More Good News?

ClueByFour said:
If that is the case, he should have refrained from filing a affidavit in support of the 1113(e) motion. You cannot have it both ways.
[post="194854"][/post]​
The affidavit he had in front of him to read, verify and approve. In court on the stand he had to speak from memory and if you review the transcipts you will quickly realize despite which side of the fence you sit on that he was able to answer the questions very well. I know it makes for great foder to isolate less than 1% of his testimony and disect it to show that he is "incapable", however under scrutiny you could do that with many of the witness if not all.

PITbull said:
USFlyer,

So just what does a CFO have to know when he is put on a witness stand basically defending the company's stance on the importance of granting the company major relief in wages from all labor groups.

What exactly does he need to know? What the CASMS are? How much tthe a/c leases are? What is relavent? What exactly does he have to know about labor in order to convince a judge that the 23% wage cut across the board ($238 million) is imperative to the company's survival. How did he come up with that figure of savings needed?

Didn't he have to know what all labor groups wages are and each year of service. I'm sure he would be able to use a "cheat-cheat" to quote from...don't you think?
[post="194818"][/post]​

Based on the outcome of the proceedings he obviously knew a sufficent amount of information to convince the judge of the need.

phasersonstun2 said:
The CFO lost his job for the same reason that Gangwal did... failure to perform.
[post="194892"][/post]​
You might want to turn your phasers off stun…….they both quit, they were not asked to leave.

700UW said:
Yes lets adapt to change by ridding US Airways of failed management, Lakefield sat in the court room like a bump on a log, we all know Glass is running the show, they all need to go, especially the Executive VP of Operations.
[post="194791"][/post]​

Each employee should give thanks to Dave Davis for contributing to our company in last few years. He was instrumental in securing essential financing. You can't expect him to know every single salary for the 28K employees. You have no idea what this man has done for this company.

You want most of the senior executives to leave the company. You would have a difficult time finding any qualified aviation executives that would leave their current position to join Airways with the turbulent situation. We need to keep all of the executives on board to ensure that we remain a viable company and successfully exit BK. Al Crellin is key to our operations. He knows Airways and we need him on board. Jerry Glass is the best in the industry. Period! I have a great deal of respect for both of these individuals.

Real World's comments are accurate.

Here's a problem:

"Talented individuals are being recruited away to other companies that pay better money than US Airways is paying or can pay," US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said yesterday. "We're losing management at a rate of 20 percent a month, which is a very high number."

Complete Story

I believe the company's financial personnel are still talented with Lakefield, Beier, and Serck-Hanssen being joined by Philip and Stanley. Stanley has been on the company's board for the past 5 months and he has been involved in the formal reorganization.

Philip is the fund manager for $59 billion retirement fund in both equity and fixed income investments, which is more than twice the size of RSA's assets. Did US Airways chairman David Bronner find an exit financing partner, provided the company makes it that far?

I agree with Hawk, US Airways needs to keep all of its top managers in place -- they did not create our problems, the market did.

Regardless, the company has a good business plan considering the market reality and when would now be a good time for every union to decide to participate in the new business plan before "imposition" creates even more pain?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Hawk said:
You want most of the senior executives to leave the company. You would have a difficult time finding any qualified aviation executives that would leave their current position to join Airways with the turbulent situation. We need to keep all of the executives on board to ensure that we remain a viable company and successfully exit BK. Al Crellin is key to our operations. He knows Airways and we need him on board. Jerry Glass is the best in the industry. Period! I have a great deal of respect for both of these individuals.
[post="194902"][/post]​

These fools screwed up BK I, and drove the company into BKII. Bravo!! "Qualified" is relative, eh?

The market was obvious during the first bankrupty. The current crop in CCY lacks both strategic (see the first POR) and tactical (lack of hedges, ability to operate the PHL hub operation, etc) vision. In short, not work keeping around.

The change of control will happen after the election, when the ATSB pulls the plug.

real world said:
The affidavit he had in front of him to read, verify and approve. In court on the stand he had to speak from memory and if you review the transcipts you will quickly realize despite which side of the fence you sit on that he was able to answer the questions very well. I know it makes for great foder to isolate less than 1% of his testimony and disect it to show that he is "incapable", however under scrutiny you could do that with many of the witness if not all.
[post="194893"][/post]​

Get real. If he was not prepared, he lacks either decent staff to prep him or the drive to want to seem like he's prepared, in which case his loss is probably a good thing. But let's take this one step further: he had to know (since no good lawyer won't prep a witness like that) to expect the question about the "entire crew calling off." And, being one of many "I've got no move or vision other than busting the unions" propogandists from CCY, he dutifully rattled off the answer. Not being prepared for the inevitible question on cross illustrates my point to a T.

