IAM Vote Results

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Thats the funniest thing I have read all day! You sir, are BLIND! LMAO..good lord I get a chuckle out of some of the ignorace and arrognace that is posted on here.
[post="241135"][/post]​

Do you have a pair of rose colored glasses that you can loan me?Maybe then I'll see things your way.

In case you haven't heard the news,Delta set a record for the most losses ever in 1 year by an airline.They are going to be too busy fixing their own house to be a problem for USAir.

wahoos said:
Usairrwe,
I for one am honestly tired of people blaming "management"!
[post="241097"][/post]​

Would that be the same management that still has a pension ?

Would that be the same management that took a fraction of the pay cut that was forced on labor ?

Would that be the same management that gets an extra weeks vacation ?

Would that be the same management that is still eligible for bonuses ?

Would that be the same management that still gets paid 100 % when they can't come to work due to illness ?

Would that be the same management that still observes all of the holidays and gets paid to do so ?

I for one can see why you are " honestly tired of people blaming "management"!

linemech.

PineyBob said:
Sell your soul??? It's a job for Christ sake. Get over it and live life, it's way way to long to harbor all of this bitterness.
[post="241216"][/post]​

Your miles are safe......at least for now.

Posted on Sat, Jan. 22, 2005
Airline secures deal with 4th union
Machinists give US Airways final set of worker concessions
TONY MECIA AND STAN CHOE
Staff Writers

US Airways' machinists' union agreed to a new cost-cutting contract Friday, capping the airline's effort to wrest $1.1 billion a year from workers and positioning it to try to attract the new investment needed to stay afloat.

Story

January 21, 2005

US Airways 1113© Vote Results

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

With 79 percent of the active membership participating, 62 percent of District 141 members at US Airways have voted to accept a contract offer that provides the airline with more than $93 million in annual savings and prevents complete abrogation of the collective bargaining agreement.

Despite efforts by the Fleet Service Negotiating Committee to alter the company’s original October term sheet proposal, the terms ultimately presented to members reflect a bankruptcy process tilted heavily against employees. As one IAM member described the 1113© process, “We had a knife at our back and a gun to our head.â€￾

Among the significant achievements of the IAM negotiating committee: preserving the industry-leading defined benefit pension plan for Fleet Service members; preventing unrestricted outsourcing of all job classifications and maintaining health care coverage for members and their families.

I want to acknowledge the Committee’s efforts throughout this extraordinary and difficult period. Your negotiators made certain the company’s representatives were fully aware of members’ issues, concerns and frustrations in both large and small locations. In no way is the company’s final offer a reflection of their commitment and loyalty to their fellow members.

In the weeks and months to come, we will hopefully see an improvement in the conditions that led US Airways and four other airlines to seek bankruptcy protection. It is not encouraging, however, to see the price of jet fuel rising or airline executives who willingly engage in destructive fare wars.

One thing is certain: US Airways management is once again indebted to its employees for the chance they have given this carrier. We expect them to use this opportunity wisely and make every effort to restore this airline in a manner that respects the sacrifice you have made.

Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141

700UW said:
January 21, 2005

Among the significant achievements of the IAM negotiating committee: preserving the industry-leading defined benefit pension plan for Fleet Service members; preventing unrestricted outsourcing of all job classifications and maintaining health care coverage for members and their families.

[post="241259"][/post]​
Oh my Gawd. Can someone advise me the procedure to become a "dues objector?"

Really,

So DAL cutting fares 50% accross-the-board is not a problem for the industry? What rock do you live under?

That is a problem for JetBlue and AirTran too. The enemy is our competition, don't lose sight of that, it never was management.

I am unhappy too with how my career has gone here, but if US Airways could have continued charging extremely high airfares as it did in the 70/80/90's, we would not be where we are today, we used to be a darlingof the industry (from an earnings standpoint anyway).

Why are we no longer? CASM and relentless competition attacking us from all sides, becuase until now we could even begin to compete...just tuck our tail between our legs and run.

goingboeing said:
Do you have a pair of rose colored glasses that you can loan me?Maybe then I'll see things your way.

In case you haven't heard the news,Delta set a record for the most losses ever in 1 year by an airline.They are going to be too busy fixing their own house to be a problem for USAir.
[post="241166"][/post]​