Mechanics and rampers and welders wanted

I am sure that this new possible station needs a few good men like NHBB....RV4...and Bob Owens......

NWA Wants to Fly to Iraq

Northwest Airlines has asked the U.S. Department of Transportation for permission to begin flying from Detroit to Iraq, with a stop in Amsterdam. Northwest spokesman Bill Mellon said Thursday that, if approved, the frequency of the flights would depend on demand. Northwest would serve the route with DC-10 aircraft, he said.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest''s alliance partner, also has applied for permission to fly into Baghdad, Mellon said. If both carriers are granted permission, he said Northwest and KLM would discuss how to best serve the market. Northwest anticipates there will be public interest in flights to Baghdad now that the fighting has, for the most part, ended, he said.

U.S. carriers now are prohibited from providing commercial air service to Iraq. Northwest said it was filing its application now in anticipation that restrictions will be lifted once the country is sufficiently stabilized. Baghdad is one of the few major cities in the Middle East that Northwest and KLM do not jointly serve, So for our market development, it seemed like a logical request to add Baghdad to the Northwest-KLM route system, Mellon said.

Mellon could not predict how long it will take for the DOT to make a decision on the request. They''ll wait to see if another (major) U.S. airline also applies and then make the decision based on the applications they receive, he said. World Airways Inc. and North American Airlines Inc. also have filed applications seeking authority to provide service to Iraq. Mellon said there have been restrictions on service into Baghdad since the first Gulf War.

That''s going to change now, he said. There''s a lot of work to be done

I don't think AA's going anywhere near the Mideast anytime soon, through TWA they still have slots in TLV which they opted not to use. Besides AA stands for America(n) with it's Red-White-Blue livery.

Northwest however is getting a new livery, where the letters N.W. A. are large and bold is all you really see.

If AA truely wants to become the globe-trotting leader then they have to lessen the 'Hawk ', I mean Eagle.

Hey, I'm surprised we still fly to CDG.

AA, UA, and DL already have authority to fly to Iraq. AA''s fall under Route 602, as well as under Route 147 which was acquired from TWA.

Northwest''s ability to get an exception to fly to Iraq hinges on whether or not the existing authorities are being used. If AA, UA, or DL announces service, it will lessen the likelyhood of NW getting their exception.

I wasnt saying AA should fly there soon I was refering to NHBB...RV4>>>and Bob Owens should transfer there

No need to get upest about the comments.

Time will tell who the majority is...

The Disgruntled Workforce, or those that think a few leaving for another Country is all they need for survival.

I know where my bet is!

Rhetoric is cheap and easy to spew, the proof is in the success or failure of the airline.

Latest posts

Back