Hawk said:
Each employee should give thanks to Dave Davis for contributing to our company in last few years. He was instrumental in securing essential financing. You can't expect him to know every single salary for the 28K employees. You have no idea what this man has done for this company.

[post="194902"][/post]​

Jerry Glass is the best in the industry at what exactly?

What do you credit him with?

1. Labor relations? Hmmm, Labor has never been further apart and disconnected from managment any time in USAirways history. Employee morale shattered. Now thats the way to run a department.

2.Pschological "war games" with increasing the cost targets with every proposal and making them worse with every co. proposal ? Hmmm, yes I could agree with the "art of war" he plays with Labor, and his skill in his many attempts to divide the union leaders from the membership, and pitting one labor group against the other.

3. Union busting? Hmm, convincing Labor how imperative it was to get rid of no furlough language in 2002, and that it had no cost savings to the company, its just that in case of BK, a judge would take that anyway....and attrition would take care of any concept of furloughing... on the street 20,000 folks later...yea right...

4. Union busting? Yup, he's the KING at his craft. And he will be notorious anywhere he goes. When he leaves U to captilize on his reputation, not only will labor groups be notified that he is on their property, but so will the share holders, so they can take their money OFF the table. B)

5. Dismantling the work force? Yup, give him all the credit he deserves for that. Using the BK system once again to clean house. Decreasing wages so severly, that the employees can't pay their own bills, and stripping them of their retirement /pension benefits promised one group at a time.

I GOT HIS MO...FOR A LONG TIME NOW.

tHE REASON WHY THIS COMPANY CAN NOT GET OUT OF ITS OWN WAY, IS BECAUSE THE FOCUS HAS BEEN SOLEY ON LABOR SAVING THE COMPANY FROM DEMISE.

tHAT IS NOT A PLAN OR VISION TO SUCCEED.

Ya, missed the boat on that one HAWK. Need to find new heros to worship.

Bottom line is he is gone!!!!! I have always said when one of our highy talented managers leave we cannot do any worse. Unfortunately I have been wrong quite a few times!!
And Hawk, you are correct about Jerry Glass, he is one of the best at what he does.......breaking the backs of the employee's and taking the morale to an all time low. Had the opportunity to read the company's proposal to fleet service are you guys really serious? Get furloughed and when you are called back you start at the bottom of the payscale? Come out of the palace to the front lines sometime and see what is happening!!! Its not pretty and people are not happy...except maybe you and the "Capt". :D

from the wash post article as linked above in usa320's post:

""This doesn't look good," said Mike Boyd of the Boyd Group. "You don't want to shake up your senior management staff at a time like this."

Davis was not available for comment yesterday.

Analyst Helane Becker of the Benchmark Co. said Davis either thought the airline was not going to emerge from its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings or assumed that if the carrier did emerge, a new management team would be brought in."

wow!.....what's up now?

real world said:
You are so wrong, you absolulty have no idea what you are talking about.
[post="194735"][/post]​
ah ha ha you know not what you say or of whom you speak.....
the person you refer to sat in court and listened to testimony....
so go figure.. :down:

real world said:
Answered in 700 reply
[post="194888"][/post]​
real world, I see you didn't bother answering my question....I'll ask it again..Do you condone this type of behavior from CFO's ?? It's a Yes or No answer..All he had to do was tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth...SAD

USA320Pilot said:
Real World's comments are accurate.

Here's a problem:

"Talented individuals are being recruited away to other companies that pay better money than US Airways is paying or can pay," US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said yesterday. "We're losing management at a rate of 20 percent a month, which is a very high number."

Complete Story

I believe the company's financial personnel are still talented with Lakefield, Beier, and Serck-Hanssen being joined by Philip and Stanley. Stanley has been on the company's board for the past 5 months and he has been involved in the formal reorganization.

Philip is the fund manager for $59 billion retirement fund in both equity and fixed income investments, which is more than twice the size of RSA's assets. Did US Airways chairman David Bronner find an exit financing partner, provided the company makes it that far?

I agree with Hawk, US Airways needs to keep all of its top managers in place -- they did not create our problems, the market did.

Regardless, the company has a good business plan considering the market reality and when would now be a good time for every union to decide to participate in the new business plan before "imposition" creates even more pain?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="194903"][/post]​

oh yeah!

PITbull said:
Jerry Glass

1. Employee morale shattered.
2.Pschological "war games"
3. Union busting?
4. Union busting?
5. Dismantling the work force?
[post="194910"][/post]​