More CRJ 900's....

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
PSA approached by management today, with offer to take delivery of 20 900's and options for 20 more.

Guess the no changes to the Express, (or too many little jets) is out the window. PSA pilots have till Aug 1st. to give them an answer.....

Management can take these A/C under their proposal and shove them...well...somewhere. I just hope that enough people have the guts and foresight to say "NO".

As I'm sure your aware, the Whipsaw is in full effect of this one. In a nice big list, were the "other" places these jets will go if PSA doesn't agree to the terms.....nice of managment huh??? Yup real labor friendly.

PSA approached by management today, with offer to take delivery of 20 900's and options for 20 more.

Guess the no changes to the Express, (or too many little jets) is out the window. PSA pilots have till Aug 1st. to give them an answer.....

Compromise for growth doesn't sound too bad when your in the right seat wanting to upgrade...then reality sets in, the growth goes away and you're stuck worse off than you were to start with.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm done compromising. Only winner is management. We must be the source of much laughter in management circles. It's reputed that Glass stated one day..."you were easy".

Guess this means they are backing off on the E-190s. So much for that.

A320 Driver ;)

as a PAX I far prefer PSA to Air Wisconsin, Mesa, Chataqua, etc. Why wouldn't you want to take the planes and the jobs from the outsourcers?

Because adding even one more CRJ-900 to PSA (or anyone else) is stupid considering the E-190 is a LOT nicer, and FAR more capable aircraft. With the large concessions obtained, the costs of having that flying operated by mainline 190's is preferrable to CRJ's.

PLainly stated, we should be getting rid of this aircraft, not spending money (that could be spent on E-190's) on obtain even more of them

But you all seem to forget, it is better to add them at PSA then let Johnnie O get richer.

I'm curious to see the future of Piedmont & PSA all together.

All of (or at least all the ones I know off) the stations where PSA have the contract for ground handling are being transferred to Piedmont. (Nice for the rampers as they automatically get a raise).

Could the future be that PSA is our only wholly-owned that operates aircraft, while Piedmont is a wholly-owned subsidiary that only contracts for ground handling?

Part of that would make since, as under this model we could compete for contracts with other carriers to handle their outsouced work (similiar to how Comair is bidding for other airline work now).

Just my thoughts.

The pilots at PSA will turn down the 900s. Management wants us to fly them for the same rate as the 200. That is simply unacceptable. Also, more 900s opens the door for more J4J pilots. No PSA pilot wants to see the J4J program grow, expecially after we've been told flow through is dead. J4J can go work for Johnny O.

The new aircraft offer no quallity of life or pay improvement for the pilots of PSA. Our scheduling department is so terrible that new aircraft will cause nothing but hardship. Why would we accept additional work for no extra pay?

But you all seem to forget, it is better to add them at PSA then let Johnnie O get richer.
Why would PSA turn down 900s? The pilots would be flying bigger A/C...making more money. Is'nt that a natural progression for the pilot group? I can see why US pilots would be bummed. But if you are at PSA.....why not? And what about PDT? I guess they are in their normal bent over position....waiting to get scr_ _ ed.

The pilots at PSA will turn down the 900s. Management wants us to fly them for the same rate as the 200. That is simply unacceptable. Also, more 900s opens the door for more J4J pilots. No PSA pilot wants to see the J4J program grow, expecially after we've been told flow through is dead. J4J can go work for Johnny O.

The new aircraft offer no quallity of life or pay improvement for the pilots of PSA. Our scheduling department is so terrible that new aircraft will cause nothing but hardship. Why would we accept additional work for no extra pay?
I stand corrected if this poster is right. Same money as 200's....that is mesa style for sure. And how do you know flow through is dead? We have been told they are in negtiations as we speak.Thanks!

As a PAX the CRJ-900 is the most uncomfortable in the fleet. Only the old Jetstream-31's were worse. Please no more CRJ900's - As a PAX I hate them. :(

Assuming that US & Bombardier can work out their differences over whether the existing orders will be assumed or not - they've asked the BK court for the 6th extension of the time limit to come to an agreement - the CRJ-900 would make more economic sense.

But as someone else said, the E190's would make even more sense.

Jim

Assuming that US & Bombardier can work out their differences over whether the existing orders will be assumed or not - they've asked the BK court for the 6th extension of the time limit to come to an agreement - the CRJ-900 would make more economic sense.

But as someone else said, the E190's would make even more sense.

Jim

Since when did this EVER become about what makes sense? It's about more for less. More bucks for the big boy's pockets.

A320 Driver :(

From the Bits I've gathered. They aren't backing off the 190's. The 190's will be up in PHL and concentrate on longer stage lengths. The 900's in CLT where the stage length could be a little shorter. (though they are going to be the LR version of the 900, which Bombardier announced a few months ago, Higher Weights and a bit more power on the engine, or maybe more fuel, dunno) Also there was a mention somewhere, that possibly if they place 900's other than mesa, they can get rid of 10 Mesa 900's. (which would be a blessing considering mesa's performance, Just last night, last flight out of CLT we had 12 misconnects due to Mesa 900's running way late.)

As to the pay, no it's not a pay increase. They want the pay frozen at current ratioed levels. (There is a pay scale for 50 and 70 seaters, which the actual pay is a ratio between the number of 50 and 70 seaters on property, if 900's were to show up, it would mean a slight increase in pay overall. Maybe 2.50/hr for a 7th year capt.) Though the contract and longevity steps would remain in force.

As to the J4J comment, I really doubt you'll see toooo many jump to come over here anymore. I believe some capt. classes at Republic went unfilled, and that was at a point they were all looking at being furloughed. Some may trickle over, but I doubt many.

As to movement, well the f/o's have been screaming about the lack of upgrades. The initial 18 airframes in 12 months, with a target of adding 100 crews for the 20 order. Worst case would be 50 PSA f/o upgrades, within '07. I believe that would take care of about all the native PSA f/o's....and if they excercised the option for the other 20, That would take upgrades down to a 2/05 DOH. In addition if you look back, barring BK, the aircraft deliveries actually got moved up, and were brought on property faster then originally planned (though due to Pilot Contract problems, 700's were delayed) I think the biggest restriction at this point would be training department and crews. Management said 5 months ramp up time to handle deliveries. (get checkairman back into training dept, and hire enough crews to be able to get f/o's into upgrade) Hence the Aug 1st deadline to ALPA.

Bottom line is, Management has indicated they are going to get these a/c. (I assume, is the fact they will complete the existing order) The question is, where do you want to see them goto?