Media Day Picket a success!

US Airways Flight Attendants picketed in front of CHQ today sending a message that they have had enough, that 5 years of stalled contract negotiations and concessionary proposals is unacceptable. Toward the end of the picket the group moved into a public area on the east side of the building facing the open courtyard while executives and media personnel attempted to enjoy a catered lunch provided by US Airways; only to be interrupted by the demonstration of solidarity.

Tempe police were called to 111 Rio Salado Parkway due to the disruption only to be befuddled by AFA LEC Vice President Deborah Volpe as she pointed out to police officers that a city map cited that the entrance to CHQ is considered part of 2nd Street in Downtown Tempe and is not company property but public. The luncheon was then moved inside to the lobby of CHQ.

The AFA members picketing were joined by US Airways pilots to show their support as a mobile bilboard advertising the pilot debaucle circled the block that is home to US Airways CHQ.

Thanks to all that attended today and please stay informed regarding upcoming events.

Real nice. So we have a group of union thugs picketing and acting like three year old girls. Grow the hell up.

Reactions: 5 people
Are you serious?

Why doesnt Doug give them a fair contract after FIVE years of negotiations.

Get a clue.

Reactions: 4 people
Real nice. So we have a group of union thugs picketing and acting like three year old girls. Grow the hell up.

Stand By For Incoming

You do realize that if it had been oh say 1940 those picketers may well have been shot at by Company Gun Thugs?

Somehow I'm having a real hard time with the visual of a work group that is 70% female with most over 40 and probably 50% of the remaining 30% males are Gay as being a threatening mob of "Union Thugs".

Also while I'm good and pissed off, What is so wrong with a lawful public gathering? Did we revert to 1938 Germany while I was away?

I'm not going to recite the litany of benefits brought to you and me as a result of "Union Thugs" which is a complete horse crap as if you go back in history far more union members were shot and killed than company thugs or police. But hey, never allow facts to interfere with a good solid attack on working people who have the testosterone to stand and be heard

Reactions: 5 people
At first I thought this person maybe be a pilot (USA330300), but I could not imagine any sane pilot making an assinine remark like that...

We no longer have any sane pilots .....they all were forced to retire or left voluntarily. Only thing we have now is youthful ignorance with macho bravado.

Reactions: 2 people
We no longer have any sane pilots .....they all were forced to retire or left voluntarily. Only thing we have now is youthful ignorance with macho bravado.

well judging from the raging commentary and insightful wisdom being displayed on the now 1550 page pilot thread I can understand why you'd say that

Seriously 700 I wouldn't bother anymore. You might as well go outside and have a conversation with a tree. Meanwhile I'm gonna go and study all I can about CHAOS since most of us don't know anything about it. :lol: Tempe will know what CHAOS is soon enough. ;)
What would be funny is if AFA could get Coca-Cola to "sponsor" CHAOS...........heck they do napkins, HHD credit card holders and announcement books. What better way for America's Biggest Soft Drink Company to play both sides against each other. Have a nice T-shirt with the COKE logo and sponsorship of Unrest. If NOT Coke I would insist on Ringling Brothers. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
What would be funny is if AFA could get Coca-Cola to "sponsor" CHAOS...........heck they do napkins, HHD credit card holders and announcement books. What better way for America's Biggest Soft Drink Company to play both sides against each other. Have a nice T-shirt with the COKE logo and sponsorship of Unrest. If NOT Coke I would insist on Ringling Brothers. :lol:
Or Budweiser would be a good choice........using the infamous photo of "Rosie the Riveteer" from WW2 days.............and when it comes to picketing everyone can bring one of those Budweiser logoed Ice Mallets and throw them in unison at the Sandcastle.

Reactions: 2 people