More Layoffs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are going to be any Layoffs, look for them Pre-Holiday.....that seems to be the USAirways way!!!! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all our valuable employee's!!! Now hit the streets!! :down: :angry: :down:

Well I think we are in what would be called the "calm before the storm". Overall it has been very quiet on the labor front. Management is up to something. I bet we'll get some information thats a real doozie soon. Yep it's usually before the holidays. HO HO HO! ! ! No inside info....just my own feeling.

Apparently there are going to be major reductions at LAS and affect many stations with LAS flights, with the "good news" to be given out tomorrow about how many furloughs and where.

QUOTE DELETED BY MODERATOR--POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO PROFANITY

At my former station, customer service and ramp were downsized and many were furloughed or transferred. The station was staffed by a station manager and three shift managers. The three shift managers only wrote esons to the ramp and nagged people about being late on their i-training. The station manager handled ALL of our paperwork when I transferred. The shift managers didn't know what to do. I'm now here on the east coast with people who seem to like me, fortunately. I really miss the old station like a toothache. The three shift managers are still there for all 2 mainline flights and express. About a month ago, a friend at my former station (he's still there) sent me a photo of a shift manager marshaling in a flight........ <_<
And where is the union with this??? Disgusting...and more layoffs to come...???

And where is the union with this??? Disgusting...and more layoffs to come...???

They have a union chairperson there and he knows about it. The manager did it when I was there and I made noise and he still does it. That ramp is way ripe for outsourcing so they probably don't want to ruffle feathers. Said manager will probably get his son a job at the contractor after outsourcing as he believes that working for DGS and others is a great career move. Why would anyone want their son to be a ramper now anywhere? :unsure:

where did you here about the layoffs in las vegas and the flight reductions that are suppose to be announced tomorrow

The difference in old and new is the utter distain this group has for the FF.

Attitude starts at the top....I seem to recall something I read that quoted Parker saying that to much attention was given to the passengers. This isn't a direct quote, but the message is the same. I couldn't guess what department you are in, but it is obviously not in the air side(flight crew) of this airline. Additionally, you don't non rev much, because if you had you would see dedicated flight attendants, going beyond the call of duty, which I might add, includes working between flights, cleaning airplanes and assisting passengers and NOT getting paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where did you here about the layoffs in las vegas and the flight reductions that are suppose to be announced tomorrow

They announced last week that there would be an announcement in about a week focusing on CLT/DCA/PHL/PHX. They can't really axe anything else from PIT, and BOS is all express outside focus cities and hubs (except some Caribbean routes)
So doing the math, that leaves for a Vegas pull down. Yields really aren't there on Vegas routes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see everything go except service to CLT, PHX, PHL, DCA, BOS, and PIT.
I figured that would clear up about 10 airplanes worth of flying which could replace E190 flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.