Merged Magazines

1L1R2L2R

Aug 2, 2005
How to merge magazines?
Tony Mecia - Charlotte Observer

One overlooked aspect of the planned merger: What will become of the airlines' in-flight magazines, Attaché (US Airways) and America West Magazine (uh, America West)?
To hear the airlines tell it, each of the magazines is a powerful force. An Attaché media kit touts it as "the magazine that dominates the Eastern Power Corridor" and says it reaches a larger share of professionals than the Wall Street Journal, Scientific American or The New Yorker. It reaches an estimated 1.4 million readers a month.
And America West Magazine? It reaches people who "live large. ... They enjoy gourmet cooking, fine wines and the finer things in life." It reaches an estimated 700,000 readers a month.
The airlines plan to continue separate magazines for the rest of 2005 and present a combined magazine in January.
Insiders say they're likely to ditch the Attaché name in favor of something less highbrow, such as US Airways Magazine.

1L1R2L2R said:
Insiders say they're likely to ditch the Attaché name in favor of something less highbrow, such as US Airways Magazine.
[post="297326"][/post]​

Okay here are my picks with slogans:

Po' Flyin' Times - The magazine brought to you by employee paycuts. Yes, employee paycuts, because you're all too cheap to pay the real cost of an airline ticket and buy a magazine in the airport.

Cactus - Coast-to-coast, we fly over the "thorny" issues with succulent features.

LCC - Let's Cut the Crap - A no hold's bar look at this messed up world and the idiots that inhabit it. Not to mention you, the passenger.

That Magazine In The Seat Pocket - It's not just a placemat for the dirty tray tables.

Outsource - Usted Americano estúpido jode. Tomamos todos sus trabajos y ahora nosotros escribimos para usted y ahora nosotros realmente le joderemos arriba.

Sky Survivor - Outwit, outlast, low-cost, you get nothing and like it.

C'mon there has to be some more ideas...

How about US Airways should have installed TV's (aka JetBlue) in the seat so I wouldn't have to read any of this crap anyway!!!

WSurf said:
How about US Airways should have installed TV's (aka JetBlue) in the seat so I wouldn't have to read any of this crap anyway!!!
[post="297365"][/post]​

Ah, another of America's finest. Doesn't want to make an effort to read because they'd rather be glued to the "idiot box."

EyeInTheSky said:
Okay here are my picks with slogans:

Po' Flyin' Times - The magazine brought to you by employee paycuts. Yes, employee paycuts, because you're all too cheap to pay the real cost of an airline ticket and buy a magazine in the airport.

Cactus - Coast-to-coast, we fly over the "thorny" issues with succulent features.

LCC - Let's Cut the Crap - A no hold's bar look at this messed up world and the idiots that inhabit it. Not to mention you, the passenger.

That Magazine In The Seat Pocket - It's not just a placemat for the dirty tray tables.

Outsource - Usted Americano estúpido jode. Tomamos todos sus trabajos y ahora nosotros escribimos para usted y ahora nosotros realmente le joderemos arriba.

Sky Survivor - Outwit, outlast, low-cost, you get nothing and like it.
C'mon there has to be some more ideas...
[post="297343"][/post]​

I don't know Eye, those are very good! I don't think I can top them.

I know--they can call it LOA 91--it'll be a joke magazine. :-D

Seriously, though, I imagine that US actually makes some money off of Attaché, and I wouldn't be surprised if the people that actually run the magazine had their say on the name. Personally, I like it.

ringmaruf said:
I know--they can call it LOA 91--it'll be a joke magazine. :-D
Seriously, though, I imagine that US actually makes some money off of Attaché, and I wouldn't be surprised if the people that actually run the magazine had their say on the name. Personally, I like it.
[post="297406"][/post]​

All names associated with US will remain including the magazine, miles program etc

I've always thought that except for the name "US Airways" and the logo, U's branding has been quite good.... the look and the programs.... Attache, Dividend Miles, Envoy, USAirways.com, even Go-fares.

I specifically like Attache and Dividend Miles as brands.

Attache...well, it's obvious, really. Yes, it business oriented, but does a leisure traveller feel alienated by a French word... I doubt it.

Dividend Miles. What's good about that is that you can use it as a noun. "I'd like to use my Dividend Miles" "How many Dividend Miles" is that award?" It's more difficult with Mileage Plus of Flight Fund.. but really 'FlightFund Miles' is nearly as good, but Mileage Plus Miles is awkward. I'd be disappointed if they kept the namea and the logo but jettisoned Attache, Envoy and Dividend Miles.

WSurf said:
[post="297365"][/post]​

Go work for Jet Blue then! You suck :stupid:

1L1R2L2R said:
[post="297326"][/post]​

Highbrow? Hardly, but I do like the magazine and I like the name. What's wrong with a little "highbrow" anyway? Isn't that why they have Envoy, and FC, and Dividend Miles Preferred membership, assigned seating, and airport clubs--if they were all about hefty bags and polo shirts they would be a copycat of WN. Does WN have an inflight magazine?

Heck, I hope they keep the YOUR FAULT column--that is almost as funny as the joke section in Maxim.

1L1R2L2R said:
Go work for Jet Blue then! You suck :stupid:
[post="297454"][/post]​

How about US Airways Replace You!! And we can just install Drink Machines in every A/C... That would save money!!!

Latest posts