More Layoffs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunt3dunk

Aug 17, 2008
The word out of PHL is that there is going to be a significant layoff in January 2010 affecting all departments. With the sale of the 190's and the reduction in capacity , it looks similar to what happened 5 years ago before the US/HP merger. From fleet service to dispatchers everyone is going to be affected with the 25 aircraft gone , I've heard Republic or Jet Blue is going to by the rest of the 190"s before the end of the year. Good luck to all of us , BOHICA !

The word out of PHL is that there is going to be a significant layoff in January 2010 affecting all departments. With the sale of the 190's and the reduction in capacity , it looks similar to what happened 5 years ago before the US/HP merger. From fleet service to dispatchers everyone is going to be affected with the 25 aircraft gone , I've heard Republic or Jet Blue is going to by the rest of the 190"s before the end of the year. Good luck to all of us , BOHICA !

Furloughs-yah think?
Oil 80/barrell with no hedging,selling planes and gates,poor economy.
I think the end is near :angry:
Good luck to us all (here,here)

a Republic crew told me today that US was going to park the remaining 15 junk jet 190s but i have my suspicions that the outfit will sell them to repubic airways I hope there wont be lays offs unless of course its in mgmt level and uppers only darn i must of been dreaming again :rolleyes:

I love it that Republic crews always seem to know what is going to happen here before we do! Spirit and JB are hiring flight attendants. There is an outfit out of Portugal called HiFly hiring for a one year contract out of JFK to fly A340s to Lagos, Nigeria for descent compensation. Just throwing it out there. Good luck to everyone out there who has to weather this storm, it never seems to get any better around this place.

This post deleted by moderator
It appears to me you have not been thru what we have been thru over the last 5 or so yrs with severe pay/benefits cuts, layoffs, 2 bankruptices, etc all the while the execs continue to walk away with multi million dollar parachutes plus golden bonus paychecks. Do you know how immature you sound by calling me names? Im simply posting exactly what a Republic Airways flight crew told me yesterday.
Dont you think after all we have been thru it is high time that mgmt gets its act together and actually help the employees make this airline fly right? And you wonder why employee morale is so darn low and of course USAIRWAYS has never been in the top rating for compliants compared to CO and WN. Gee I wonder if it has something to do with mgmt actually working with employees--WN--mgmt takes care of employees employees take care of mgmt and getting planes turned in 15 min and go home happy

QUOTE DELETED BY MODERATOR--POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO PROFANITY

At my former station, customer service and ramp were downsized and many were furloughed or transferred. The station was staffed by a station manager and three shift managers. The three shift managers only wrote esons to the ramp and nagged people about being late on their i-training. The station manager handled ALL of our paperwork when I transferred. The shift managers didn't know what to do. I'm now here on the east coast with people who seem to like me, fortunately. I really miss the old station like a toothache. The three shift managers are still there for all 2 mainline flights and express. About a month ago, a friend at my former station (he's still there) sent me a photo of a shift manager marshaling in a flight........ <_<

A reminder...profanity, vulgarity, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Suspensions have been issued. Cancellation of your membership on this board may result for repeated violations.

I love it that Republic crews always seem to know what is going to happen here before we do! Spirit and JB are hiring flight attendants. There is an outfit out of Portugal called HiFly hiring for a one year contract out of JFK to fly A340s to Lagos, Nigeria for descent compensation. Just throwing it out there. Good luck to everyone out there who has to weather this storm, it never seems to get any better around this place.

Be careful out there. Lagos, Nigeria was the one airport on the planet that had the distinction of being named by the international community of not being up to par in the area of airport security. It was posted for years at every security checkpoint in the US. Not sure if it's still there.

Given that, my guess is a layover in Lagos might be quite an adventure. One might not find the pay to do that work "decent" after the first trip there. Good luck to all of us.

I know we all have to keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouths but I am just so sick and tired of the constant roller coaster ride..(mostly long down hill drops) at this company. MANY are at the end of their rope. I know it's easier said than done but ya know what would happen if this place shut tomorrow? You'd live. Some way, some how. I just don't have it in me to worry to the core of my person anymore. :rolleyes:

I know we all have to keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouths but I am just so sick and tired of the constant roller coaster ride..(mostly long down hill drops) at this company. MANY are at the end of their rope. I know it's easier said than done but ya know what would happen if this place shut tomorrow? You'd live. Some way, some how. I just don't have it in me to worry to the core of my person anymore. :rolleyes:

Absolutely the best post I've seen here in quite some time.

Be careful out there. Lagos, Nigeria was the one airport on the planet that had the distinction of being named by the international community of not being up to par in the area of airport security. It was posted for years at every security checkpoint in the US. Not sure if it's still there.

Given that, my guess is a layover in Lagos might be quite an adventure. One might not find the pay to do that work "decent" after the first trip there. Good luck to all of us.

Thanks busdriver, but I'm not interested in going to Lagos for any $$...just thought I would throw the information out there for someone who may be a little more adventurous than myself!

Like Travelpro mentioned, many are at the end of our ropes, myself included. This company has never had made an attempt to provide any sort of descent internal customer service. Therefore, many of us just show up to work to collect the paycheck and not worry about the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts