More Good News?

USA320Pilot said:
Real World's comments are accurate.

Philip is the fund manager for $59 billion retirement fund in both equity and fixed income investments, which is more than twice the size of RSA's assets. Did US Airways chairman David Bronner find an exit financing partner, provided the company makes it that far?

Regardless, the company has a good business plan considering the market reality and when would now be a good time for every union to decide to participate in the new business plan before "imposition" creates even more pain?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="194903"][/post]​

The idea/mere speculation that the the NYS Teacher Retirement System would EVER invest in UAIR is ludicrous! Albany and the UFT would never allow it. The publicity alone would ruin Mr. Philip's career as a fund manager for NY State. Won't happen, particularly with the State of New York. The New York press preys on governmental dysfunction.

Regardless, his five whole months in the aviation industry is a real plus and should be regarded quite highly with the Creditor's Committee. I'm certain they are thrilled with the current situation.

Best to all,

BT

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/travel

"Davis is leaving for a position with Kraton Polymers, a company with annual revenues of roughly $700 million -- one-tenth the size of US Airways. In an interesting twist, Kraton is owned by Texas Pacific Group, which bid unsuccessfully for US Airways in its 2002 bankruptcy filing."

and

"the departure of a CFO is "always something that alerts your attention," said analyst Ray Neidl of Calyon Securities in New York. People sometimes think that it indicates trouble at a company, but often executives simply leave for a better job or more pay, or the company wants to restructure a department, he said."

USA320Pilot said:
Regardless, the company has a good business plan considering the market reality and when would now be a good time for every union to decide to participate in the new business plan before "imposition" creates even more pain?
[post="194903"][/post]​

You were saying the same thing after the first bankruptcy, thus begging the question: do I have to be an airline executive to fool a sucker, or can I just send 700UW over to your place to take your money directly?

As far as Davis leaving the company......it's a good start....Anybody know how much cash he walked out the door carrying?

Hawk....

You are beyond words. Misguided at best. AC isn't what he appears to be....

We're going down...Time to close the doors. Sorry to be so darn negative...

Just my nature........

USA320Pilot said:
"I agree with Hawk, US Airways needs to keep all of its top managers in place -- they did not create our problems, the market did."

They are still responsable for operating the company and profitability, and dispite their hansome salaries, and bonuses, they dropped the ball big time.

"Regardless, the company has a good business plan considering the market reality and when would now be a good time for every union to decide to participate in the new business plan before "imposition" creates even more pain?"

There have been attempts to "participate", but the offers they are giving are impossible to accept. The company does not want an agreement, period.

planeirish said:
Is what he did in court not perjury or lying under oath? I guess it does not matter in BK court.
[post="194760"][/post]​

That would depend upon what the definition of is, is. :D

delldude said:
ah ha ha you know not what you say or of whom you speak.....
the person you refer to sat in court and listened to testimony....
so go figure.. :down:
[post="194977"][/post]​
Ah Hah so was I and he knows I was there too.......

insp89 said:
real world, I see you didn't bother answering my question....I'll ask it again..Do you condone this type of behavior from CFO's ?? It's a Yes or No answer..All he had to do was tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth...SAD
[post="194978"][/post]​
HE answered the questions truthfully, so I am not sure what else you want me to say. If he did not the court would have held him in contempt, obviously they did not and for that matter they concured with his testimony and granted the company's request.

"and granted the company's request."

Revisionist history is such a wonderful thing, although it's sometimes hard to tell if the writer is attempting to fool the readers or themselves....

Jim

real world said:
HE answered the questions truthfully, so I am not sure what else you want me to say. If he did not the court would have held him in contempt, obviously they did not and for that matter they concured with his testimony and granted the company's request.
[post="195198"][/post]​

You guys can't even send out a decent spin doctor: genius--the one part of the motion the company did not get was regarding outsourcing in the event of a slowdown.

So perhaps the court did not find his testimony about such to be truthfull or compelling.

You guys are going to make a great case study someday at Haaaaavarhd about "What not to do" for both the MBA program and the MarComm undergrads.....

us0004us said:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/travel
"Davis is leaving for a position with Kraton Polymers, a company with annual revenues of roughly $700 million -- one-tenth the size of US Airways. In an interesting twist, Kraton is owned by Texas Pacific Group, which bid unsuccessfully for US Airways in its 2002 bankruptcy filing."
and

"the departure of a CFO is "always something that alerts your attention," said analyst Ray Neidl of Calyon Securities in New York. People sometimes think that it indicates trouble at a company, but often executives simply leave for a better job or more pay, or the company wants to restructure a department, he said."
[post="194993"][/post]​

Texas Pacific Group...isn't Siegel with one of their companies? Didn't Siegel bring Dave Davis in as a VP in the finance Dept. with Neil Cohen?

Hmmm, interesting. The gang is all meeting at TPG.

BoeingBoy said:
"and granted the company's request."

Revisionist history is such a wonderful thing, although it's sometimes hard to tell if the writer is attempting to fool the readers or themselves....

Jim
[post="195208"][/post]​
Well then what did he do, did he not grant the motion?

Latest posts

Back