MIA Flights Cancel

30 plus years as a iunion rep and I never lost an attendance grievance.

And OJ got off as well. Does not mean he was innocent, just that his lawyers manipulated the system in his favor. You are good at your job. That does not mean that the people you represented did not manipulate the system/you in their favor.

And OJ got off as well. Does not mean he was innocent, just that his lawyers manipulated the system in his favor. You are good at your job. That does not mean that the people you represented did not manipulate the system/you in their favor.

Garfield, I was good but not THAT good. Abuse was not founded, pure and simple. AA's archaic system is costly and not effective because of the simple illnesses that can ground a f/a. Apples and oranges, both are fruits but that is as close as it gets.

So you are equating FA=s with delevery people and health techs? Damn this is going to be good. I'm going to have to book mark this one.

nbmcg01

Why is it that the health problems always occur the same time each year and not in Jan/Feb/March or the for the rest of the year on the same dates each year? People fly in Feb don't they? Do people just not get sick in Feb? How about March? Sep?

I guess if the laws/rules are written poorly anything can be made to look like something it is not. OJ proved that.

Makes me want to cry... :(

Garfield(the movie),

Jesus......STOP BEATING THE SAME OL'..DEAD HORSE, will ya ?

If a F/A has sick time on the books, AND a Doctors note(preferably from the same doctor).....they will NEVER lose an attendance investigation.

LIVE WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh,....that right, i forgot)
As YOU say....."And I still don't pay any stinking UNION dues" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Always remember GARFIELD,....when your Supervisor say's JUMP.................YOU must ALWAYS say...."HOW HIGH" ? :shock: :angry:

nbmcg01

Why is it that the health problems always occur the same time each year and not in Jan/Feb/March or the for the rest of the year on the same dates each year? People fly in Feb don't they? Do people just not get sick in Feb? How about March? Sep?

I have to back Nancy up on the cyclical times of sick calls. I have been lucky enough to get Christmas and New Years off for the last few years. The problem is that it doesn't matter if I am off because for the last few years right around Christmas I got sick. Last year This year I was fine Christmas day but at night I got a headache and my ears blocked up suddenly. It was like someone held me down and stuffed cotton into my head. The pressure was awful. It was a good thing my schedule was clear until 1/ 6 because my ears were blocked that long.

I have to back Nancy up on the cyclical times of sick calls. I have been lucky enough to get Christmas and New Years off for the last few years. The problem is that it doesn't matter if I am off because for the last few years right around Christmas I got sick. Last year This year I was fine Christmas day but at night I got a headache and my ears blocked up suddenly. It was like someone held me down and stuffed cotton into my head. The pressure was awful. It was a good thing my schedule was clear until 1/ 6 because my ears were blocked that long.

Has this happened to you the last 6 years in a row? Some folks have bad luck I have no doubt. Statistically the odds are against it and I am not a believer in coincidences.

I can understand a slight bump in sick calls around the holidays due to volume, stress and what have you but not a 100% increase. If the 100% increase is legit, someone needs to call the CDC to alert them. That is an epidemic.

Has this happened to you the last 6 years in a row? Some folks have bad luck I have no doubt. Statistically the odds are against it and I am not a believer in coincidences.

I can understand a slight bump in sick calls around the holidays due to volume, stress and what have you but not a 100% increase. If the 100% increase is legit, someone needs to call the CDC to alert them. That is an epidemic.

It's been 4 years now. Before that it was the 3rd week of february for a long time

Not the sick time rant again

99 percent of the Mechanics worked all the holidays just for the money.

That all ended 6 years ago

There is no incentive to be at work when your family is home for the holidays.

Dont give me the song and dance about how I agreed to work all shifts and all holidays weekends BLAH BLAH BLAH

When I agreed to it I was making alot more money.

When the money comes back the sick calls will decrease.
Until then I dont feel good
:D

Not the sick time rant again

99 percent of the Mechanics worked all the holidays just for the money.

That all ended 6 years ago

There is no incentive to be at work when your family is home for the holidays.

Dont give me the song and dance about how I agreed to work all shifts and all holidays weekends BLAH BLAH BLAH

When I agreed to it I was making alot more money.

When the money comes back the sick calls will decrease.
Until then I dont feel good
:D

At least you are honest about it. You are not sick and just don't feel like coming into work. That is what I have been arguing is happening.

So you are equating FA=s with delevery people and health techs? Damn this is going to be good. I'm going to have to book mark this one.

nbmcg01

I guess if the laws/rules are written poorly anything can be made to look like something it is not. OJ proved that.
I was responding to Jim's comment about entry level jobs. however, concerning sick calls, they definitely go up around the holidays. I fly and also work at a hospital...there's always a shortage routinely around those holidays; it's not unique to aviation IMO.

At least you are honest about it. You are not sick and just don't feel like coming into work. That is what I have been arguing is happening.

I think for the f/as it comes down to , "I don't feel good, and I CHOOSE to use my EARNED sick leave". How many of you have had great vacations only to get sick the night before you're to go back to work. It just happens. I'm not saying there isn't some "entitlement flu" but not anywhere near the amt. you seem to project.

I am not familiar with any medical documentation of study that has explained how a sick list can increase 100% over the same period each year.

Sick leave is to be used when one is sick. To use it for other reasons is an abuse of the sick policy. If it were leave that could be used at any time, it would not be called sick time.

And yes, it is not isolated to the aviation industry. Any industry which is operational and is open 24/7/365 will have this problem.

Over 40 yrs old, nearly 20 yrs with AA and never been sick on a holiday, vacation or birthday. Guess I must just be lucky.

Over 40 yrs old, nearly 20 yrs with AA and never been sick on a holiday, vacation or birthday. Guess I must just be lucky.
I've spent half of my life flying and have not been sick either. However, I've gone out numerous times on maternity and twice on serious injury--went through over 150 hours of sick last time. I think I have 15 hours left in my sickbank.

I know that many FAs use their allowed sick calls for flexibility purposes...who am I to judge...

Latest posts