank,IAM & People are saying. Thanks For the Post Brother.
MWW Q/C Insp.
MWW, Thanks for your response. Looking foward to working with you guys in the West.
I'm currently working the "Q" and "C" 737 checks in CLT.[NDT Inspection].

MWW, Thanks for your response. Looking foward to working with you guys in the West.
I'm currently working the "Q" and "C" 737 checks in CLT.[NDT Inspection].
I Have Been Helping the Q/C Rcving Group With The New Septre system's. Nice Talking with Ya Brother. Just Riding the Airline/Cycle/ Hopeing to Keep Working. MWW:)

If IAM is on top of this, it will be the first thing they have been on top of since the NMB appointing them into power. I haven't seen anything to be impressed about.

The meeting conversation will go something like this: Rick will state that they are not trying to intimidate any of the techs; we want them to document their discrepancies. We would never try to make them feel that there would be repercussions, yada, yada, yada. And by the way I have my A&P certificate so I know how you feel. Rick has been so far removed from actual maintenance, he has forgotten where he came from and his certificate is probably not up to date because he has no documented maintenance activity in years. IAM's Frank will say we are concerned and looking after your best interest, we are here for you and more yada, yada, yada and no action.

Show the techs the company means what they say and fire the manager that started this fiasco in the first place. Oh, sorry they can't do that, fire him that is; it is not part of the company’s downward mobility system for management that has been in place for years. They just demote the individual back to a supervisory position at the same pay of course.

The meetings will be to calm the waters until the next time, and there will be a next time. Let the knuckle draggers vent their anger and do nothing. The holidays are over and they really appreciate that the planes got off on time in the mornings, now there is no reason to play nice and it is CYA time again.

The company is not interested in negotiating the transition agreement or anything else. They are going to slow leak the process for as many years as it takes and the IAM will continue to collect dues with little or no action on their part.

Let’s see, no pay raise in over 4 years. Do you think there could be a morale issue here?

I don’t care about the profit sharing issue, it wasn’t part of our (WEST) contract and I don’t care about DP’s bonus past or future.

Just take care of the people that you are supposed to be taking care of in the first place.

For some reason this is the most moving post i've read on US Aviation .com .... it's like the poster has the inner gift of seeing throu all the world's bull #### and cuts right to the point . geez i wish we had people like YOU in the IAM managment , or any union for that matter .

Back