Senior Management To Implement New Travel NON-Rev Policy

I really could care less about the policy, but I am so tired of the notion that we EASTIES are out to take the WESTIES over and take it all. That it is about us. Well, to me, the compromise of such senority ladden paranoia is, just go :censored: fcfs already. I'm over it.

In the meantime, a WESTIE asked me when we were all going to come flooding into the PHX base. I hope she is not an example of the WESTIES or it is true of what we here on the east about the west being uninformed. Anyway, I told her "Well, were hitching up the horses to the wagons and all 5200 are on our way." AS IF! :eek: I actually got in a good laugh. :up: She wasn't amused.

Ok, as Forrest Gump said, "that's all I have to say about that."
I must say mostly everyone here on the west has been nice to me and the rest of the gang who came over from the east. There somewhat hesitate. But they do have the questions about when the east is coming to take over. Or what will my seniority date be when we intergrate. I tell them and they don't like it. I had a fa try to take my position from me when I came onto his trip....he thought I was new...I told him I was from the east....he knew he was wrong. They do not like it when we get together and talk about the differences w/ the companies but hey there are alot of things the east does better that the west. bottom line.
I could careless if we go doh or fcfs...cause when it all comes down to it....does our opinion really matter?

You mean the severance package that was drastically reduced two weeks before the cuts were announced? Yep I got that one. And unemployement too. Having paid into it for twenty years I needed it one time in my life when crazed radicals flew planes into buildings and changed my career.

-"Smack off??"

Gained all the knowledge you'll ever need without anothers viewpoint necessary I see... that mindset have served unions so well these last couple of decades.

yea stay that course.

Your employer pays Unemployment insurance. You don't pay into it like some kind of account. Its not Social Security.

In the meantime, a WESTIE asked me when we were all going to come flooding into the PHX base. I hope she is not an example of the WESTIES or it is true of what we here on the east about the west being uninformed. Anyway, I told her "Well, were hitching up the horses to the wagons and all 5200 are on our way." AS IF! :eek: I actually got in a good laugh. :up: She wasn't amused.

Great come back! :up: Love it...

American - First come, first serve
Southwest - first come, first serve
America West - first come, first serve
Delta - First come, first serve
United - ?
Northwest - seniority
US airways - seniority
If the company wants to get rid of those old bags, change it to first come, first serve!
American pilots DOH

I have alot a respect for the EASTIES who have stuck in there...not because they can't do anything else...but because they like what they do. Yes, it is our responsibilty for our own happiness, but there are very few that can keep up the happy face after years of uncertainty. I have seen SOOO many professional employees turn cold and bitter. I hate to say this, but at least past US management LOVED that stuff. Make everyone so miserable they will want to leave. It seems like DP doesn't do that but if negotiations is a sign, then things really haven't changed.

Let me get this straight, East F/A's like what they do, but they are cold and bitter, and can't keep a happy face :blink: . Sounds like you guys need prozac pez despencer in the galleys :p .

After you have taken three rounds of concession in three years, seen thousands of your coworkers get furloughed, seen your fleet get chopped in half and executives rewarded with millions for failures, kind hard to be so happy all the time.

Your employer pays Unemployment insurance. You don't pay into it like some kind of account. Its not Social Security.

Not true. Employees pay .009% the employer pays the rest. But the bigger picture is this. When R.Fuhr & Co elected to offer invols to the f/a's and let them collect unemployment, when they didn't have to, and could have just cut the positions and saved millions. (like my position and how did you so compasionately put it? not special..useless somthing...dismissed) And by doing that, in turn, increased the expenses US incurred thereby affecting all workers.

Now personally I think it was a good thing and the right thing to do. And don't fret over me as my new career is just cool.

But that unwavering hatred of management you and union officials hold doesn't let you consider such things.

And considering my bro still works there, many many many friends and former co-workers I like to occasionally opine in and correct some of the inbreeding rhetoric that unfortunately still abounds.

Not true. Employees pay .009% the employer pays the rest. But the bigger picture is this. When R.Fuhr & Co elected to offer invols to the f/a's and let them collect unemployment, when they didn't have to, and could have just cut the positions and saved millions. (like my position and how did you so compasionately put it? not special..useless somthing...dismissed) And by doing that, in turn, increased the expenses US incurred thereby affecting all workers.

Now personally I think it was a good thing and the right thing to do. And don't fret over me as my new career is just cool.

But that unwavering hatred of management you and union officials hold doesn't let you consider such things.

And considering my bro still works there, many many many friends and former co-workers I like to occasionally opine in and correct some of the inbreeding rhetoric that unfortunately still abounds.

Hey narrowview,

If there was NO uneployment in the overall VFLR package or VF package, Management and company would be paying out much higher labor wage cost. Why, cause the company would have furloughed the bottom half of the junior workforce (like 6000)! furlouging from the bottom is contractual...UNIONS came up with renegotiating incentives for seniors to be furloughed. Shows me how NARROW your viewpoint really is. USAirways was downsizing and job losses and unemployment would have been paid out whether it was the senior workforce furlough or junior.

You do what for a living again...hopefully not in management, your clueless with Labor Relations.

