Microsoft Tray Table AD

sky high states: Better Uniforms? I think Professional is key.
My parents "taught" me RESPECT. I grew up in a Military Family (Air Force) <---that's probably my fascination with aviation and my foundation for my values.
We've lost a generation of society where thank you and please are not used by the majority anymore. Gimme, now when did that replace, May I please have?
There ARE rules and regulations for my coworkers and I to ENFORCE. Contrary to belief, we dont single YOU out and give YOU a hard time. What we do find, is that, more and more people dont think the RULES apply to them. Although it's a constant battle, I always try to enforce the RULES with an explanation. The service part of the job is "cake". What can be exhausting for some F/A's is dealing with the lack of respect, things out of your control and the "its all about me attitude." That's when you find the BEST F/A's compared to mediocre ones. They handle those situations with ease. The mediocre ones spend their energy being defensive INSTEAD of proactive. And, equally important, just because YOU didnt like my answer....doesnt mean I was rude. :up:
only stating opinions
Agree Totally! There are MANY people who need to realize that PLEASE and THANK YOU go a LONG Way, whether in a restaurant, store or on the airplane. And don't you just love it when someone gets "pissy" just because you didn't give them the answer THEY WANTED To HEAR :lol: BFD!

I don't know what the worry is. Airplane mode on a phone is perfectly acceptable. The phone portion is disabled while the rest of the functions are still operable. I am a captain. I never turn my cell phone off just put it on airplane mode. The regulation refers not to aviation safety but to overjamming cell phone repeaters. It is an FCC regulation that the FAA agreed to pass on.

Who cares if an electronic device is on or not? Only the FCC. The cockpit doesn't care, the airline doesn't care, the FAA doesn't care, only those whose business is dependant on good signal quality care. Too many people are mindlessly enforcing regulations without any thought as to why they are there in the first place. The airplane will not fall out of the sky and the electronics in the cockpit will not get confused if someone's or 300 people's iPod or cell phone is on. Its like saying you can't run your microwave and your TV at the same time. It is absurd. The signals are on completely different spectrums as are PDAs and aircraft electronic equipment.

Captain Bob

I don't know what the worry is.
Who cares if an electronic device is on or not?

sky high states: Has the issue of EMI been resolved?

http://www.glenair.com/html/emi.htm

In January 1993, on a flight from Denver, Colorado, to Newark, NJ, an aircraft lost all directional gyros (electromechanical devices that indicate orientation) at cruise altitude. The captain instructed the flight attendant to go through the cabin and tell all passengers to turn off their electronic devices. She reported back that about 25 passengers with portable radios had been listening to a Denver Broncos playoff game and that one passenger was also using a lap top computer. Within two minutes of the Captain's request to turn the radios off, the gyros had swung back to their correct heading. Later in the flight, several Bronco fans covertly resumed their use of the portable radios, and again the directional gyros began to malfunction. The radios were then confiscated and no further problems were experienced on the flight.

ONLY stating opinions.

sky high states: Has the issue of EMI been resolved?

http://www.glenair.com/html/emi.htm

In January 1993, on a flight from Denver, Colorado, to Newark, NJ, an aircraft lost all directional gyros (electromechanical devices that indicate orientation) at cruise altitude. The captain instructed the flight attendant to go through the cabin and tell all passengers to turn off their electronic devices. She reported back that about 25 passengers with portable radios had been listening to a Denver Broncos playoff game and that one passenger was also using a lap top computer. Within two minutes of the Captain's request to turn the radios off, the gyros had swung back to their correct heading. Later in the flight, several Bronco fans covertly resumed their use of the portable radios, and again the directional gyros began to malfunction. The radios were then confiscated and no further problems were experienced on the flight.
ONLY stating opinions.

That was a Playoff game! What were these pilots thinking, can't they navigate manually? How did pilots from the 40's and 50's operate. Too many electronic assisted devices today makes one lazy and inept. But those pilots need to trained better, cause it NFL Football we are talking about, the NFL! Not CFL or NAS(ty)CAR. Its NFL Football Dude! And a Playoff game as well. And John Elway. The NFL! Newark is easy to find, just fly east till you hit the ocean and look for the Statue of Liberty. I do that all the time on my flight simulator! But the airlines can't take away Our NFL! What were these guys thinking? How rude of the pilots. They were probably Detroit Lions fans! Or better yet, they were into non-violent sports, such as Tip-Toeing thru the Tulips! They Can NOT take away the NFL radio! What were they thinking? It's the NFL!

(My Version of a Comedy Sketch saw on TV, but I forgot the Comedian's name)

TRAY TABLE ADS..........back in the news today. MAY 30

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...p;type=business

In the third quarter of this year, the columns and ads will be laminated onto trays in the first-class cabin of US Airways flights as well.

Consumers who suspect they may never escape the omnipresence of wine god Robert Parker: http://www.erobertparker.com/

Sooo? WINE ADS on the tray tables???? Appropriate for CHILDREN?

ONLY stating opinions