More Layoffs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the sad truth.

Sad to say some of you wouldn't be happy if you were number one in the base and made $100 an hour with 1 for 3 duty rigs.
The old days are gone. This is what it is. Both employees and customers, it is the same round and round and round and round complaining about the same things each and every day you all wake up in the morning and fall asleep ay night. If you are unhappy, GO!!! LEAVE!! I am not happy with everything here and this place is FAR from perfect, but there HAVE been improvements made, but many of you are so stuck in the "way it was" that you miss anything positive at all.

Let me ask you all. Did Piedmont ever reward us for OTP? NO!!! Did US Airways? NO!! Did Piedmont OR USAir ever give ANYONE $200, $1000, or $10,000 from a pool of cards for going above and beyond? NO!!! Did Piedmont or USAir ever give ANY bonus to it's frontline employees (except Christmas $100 for a few years)? NO!! Did Piedmont or USAir ever have a direct way to call or email inflight about catering or p&p questions? NOT REALLY?

I could go on and on, but to say this company does nothing is nothing but childish and foolish lies. Could they do more? Heck yes! But if you are going to complain every day here and can find NOTHING positive to say about anything US Airways, it is time to MOVE ON!!! The same people on line I PROMISE you are HORRIBLE out there to work with and EQUALLY HORRIBLE to the customer.

What you say is all well and good but when you continually live up to your end of the bargain only to see your company NEVER go the extra mile for YOU it gets a bit old. All those improvements are great I'll give you that but there are still MANY, MANY things that need fixed with no interest or intent shown by management. Seriously? You think otherwise? Now many find themselves in a catch twenty two where they love the career but are not happy with the company. Are you going to honestly tell everybody here that you think US management is PRO EMPLOYEE? C'mon now. Now with all that said, not everybody unhappy with various aspects of the job takes it out on the customer. Just go to the "Flight Attendant" thread and read the defenders of nasty employees. You keep telling yourself things are good, things are good. Eventually those shoes got Dorothy home too. :rolleyes:

Are you going to honestly tell everybody here that you think US management is PRO EMPLOYEE?

NO! But neither was the old US Airways. If any of you think that, then you worked for a different US Airways than I worked for. I see NO difference in the OLD US Airways and the NEW...NONE!!! The only difference being the things I mentioned. THAT ALONE tells me this group was a hair above the old regime. Boy, what short memories many here have. The difference in old and new is the utter distain this group has for the FF.

Some of you think the problems with US Airways started with America West. Well, you and many others here keep thinking THAT and perhaps the Wizard will give some of you a balloon ride back to Kansas! We have sucked for 21 of the 23 years I have been here....MANY years before the Sandflees took control.

Sad to say some of you wouldn't be happy if you were number one in the base and made $100 an hour with 1 for 3 duty rigs.
The old days are gone. This is what it is. Both employees and customers, it is the same round and round and round and round complaining about the same things each and every day you all wake up in the morning and fall asleep ay night. If you are unhappy, GO!!! LEAVE!! I am not happy with everything here and this place is FAR from perfect, but there HAVE been improvements made, but many of you are so stuck in the "way it was" that you miss anything positive at all.

Let me ask you all. Did Piedmont ever reward us for OTP? NO!!! Did US Airways? NO!! Did Piedmont OR USAir ever give ANYONE $200, $1000, or $10,000 from a pool of cards for going above and beyond? NO!!! Did Piedmont or USAir ever give ANY bonus to it's frontline employees (except Christmas $100 for a few years)? NO!! Did Piedmont or USAir ever have a direct way to call or email inflight about catering or p&p questions? NOT REALLY?

I could go on and on, but to say this company does nothing is nothing but childish and foolish lies. Could they do more? Heck yes! But if you are going to complain every day here and can find NOTHING positive to say about anything US Airways, it is time to MOVE ON!!! The same people on line I PROMISE you are HORRIBLE out there to work with and EQUALLY HORRIBLE to the customer.

