MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The company notified APFA today that it expects to have an overage
of 1,100 Flight Attendants in February 2003. This includes 400 at
STL and 700 from other crew bases.

[BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"]
[P dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" align=justify][FONT face=Arial][FONT color=#000000][STRONG][EM]Hot off the wire:[/EM][/STRONG][BR][BR][/FONT][/FONT]Hello. Today is Monday, December 2, 2002. This is George Price, APFA National Communications Coordinator, with an APFA HotLine Update.[BR][BR]APFA President John Ward today signed a Letter of Agreement, which limits the actual number of Flight Attendants subject to furlough in this round of reductions to 400 versus 1,100. In other words, only the most junior 400 [FONT color=#3333ff](read: "only TWA")[/FONT] Flight Attendants on the system seniority list will be subject to furlough. A copy of this Letter will also be included on the web site under "Hot Topics." If, after the leaves and Partnerships are awarded, a furlough is necessary, it will be effective January 31, 2003. Letters notifying those Flight Attendants subject to furlough will be mailed next week.[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

No surprise there. It' the same deal as this last furlough. They can't furlough 1,100 TWA f/a's because they have to have a minimum number to run STL. So, they will work the AA side with an overage of f/a's since they can't furlough out of seniority order. Hmmmm, I'm wondering now, will we hit the late 70's hires with this round? Come on LAWSUITS!!!! Stop the injustice.

Yes..this whole thing sucks..Well look at it this way AA/TWA purchase brought you a year and change flying, and a raise at that..If left alone post 9/11..TWA=0..(thats nothin)
try to see it for what it is for a change....and..dont loose any sleep over that"lawsuit"...JMO

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 12:10:31 AM TWAB717 wrote:

No surprise there. It' the same deal as this last furlough. They can't furlough 1,100 TWA f/a's because they have to have a minimum number to run STL. So, they will work the AA side with an overage of f/a's since they can't furlough out of seniority order. Hmmmm, I'm wondering now, will we hit the late 70's hires with this round? Come on LAWSUITS!!!! Stop the injustice.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Once again, here comes the "aww, poor ole TWA'rs, getting screwed over again...boo hoo hoo, let's sue them".
somehow they can't grasp the concept of Last In, First Out. Either they're in denial, on crack, or just plain stupid. They could not see that the TWA purchase was just a temporary one time shock from an AED on their failing heart and was bound to fizzle out sometime or another. That AED jolt must have scrambled their brains too into thinking they actually got a heart transplant. Just another way of Carty saying, ok we kinda got carried away into thinking we needed TWA, now let's keep the REAL assets and let the rest go bit by bit, just so it won't look like the gargantuan mistake it really was.
I guess he's showing you guys which part of TWA we really needed to keep (hint: it's not the employees).

also, i hope you guys realize that the people you put in congress were really "concerned" about your plight, when your unemployment runs out in a couple of months.

[FONT size=2]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/3/2002 5:08:40 AM coldplay wrote:[BR][BR] . . . . .Last In, First Out
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]That needs to be a bumper sticker for airline employees.[/P][/FONT]

No matter who's in or who's out this may not be the last of the overages. To those about to get furlough notices I wish the best. Hopefully this economy will turn around soon and you will be getting a recall letter sometime in 2003.

Its funny just a few months ago there were posters on this board that thought that APFA didn't want cross training to begin. That for some reason it would benefit us not to have the TWA'ers crossed trained. Here is an example of where it benefited the TWA'ers to not be cross trained. I just hope that AA doesn't start using AA aircraft on any more STL routes.

We have every right to complain as TWA furlough fodder. AA is dumping the one true asset, our employees. Like the Mastercard commercials, 20,000 aviation PROFESSIONALS, priceless. I just want to hear some thanks from the nAAtives that at the expense of TWA f/a's, their careers have been temporarily spared.

At least you are admitting that that is what you all wanted in the first place.
Just didnt happen that way (and wont).

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 12:22:28 AM TWAB717 wrote:
[P]We have every right to complain as TWA furlough fodder. AA is dumping the one true asset, our employees. Like the Mastercard commercials, 20,000 aviation PROFESSIONALS, priceless. I just want to hear some thanks from the nAAtives that at the expense of TWA f/a's, their careers have been temporarily spared.[/P]----------------[BR]What a crock![BR][BR]Will there be any thanks from the "fodder" for saving your jobs from bankruptcy, and for giving you huge raises and better benefits? You know, all that stuff is part and parcel of AA's precarious financial situation.[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/4/2002 12:22:28 AM TWAB717 wrote:

I just want to hear some thanks from the nAAtives that at the expense of TWA f/a's, their careers have been temporarily spared.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Have you given thanks to the nAAtives that were hired after 4/10/01 that temporarily spared your jobs? How about the many F/A's both AA and TWA'llc that have taken leaves so that fewer APFA members have to take furloughs? Or how about APFA itself that demanded that AA offer leaves in the first place?