Mechanic and Related Negotiations Update

IMHO, The IAM should not be negotiating a transition agreement with this company [right now] ANYWAY.
IAM should wait until the the result of the 'change of control' grievance is known.
All the company is trying to do is low ball the union. [IAM, DO NOT SELL US SHORT !]

Typical nonsense from the company - they have managed to get themselves through another session with nothing done. Sad part is that I had to go in and get my city badge renewed and was told prior to the meeting by one of the company team that nothing was going to get done this session. They planned this -- or so it seems.

I would like to know what cities Huele was conducting these crew meetings? Scheduled a Q&A at the hangar at 930am, nice time for 2nd and 3rd shifts to attend!! No many were able to show up. Did know he was in Philly this week over at A Con. Walked in with no introduction and most of the guys did not even know who he was, some thought he was IT. Asked how the now computer system in Mtc was coming along, was suprised when the majority said it was a piece of S****!!! State of the art he claimed? (maybe 20 yrs ago)!!

Then they found out who he was and it started!!! Did not seem to know any details of the negotiations, nor did he offer any when asked. He was getting hammered pretty good by the guys when being ushered out.....

Now most are waiting for Higginbotham to stop over for a visit!! :p Really doubt you will ever see him in Philly!!!

IT's hard to believe anything from the IAM anymore after the profit sharing fiasco. :angry:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Amazing U found 12B in cash/financing to buy Delta. Yet only 2 1/2 years ago they where so "broke" they screwed me out of most of my pension & benefits, not to mention getting laid off also. :down: :down: :down:

Walking is good for you. So at work always walk never run. When the boss tells you to run over to aircraft on the gate. Just walk it's good for you! Also remember Safety and By The Book and the FAA requires you to have Paper Work on you for each and ever job no matter how long it takes. If we all East and West do the same thing at the same time I am sure the COMPANY will notice our fine efforts in making this a Safe and Healthy Airline and try to work harder on the Negotiations to support the hard working employees of this new airline And this way we would not have to do some stupid thing like a illegal Job Action. :lol:

I would like to see a transition agreement in place when we switch to one certificate. Now is not the time to try and negotiate a new contract just make a few adjustments to our current one. Forget trying to get the IAM pension plan for now. We will start negotiating a new contract at the end of 2009. As far as waiting for the change of control agreement, the company will be dragging that out as long as it can.

could the company drag it out until '09 and then try sec 6 for both to come under a new cba??? 09 is not that far away.....

I would like to see a transition agreement in place when we switch to one certificate. Now is not the time to try and negotiate a new contract just make a few adjustments to our current one. Forget trying to get the IAM pension plan for now. We will start negotiating a new contract at the end of 2009. As far as waiting for the change of control agreement, the company will be dragging that out as long as it can.
We in the west have been negotiating with them since OCTOBER 2003 with the IBT and now the IAM. We know how they DRAG THEIR FEET. :angry: We had better get on it NOW or you will be stuck (pay freeze)at this till 2012 or longer. :down: Trust us in the west on this! :up: NEW BOSS SAME AS THE OLD BOSS SAME TRICKS AND STALLS. :down:

We in the west have been negotiating with them since OCTOBER 2003 with the IBT and now the IAM. We know how they DRAG THEIR FEET. :angry: We had better get on it NOW or you will be stuck (pay freeze)at this till 2012 or longer. :down: Trust us in the west on this! :up: NEW BOSS SAME AS THE OLD BOSS SAME TRICKS AND STALLS. :down:

Pay attention to this man... he speaks the truth! Do you know WHY the company would stall and stall and stall? It saves money .....

I agree with you , WALK don't run .... do EVERYTHING by the book . It's only going to be a matter of time before the east get's fired up , and once THAT happens it's going to be on like donkey kong !

Pay attention to this man... he speaks the truth! Do you know WHY the company would stall and stall and stall? It saves money .....

I agree with you , WALK don't run .... do EVERYTHING by the book . It's only going to be a matter of time before the east get's fired up , and once THAT happens it's going to be on like donkey kong !
To many whimps out east except PHL. The people in PIT think if they work harder they will keep PIT open. Ha Ha. Huele said in PIT the other day that he doesn't like the no lay-off language and wants to outsource all heavy. He is trying to make M&R nervous so they will give up Article 3 to save their jobs. Of course the iam will give it up anyway to save dues payers. It will cost M&R plenty. More consessions on the way!!! I can hear the replacements packing their bags as I write. Hey... it worked for NW. The time to act is NOW!!!! The End

To many whimps out east except PHL. The people in PIT think if they work harder they will keep PIT open. Ha Ha. Huele said in PIT the other day that he doesn't like the no lay-off language and wants to outsource all heavy. He is trying to make M&R nervous so they will give up Article 3 to save their jobs. Of course the iam will give it up anyway to save dues payers. It will cost M&R plenty. More consessions on the way!!! I can hear the replacements packing their bags as I write. Hey... it worked for NW. The time to act is NOW!!!! The End

Good point Dude......isn't it interesting the leases for PIT maintenance areas all expire in '09?
Then they go month to month while contract neg's go on forever....
Work faster...spina's watching :lol:

You folks in the east have to remember that this is alot of the same management group that tried to outsource almost all maintanence in 95. I have been saying all along and no one wants to listen " Parker is Franke with a candy coating". We have to break them down and make them negociate while the Feds are looking closely at this merger. If we wait - we lose, and it won't just be a few jobs. Trust them no farther than you would a rattlesnake or an exwife.

Huele was in charlotte on thursday morning early afternoon, I guess a few on 1st asked a few questions but from what I understand nobody was really interested in hearing what he had to say! Those that did attend said typical dog and pony show wouldnt answer any tough questions about the change of control or transition agreement, I beleive he did make a comment about transition agreement would determine if more work would be coming in house which was code for what is the IAM willing to give up for a couple of more checks! I wasnt there personally (3rd) shift thing, hopefully someone who was there can give an overview, heaven forbid he make himself avaiable to more than one shift might get in the way of the golfing with Doug! Just a side note you guys in PIT remember INT got checks out on time always very seldom worked ot and in the end it didnt matter dont be fooled in to thinking if we do a good job the company will notice you guys should know by now THE COMPANY DOSEN'T CARE!!

Back