Let me give you a little lesson in History.. Do you know what the starting rate was in 1980 at AA (for example) as a flight attendant? It was 18.00 a flight hour. Do you know what the starting rate is today, 29 years later? Around 17 - 18 dollars average.. PATHETIC!!!!! What about inflation over 30 years? Do you seriously think to yourself "well, this is just the way it is and we have to take it" ??? No way, the problem is, you are topped out in pay, and it isn't deathly horrible like some of your co-workers you work side by side with when you work, and your schedule is probably somewhat manageable, so for you to just sit back and say this babble, is just crazy IMO.. EVERY flight attendant at EVERY carrier should be working jointly to improve there HORRIBLE salaries. Who cares about email and catering questions, that is part of evolving in society and there is no other choice, get real.. Your salary should have progressed the same as the other things, and I could care less about $100 dollars here and there, sell it to someone else, I want more hourly, and I plan to get it.

I want more hourly, and I plan to get it.

Don't hold your breath ..... a top US executive recently stated in a public meeting that flight attendants, customer service agents and rampers should not view the job as a career, only a temporary position until a actual career opportunity comes along. STAY IN SCHOOL YOUNG FOLKS! ;)

Let me give you a little lesson in History.. Do you know what the starting rate was in 1980 at AA (for example) as a flight attendant? It was 18.00 a flight hour. Do you know what the starting rate is today, 29 years later?
Really, I guess you got those numbers the same place you get your other facts. Not even close to real.

EVERY flight attendant at EVERY carrier should be working jointly to improve there HORRIBLE salaries. I want more hourly, and I plan to get it.
You want a better pay from a company and from a job you dont respect. You want your airline to reward you, but you think nothing of calling in sick for the holidays. Dream on.

The number one flight attendant in PHL sits at home in SAN collecting 100 hours international pay and looking after the interests of only the senior flight attendants and screwing the reserves.

Really, I guess you got those numbers the same place you get your other facts. Not even close to real.

You want a better pay from a company and from a job you dont respect. You want your airline to reward you, but you think nothing of calling in sick for the holidays. Dream on.

Well FAMikey, I jhave a copy of that contract sitting in front of me, maybe you would like to post how much you believe the hourly pay was in 1980. I am sorry but you are wrong. VERY WRONG.. go to your union office and get a copy of the contract and take a look for yourself. It was actually calculated and the numbers ran, and if you were to adjust for inflation rate compare to 1980, the starting rate per hour of flight pay should be $52 a flight hour.. Moderator take note of his posts please.

It's time to get this one back on topic as well...This is about layoffs, not about Flight Attendants, not about working conditions, not about reserve, etc....there are other topics for that.

This one's about to be closed unless you can get back on topic.

This is a perfect illustration of why the moderators control labor threads.

Thank you.

Don't hold your breath ..... a top US executive recently stated in a public meeting that flight attendants, customer service agents and rampers should not view the job as a career, only a temporary position until a actual career opportunity comes along. STAY IN SCHOOL YOUNG FOLKS! ;)

Reminds me of the infamous Frank Lorenzo addressing a meeting of EAL employees and telling a flight attendant, who was concerned about her mortgage payments, that "a flight attendant should not own a house."

The American dream is not for everyone in the eyes of corporate America. It's only for the corporate elite. And they prove their point daily.

Human nature hasn't changed much since the French Revolution. Guillotines may one day again me in vogue.

Unemployment is nothing to be taken lightly , not in this day and age , those of you who want to complain about your current job should take a day off and go down to your local employment center and see what real life is actually like …

To anyone thinking there’s going to be contract improvements you need to think again . Our company is losing money and close to breaching our loan covenants , I don’t know how anyone in their right mind can think that they can press for wage increases …. You may feel free to disagree with what I’ve just said , but that doesn’t make it any less true .

Hopefully there won’t be anymore layoffs come January , but I won’t hold my breath .

Would the remaining 190's work in the Shuttle market? That would free up quite a few A319's for where the real money is in the carribean...............

To anyone thinking there’s going to be contract improvements you need to think again . Our company is losing money and close to breaching our loan covenants , I don’t know how anyone in their right mind can think that they can press for wage increases

If the management of U was really worried about the financial shape of the company, they should forgo their pay improvements and multimillion dollar bonuses to better the bottom line and secure everyones job. Years ago, I remember seeing stickers on pilot bags saying "Max pay to the end"...seems like that is the U management mantra now! Of course it is the employees money they are sticking in their pockets!

Dorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts