More cities cut from PIT

Couple of items:

1. PIT and BWI had no problem with weather. PHL did. Let's not confuse the issue with the locations of the hubs with weather. That's only a PHL thing.

2. Will US find more profitable places in the short term for aircraft than PIT? Maybe.

Does the run and hide strategy scale? Nope.
1. Weather is only a PHL thing? B6 at JFK, CO at EWR, AA at both ORD and DFW, UA at DEN & ORD and SFO. Weather is weather, something that no airline or any of us have control of. When bad weather hits, it generally is the entire Northeast, flights from and to PHL may be affected by the other locations weather also. There is alot of short hops from PHL that also get tangled up with the same weather system. The main problem I see with this is that things are different now cause they run planes with less seats available. It is good when everything is running properly, but some cancellations really throw the wrench in. With load factors running at 90% and the previous days flights were cancelled, that does not leave many options available. Unless they run extra flights to help out, but things are a mess anyhow due to crews and planes that are misplaced.

He is an opinion that I always thought would be a good idea. When PHL is experiencing bad weather and there is numerous cancellations, and EWR or BWI are running, why not transfer the passenger via Amtrak to those airports, even DCA. Those airports have Amtrak stop at airports and DCA is a Metro Connection away. It sounds like alot and to most it will be alot, but few would be willing to do that. I am aware that everyone can not be helped this way, but for every few that it does, opens seats for the ones that stay behind. Every reasonable traveler that flies in the Winter knows its a game of Russian Roulette with the weather, most take it with stride. But then again it may sound like a good idea and option, but with Shares it may be impossible. Just throwing out an opinion.