IAM Vote Results

Baja4U said:
Won't be long before the rape artists are back for MORE!!!! :down:
[post="241103"][/post]​
i got some k-y if youd like . the warming kind too. it feels so good it hurts. now bend over. lol

wahoos said:
Usairrwe,
I for one am honestly tired of people blaming "management"! Who specifically are you blaming? It's like saying "they" suck, who are "they?" Be specific because the "management" today is much different than the management we had a year ago and five years ago. The board of directors is also fairly new to US Airways - so when people blame management, who are you referring to other than just a blame name? Who by the way are made up of a lot of people you and I have worked with for many years.

When Wolf and Gangwal were here everyone blamed the management - well they left and we had Dave Siegel and everyone blamed the management - and now its Lakefield and you are still blaming management – as if it’s the same people year after year. The players have changed so many times over the past 10 years because the company has sucked so bad that the members of "management" who college degrees and transferable skills keep bailing out to companies who pay them what they are worth, give them benefits and tuition reimbursement, and do extremely well. Then we promote or hire whoever will work for peanuts and who are willing to risk losing their job in weeks or months - guess what - we don't get the best talent in the management ranks these days.

Anyone in management with half a brain would have bailed out by now and many have. You would be surprised to see how many middle managers who were actually skilled have left CCY. I have been here for 25 years and started on the ramp. I find it hard to believe we have paid a person (including myself) $40,000+ to load bags on an airplane, not to mention the other $25,000 in benefits. This is non-skilled labor and we have been spoiled for years and are finally making about what we really deserve. Like it or not. I laughed at the Reservation agents stating that the concession stand was closed. Where are they going to go with their high-school education and make $35,000 a year sitting on their tail in their pajamas tallking on the phone? Most of us realize that a high school diploma and 20 years of reservation, ramp, or customer service doesn’t get us diddly in the tough employment market today. I hope people finally begin to realize that we have made a great living over the years considering what we really bring to the table.

We need to quit blaming each other and make a decision. Work here and give 100% and support our company or get the heck out of here. Nobody is forced to work here. We have options every day and I wish some of the complainers of this company would exercise their options and leave.

Wheeewww...Thanks for allowing me to vent. I have wanted to say this for a long time.
[post="241097"][/post]​

I can name specific but I am sure I would be sent to the cornfield but doing so...

Having been with this company for 20 years, all at the airports, and do know some people who have gone to the crystal palace from the airports... I also know that Lakefield and the BOD are new, however most of middle management have been around awhile and of course a few seniors as well, and I honestly believe that most if not all of them are mere yes people, with no accountability for there actions and or direction... what should have and does happen are two different things...

Most if not all direction is mandated from theory and or whats on paper, but relality it does not work most of the time... this direction and theory relates to manning/staffing and irregular opps....

I do personally give 100 percent at work and then some, however that being said, I know of others who are not worth a damn and I too wish they would leave, from agents, to rampers, to maint., to managers, to station managers to Senior management (lets not forget them)..... I blame Lakefield for either is inability to lead and or his lack of knowledge to know what goes on in the field... If my station manager is anything like the middle managers at the Crystal Palace, then Lakefield will never know of any problems or do anything about them, since he does not have a clue.... and that a shame..... I do want to see this company survive and even prosper, I have never denied that...

No matter how you look at this, it all comes down to the mighty dollar. The mechanics knowing 55K is still good money for now. When you talk management, it also comes down to the their mighty bonus. YES, your overtime not being there. All comes down to management and I mean the middle management you speak of. The better they stick to budget - the better their pockets get lined. And sometimes to the determent of the company in lost revenue. Upper management can not possibly know every detail of what goes on and so to some degree I agree that some middle management should go out the door along with the IAM that lost out. There is way to much management on your property which have not proved their usefulness. How many middle management actually works 2nd and 3rd shift when the s#i% hits? From what is known, not many. Most like that 7 - 4 shift, weekends off or the great 1 weekend a month rotation. Most are home with their families on holidays and weekends and they only took at most 5%!!!!!!
If U is to succeed, an organizational restructuring chart needs to be redrawn!

UseYourHead said:
Okay,

So now lets move on and start fighting the real enemy, THE COMPETITION!
[post="241082"][/post]​

The real enemy is the INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT that put the airline in the current condition.[The same problem at AA and Delta.]
Other airlines are not your problem!

Wow, a fair amount above half, and that means many of those effected voted yes too.

Rico said:
Wow, a fair amount above half, and that means many of those effected voted yes too.
[post="241119"][/post]​
[/quot

the word is: 700uw voted for it.

but i dont belive it.,....

Rico said:
[post="241119"][/post]​
That's what happens when the company sweetens the pot, people were only concerned with the severance pay!! :unsure:

Well one thing is for sure. Now that the dust has cleared, the pressure is squarely on the shoulders of this multi-million dollar, very talented management team. :unsure: They have won the battles with labor, now it's the time to win the war within the industry which IMO will decide Us fate. Lets hope they can do it.

speedbird86 said:
Well one thing is for sure. Now that the dust has cleared, the pressure is squarely on the shoulders of this multi-million dollar, very talented management team. :unsure: They have won the battles with labor, now it's the time to win the war within the industry which IMO will decide Us fate. Lets hope they can do it.
[post="241132"][/post]​
exactly

There was no battle with labor. A very dumb judge bailed on his responsibility to be neutral and gave management a unique responsibility to have every thing they wanted.

The question here is. In a perfect world can you still find a way to to screw things up?