Media Day Picket a success!

Ah typical, you try to attack instead of debating.

At US we didnt have a "non-union" system for parts.

Once again you post things that you have no idea about.

Dont let the facts get in your way, once again.

Come back when you can actually debate the topic at hand with knowledge and not try to attack a poster.

How is informational picketing on PUBLIC Property disturbing US Executives and media from eating lunch?

Guess I never knew eating lunch is such a critical function to keep an airline running.
LOL. First you knee-jerk react to things I didn't say because you can't get passed your own biases and then attack me as one not knowing what I'm talking about. I'm poking fun at your union buddies claim that CHAOS is coming (because I know that is impossible until they get released many eons from now) and your response is to tell me I don't know the process and am advocating illegal actions. Very funny really to see how willing you are to attack rather than agree with me that CHAOS or even a strike vote is something that is coming anytime soon.

As for STORES I never said anything about parts. My reference was to PAX supplies that constantly run out in the STORES stations because the process at those stations was broken by the incompetence of the union personnel responsible for maintaining stocking levels. The stations were so frustrated that they were willing to do anything to get around using STORES but they couldn't because the incompetents would file a grievance. Failure in every respect and just another example of the damage unions do.

Actually your wrong again, the convenience items stocked on planes is an automated system set up by Management.

And the ramp or vendors are responsible for letting stores know supplies are low.

Your wrong again, quite shocking!

And if someone isnt doing their job its management's job to correct it, so I guess management isnt doing their job now.

You make this too easy.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually your wrong again, the convenience items stocked on planes is an automated system set up by Management.

And the ramp or vendors are responsible for letting stores know supplies are low.

Your wrong again, quite shocking!

And if someone isnt doing their job its management's job to correct it, so I guess management isnt doing their job now.

You make this too easy.
You couldn't be more wrong and this time it's unquestionably you who has no idea what you are talking about. Oh well, I'll let you live in your ignorance.

I know what I am talking about did the job for over seven years as a clerk.

Prove me wrong then.

Reactions: 2 people
I know what I am talking about did the job for over seven years as a clerk.

Prove me wrong then.
Yes, yes, I'm sure you must be right. The STORES stations never ran out of pax supplies because the clerks were doing their jobs perfectly. And there was never a grievance discussion about removing pax supplies out of STORES and putting them back into the distribution channel to lower costs and eliminate stock outs. A move that was opposed by the union who would rather perpetuate a broken process at the expense of everyone else. It must have been a hallucination. Ignorance is bliss so they say.

US only had 28 mtc stations and not all of them were all three shifts. Where there was utility stationed it was automatic ordering that kept the stations stocked. If a station was low on supplies stores could be made aware of it and order it, or supervision could call distribution for an order.

And last time I checked the IAM and US had a legal and binding agreement that the movement and stocking of parts and items was a Stock Clerk job. So the company agreed it was our work, so if someone else did, yes it was a grievance, that is how it is, its the law under the RLA.

And management set up the system on how things are ordered and stocked, not the workers.

Guess you must be jealous cause your hatred of stores is showing.

And passenger convenience items are shipped first available, how the company wants it.

And did you ever think sometimes the vendor supplying US ran out of items?

Happens all the time.

Like I said, Don't let the Facts get in your way!

Stores is the work area where all the parts and every single item US Airways uses for maintenance and passenger convenience is housed.

CLT and PIT are the two main distribution centers in the system, now along with PHX.

In CLT its behind and attached to the MTC Hangar.

US only had 28 mtc stations and not all of them were all three shifts. Where there was utility stationed it was automatic ordering that kept the stations stocked. If a station was low on supplies stores could be made aware of it and order it, or supervision could call distribution for an order.

And last time I checked the IAM and US had a legal and binding agreement that the movement and stocking of parts and items was a Stock Clerk job. So the company agreed it was our work, so if someone else did, yes it was a grievance, that is how it is, its the law under the RLA.

And management set up the system on how things are ordered and stocked, not the workers.

Guess you must be jealous cause your hatred of stores is showing.

And passenger convenience items are shipped first available, how the company wants it.

And did you ever think sometimes the vendor supplying US ran out of items?

Happens all the time.

Like I said, Don't let the Facts get in your way!
Well you don't want facts to get in the way and yet you now admit that which you were originally denying - that the clerks were responsible for handling these utility items in STORES. And I thought you wouldn't be capable of admitting you were wrong.

Everyone should hate STORES. It it inefficient and unnecessarily expensive thanks to the union. If you want to run an airline that controls costs for everyone's benefit (employees, customers, shareholders) this is not the way to do it. One of the many problems with unions is that they aren't interested in the successful operation of the company and thus create the problems they turn around and blame management for. Then they wonder why there is a near constant reduction in the number of airline workers when companies can no longer pay for all of these efficiencies.

Funny how every time STORES ran out of PAX supplies a simple phone call to Tempe would result in immediately transferring stock from the distribution channel to STORES who somehow mysteriously ran out without placing a stocking order.

Once again your wrong.

Utility items were stored in the Utility area, not at line stores or at Distribution. Stores delivered them and put them up and Utility used them, the ordering is an automated process.

It is not the Stock Clerk job to maintain inventory at Distribution. The computer system and Buyers were in charge of that.

Once again you have no idea of what your talking about.

Guess you dont know Stores in CLT found Millions in inventory when we redid several aisles in Distribution that the computer system said we didnt have.

Your hatred towards stores shows, whats a matter did a Stock Clerk steal your wife or girlfriend?

And Stores is a valuable part of the airline, we warehouse Hundreds of thousands parts.

I guess you dont know unions saved US Airways several times since 1992 with concessions.

You really have no clue of what transpires everyday, many stock clerks including myself have gone about and beyond to find parts to save a flight.

And when are you going to show us that I am wrong and your right?

Refute me item by item like an adult instead of spewing hatred for hard working union members who sacrificed to keep US in business.

Oh wait, you cant cause I am right and your wrong!

Seriously 700 I wouldn't bother anymore. You might as well go outside and have a conversation with a tree. Meanwhile I'm gonna go and study all I can about CHAOS since most of us don't know anything about it. :lol: Tempe will know what CHAOS is soon enough. ;)

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with you Travelpro, I have proved this anti-union poster wrong.

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

CHAOS is awesome!

Reactions: 3 people
Ya know, I went to bed last night with the fact that my being a union member is bringing down the country. I didn't realize that I was part of the problem. Damn unions. Ok now where on Earth is my CHAOS shirt? Uhhhhh there it is....does it still fit? :lol: Oh and it's green too just in time for Christmas. Ho Ho Ho! ! ! !

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you 700! I remember the last CHAOS 1999 I was in BOS at that time and it came to the 11th hr or something that a settlement was offered to the F/As Good Luck now F/As

Interesting history on that night in March 2000. UAL walked into the Washington Hilton Hotel at about 11:00pm and made it known to USAirways execs, this was not going to happen. Cut a deal. Only a short few weeks later in May 2000, the UAL-US deal was announced.