With regard to unemployment, in PA (and certain states) unemployment has to reach a % before payroll deduction of the .009% comes out of your pay check. Which comes to approx. <$1.00 per pay from the average worker in PA. And when the unemployment % drops in the state, the deduction is deleted. The deduction started in 2003 in PA.

Your spouting some misinformation when you say you've been paying for the past 20 years towards unemployment comepensation.

You mispoke!

Let me get this straight, East F/A's like what they do, but they are cold and bitter, and can't keep a happy face :blink: . Sounds like you guys need prozac pez despencer in the galleys :p .

So you have had all 5200 f/a's on your flights. Sounds like the cold bitter person is you. So far every post you have written has been cold and hostile. There are MANY f/a's on the East busting their asses WITH SMILES, HUMOR, and RESPECT to the best of humans and then those the likes of you. May I suggest that if you are so over us, take your business elsewhere. As the great Herb Keller (you know, the former SWA ceo that has eatten our lunch for years) said...the customer is not always right. In this case, I agree with Herb

furlouging from the bottom is contractual...UNIONS came up with renegotiating incentives for seniors to be furloughed.

So? Don't confuse your specific union's perk i.e seniority, with every other employees concern. You should want to! Did the FAA concede money to the company in the deal by negotiating incentives for the seniors?

Actually PB I saw a significant slice of the Vf program have nothing to do with 9/11 or personal misfortune as a result of some of those incentives. Rather some playing the system made out very well. I personally know many. Or the dozens and dozens that declared themselves suddenly healed from OIJ because you had to be active status to take it. Ah nothing like the healing power of not having to work for money.

You do what for a living again...hopefully not in management, your clueless with Labor Relations.

Yes yes I am clueless about labor relations

So you have had all 5200 f/a's on your flights. Sounds like the cold bitter person is you. So far every post you have written has been cold and hostile. There are MANY f/a's on the East busting their asses WITH SMILES, HUMOR, and RESPECT to the best of humans and then those the likes of you. May I suggest that if you are so over us, take your business elsewhere. As the great Herb Keller (you know, the former SWA ceo that has eatten our lunch for years) said...the customer is not always right. In this case, I agree with Herb

I didn't say that one of your F/A's did, I was being sarcastic :p A FA said everyone likes there job but is cold, bitter etc.. I thought it was a b.s. statement. The prozac statement was reference to that mentally unsound statement. :D

lighen up francis :rolleyes:

And if the system is only web based, suppose you are on a layover without the benefit of a computer and web access? I suspect that not even half of pilots carry a computer with them on trips, and probably less than 20% of flight attendants.

Maybe a couple of years ago this might apply. But I do believe pretty much any hotel that we put our crews up in on layovers has a business center with a computer that has internet access. Amazing is it not?

Obviously you don't stay in crew hotels. Do not speak of which you know nothing.

So? Don't confuse your specific union's perk i.e seniority, with every other employees concern. You should want to! Did the FAA concede money to the company in the deal by negotiating incentives for the seniors?

Actually PB I saw a significant slice of the Vf program have nothing to do with 9/11 or personal misfortune as a result of some of those incentives. Rather some playing the system made out very well. I personally know many. Or the dozens and dozens that declared themselves suddenly healed from OIJ because you had to be active status to take it. Ah nothing like the healing power of not having to work for money.
Yes yes I am clueless about labor relations

Your post made absolutely no sense.

"Concede money to the company"?? What does that mean exactly. The company wanted huge paycuts because their argument was U population of workers was by majority senior. And, they continued to banter that in order to survive, they would have to furlough and the wages would have to decrease.That's all we heard spued out of Seigel, Bruce, Jerry and Doug McKeens mouth. AFA made a proposal even as far as VF #1 to allow a voluntary furlough first before contractually furloughing (bottom up). Any one in any seniority was able to volunteer for VF #1 and that came to 2100. Because of 9/11, many f/as did not want to go back. Even those who were junior. the furlough helped them and the company. Unemployment was going to be paid out whether it was junior or senior employees. It helped the company so much that they went on to offer voluntary furloughs 8 times after that. Andthen there was the VFLR that 1100 took. Again, anyone if their seniority could hold it could take it. This translated into millions saved in labor costs for the company.

And that is how concession #3 was a cut of 8.4% vs. 15%.

That's how we struck a balance with managment to save the wages for ALL employees who wanted to stay and keep the job.

Get it yet???? Probably not. Your hate for unions and their leadership clouds your logic.

Personally, I had it with the industry. If I didn't take the VFLR when I did, I knew I would be looking at Reserve after 25 years or transfer. Plus the wages to support my family SUCKED and not worth my subsequent years of work at U.

With regard to OIJ and those coming off to take a furlough, that makes as much sense as collecting $1500 a month vs. $3,000 staying on OIJ.

Your full of it, and again you haven't thought your statments through. Stay away from Employee relations...just not your forte.

After you have taken three rounds of concession in three years, seen thousands of your coworkers get furloughed, seen your fleet get chopped in half and executives rewarded with millions for failures, kind hard to be so happy all the time.
cryingbaby.jpg