WHAT ARE WE RUNNING HERE AN AIRLINE OR A CIRCUS

There you have it.....United/USAirways....the BEST at being the WORST....a marriage made in heaven! :up:

Answer to the thread question:
CIRCUS !!!!!!
Not just ANY CIRCUS...........it's "The Greatest Show on Earth". Nonstop drama, excitement and adventure to over 230 destinations blah,blah blah.....insert the usual press release they use to "promote" the operation. And let's not forget "You'll LOVE US"......there isn't ANYTHING to love around here anymore. Eat a Calzone, drink Bud and Be Happy!

You people have short memories. I have been hearing the same hatred for US Airways for 20 years. While the name and reputation has definitely gone from bad to worst, we have NEVER, EVER been close to being one of the greatest airlines. Time to let go of the selected memory syndrome.

:up:

Perhaps, to some degree, you may have a small argument. But the airline comes back...know why?
Because of the dedication of the employees. "seems to resurrect itself", as you put it...that says something the other "great" carriers didn't have.

Nope. Youre wrong. The only reason why USAir is still around is because of your extensive route system out of DCA.Face it all those slimy congressmen (and women) need a quick non-stop way to get home for the weekend and I'll bet you they will do anything within there power to keep that thing propped up for as long as it takes,regardless of how poor an airline it becomes.

Nope. Youre wrong. The only reason why USAir is still around is because of your extensive route system out of DCA.Face it all those slimy congressmen (and women) need a quick non-stop way to get home for the weekend and I'll bet you they will do anything within there power to keep that thing propped up for as long as it takes,regardless of how poor an airline it becomes.
:lol: Very True.......and that's WHAT keeps this GULAG operating. An notion of "Top Talent" in the Executive Suites is comparable of Bin Laden moving into the White House (although the current inhabitant needs TO GO, also).

Well...I wouln't call it extensive, but they are "very important routes" that "very important people" love.

:lol: Very True.......and that's WHAT keeps this GULAG operating. An notion of "Top Talent" in the Executive Suites is comparable of Bin Laden moving into the White House (although the current inhabitant needs TO GO, also).

bin Laden moving into the White House would raise the DC average IQ by double digits.

Just sayin'

It isn't just A-N-Y circus, it's The GRRRRRRRRRREATEST Show on EARTH".....step aside Ringling Brother's, this place has got you beat HANDS DOWN! I want to sell popcorn, cotton candy and carmel apples inflight too.....or better yet, have raffles, bingo and Pony rides inflight. Everything else comes with the admission. :p

And let's NOT forget US has Swammi's! Fortune tellings available with Dividend Miles available (accumulate and redemption). :lol: How dare I forget this alluring service!

Instead United service is the worst with usairway.. Yes- the other carrier like AA and NW are having the same problems. The carriers are taken the money and don't care about the passenger only the ceo's pocket. This can't go for much longer before someone steps in like those famous share holders who might care why the company is going into the tubes.

As a paying customer - I respectfully disagree with your statement. I used to fly US - and have switched to UA - and there is no comparison in the service - and I mean NO comparison. UA might not be the greatest - but it is heads and tails above US. As one example - UA serves a real meal from PHL to ORD - and what does US serve - potato chips at 7 in the morning!

However - UA does not serve Four Points Pie for dessert! (Which depending on your point of view could be a positive or a negative.)

What happend to all the fancy shmancy upgrades to all the dump of an airline I call home.... I'm callin BS and a sad attempt to get stocks to rise a few misely dougie dollars

As a paying customer - I respectfully disagree with your statement. I used to fly US - and have switched to UA - and there is no comparison in the service - and I mean NO comparison. UA might not be the greatest - but it is heads and tails above US. As one example - UA serves a real meal from PHL to ORD - and what does US serve - potato chips at 7 in the morning!

However - UA does not serve Four Points Pie for dessert! (Which depending on your point of view could be a positive or a negative.)

Our first class is a real embarresment. It shouldn't even be called first class. Maybe leisure class would be a better term. All you are getting is a bigger seat and free uprgrade if your lucky.
I've heard the TransAtlantic first class is much better, but then again that is the way the old US Air did it. Hope Tempe doesn't ruin that one either, or were in big trouble. JMHO :(