Midatlantic Negotiations

Air conditioned

Advanced
Mar 18, 2004
I remember PITbull saying that on April 19th the MAA negotiating committee was going to meet with the company (or something to that affect). Was wondering what happened at that meeting, what was decided on, and if anything was accomplished worth mentioning. Does anyone have any info?

they were going to vote on insurance and pay or something like taat but about that time the ceo left and the new guy came so i dont now if that happend. who knows?

:down: For the first 3 days this past week, there was no negotiations. The committee was in a room in CCY and just discussed some of the current issues reported by the f/as in MAA. The committee also showed the company that their block hours and credited hours were built totally illegaly for the month of MAY. The co. recognized this error and is allowing the f/as to drop trips to satisfy the 91 sheduled credit hours in the contract if they want to drop. Keep in mind that the f/as can "time out" at 91 or they can keep flying. They can also give their block trips to reserves on their days OFF. Also, if a blockholder picks up trips on their days off, they increase their guarantee if any future trip should cancel in the month.

An MAA scheduling Q&A will be e-lined by the PIT Pres this week and also the mailboxes for the MAA f/as with 4 pages of things they CAN do.
Some of what the f/as can do is better and more flexible than "mainline". Its all there in the contract and the Committee presented to management to make them aware that the f/as WILL do it. :up:

With regard to medical, the company wants an agreed agreement and they will offer the group conribution plan to the f/as starting June 1. The Committee is not prepared to sign off yet. Many outstanding issues remain. Example: Guarantee pay or training pay starting first day of training, increases in meal expense similar to the pilots, crew meals (which they said emphatically NO to) and holding pay with pax on board for delays (which they basically told us to pound salt) :down:

Wed. Thurs, Jerry Glass joined the Committee and gave a counter proposal that SUCKS. However, the f/as can wear "the nation's flag" on their lapels, which the lower MAA management prohibited. Simple things they move on like its something huge to give. (no cost).

Meanwhile Jerry states that they can't add $1 million dollars to the restructuring plan or they break the ATSB covenants. Funny though, they found $4.5 mils to give to Siegel just to step down. I guess ATSB finds that to be OK..... :down:

Hard to believe them when their lips are moving.

PITbull said:
With regard to medical, the company wants an agreed agreement and they will offer the group conribution plan to the f/as starting June 1. The Committee is not prepared to sign off yet. Many outstanding issues remain. Example: Guarantee pay starting first day of training, increases in meal expense similar to the pilots, crew meals (which they said emphatically NO to) and holding pay with pax on board for delays (which they basically told us to pound salt) :down:
So, am I reading this that MAA F/As will get medical on June 1st?

What is current per diem and what is it being proposed to be raised to? It should be the same as mainline. The wings in Buffalo and burger in Kansas City cost the same regardless.

atlantis said:
I believe MAA is getting four more planes in June. Can anyone confirm this? B)
MAA is getting approximately one plane per week through the end of 2005, for a total of, I believe, 85 aircraft.

DCAflyer said:
MAA is getting approximately one plane per week through the end of 2005, for a total of, I believe, 85 aircraft.
MAA is getting on average 2 planes per month, with some months bringing in 3; total for 2004 approx. 39. Through 2006 85.

PITBull:

I believe MAA has 4 EMB-170s and will receive 35 more between now and the end of the year. There are 8 months left to receive 35 jets, therefore, the average monthly delivery rate is 4.375 jets per month.

All 85 should be delivered by November 2006.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

I think you better reread your post, and the read mine. I think we are saying the same thing; then maybe not.

Mangement said by the end of 2004, MAA shouldhave 39 a/c. And by then of 2006 all total should be 85.

Anyway, sounds like things are moving right along.

Thanks for the update on the negotiations PITbull. Getting insurance in June is a great thing to have accomplished.

You said the f/a's can wear the nation's flag, and that should be, as the mainline flight attendants are allowed to. But did I hear right that they are being told to only wear EXPRESS wings? Heard a few rumors about that that no one can seem to clarify.

Do the MidAtlantic flight attendants feel like things are running more smoothly now? I went on the Hub and saw the schedules and pairing sheets. They look pretty decent.

AC,

Things seeem to be moving along. Management was confused on some issues with scheduling, and the committee still has to work out more language within the contract as well as "flow through.

The committee stated that negoitiations started off real slow in the beginning of the week due to Siegel's unexpected departure.

* Wish Siegel would have stayed and Bronner would have gotten rid of the rest of the team. But, I guess this is all about Siegel's plan without Siegel presenting it to labor.

My "eye" is still on the ball. And I know clearly what this is about...and its not about Dave Siegel not being CEO.